HUGE question

News, discussions and gossip around WOK SPECIES.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

SmashFace

HUGE question

Post by SmashFace » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:51 pm

is the dev team a bunch of losers??? :?: :wink:
God of WOK

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:19 pm

We are still debating on this aspect of WOK: Species. :argue: :book: :gossip: :dizzy: :swearing: :smash: .......................... :eureka:
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:04 pm

Well shouldnt you guys know the answer ? :roll:

Im happy to report that we are making incredible steps forward, and it looks like we soon may test the first live "jungle".

We will also try to release a link to our beta-site very soon in order to give you some ideas what is going on. Might stir up a few interesting discussions....

If all goes well we might be able to put the game into public use sooner then expected. I definitely hope so, all I can say for now is that it looks like another amazing WOK game is reaching our shores !

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:39 am

Sorry, you're both wrong. The rules clearly state that questions may only be answered "yes" or "no". Please try again.

korexus. :twisted:
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:53 pm

Zzzzz....mumble....wha?.....another half-baked WOK idea.....wake me up when it arrives....or WOK 6....or MW....or the CCG....zzzzz......
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:11 am

No, just for those of you who want a yes or no answer to a question(?)

Nick was that a question? I didn't read it close enough to know., but we will NOT wake you up when it is ready.

And,

NO I am not involved with this I just thought I would let those who were, know how to answer questions.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:09 pm

I hate to be cynical, but I am reserving my judgement on anything associated with this until I can see it in action, for obvious reasons. Nobody is informed enough to ask any logical questions, either, so this thread is pretty pointless until we see this in beta. I am not excited, or even optimistic, but I do keep in mind that Al is a genius programmer who did come up with the crown jewels of Kaomaris in WOK 4 and 5 so far. The potential is definetely there, as it is in all the unfinished WOK projects littering cyberspace, it's just a matter of waiting of bringing it to fruition. Good luck. (puts on Al flame-shield)

:greenfire:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:01 pm

Actually I dont feel offended (should I ?)

I dont have a problem to admit not all my projects turn into real games in the end. What matters is to learn from mistakes and take some essence out of everything you do to make the next one work out and be an even better game.

I have also given out coding to our master-coder, and without spoiling anything I can report that we have several thousands line of code and some raw database. Yes, WOK SP is the first step into bringing WOK into the browser-based world of games. Its still WOK, but then it will be something very new too.

Its time to turn the potential into something real, and Im confident we can make it with WOK SP.

I hope to share many more details and a preview link within the next few days. Stay tuned !