Server downtime

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

korexus

Server downtime

Post by korexus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:08 pm

From our webhost:
As part of our continuing efforts to keep our platform secure we need to update the software on the host node your server resides on and reboot the node after the update. We plan to complete this work on Wednesday 28 November 2018 between 8pm and 11pm UK time. We do not expect there to be significant downtime and we thank you for your patience while we upgrade the software on your host node.
Note that, in addition to the time while the server is unavailable, some things will not come back up automatically. Broswing the website and submitting orders should be fine, and I expect turns to run properly, but more experimental things like Quest and Cities will probably need me to kick them before they come back up.

Chris.

korexus

Re: Server downtime

Post by korexus » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 am

Well, it looks like the server didn't come up as cleanly as I would have liked.

Most of it should be back now, shout if you see something still broken, I'm off to clear the thousand or so error emails I got last night...

Chris.

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:35 pm

I'm going to try implementing WebSockets on the quest RPG. This will involve messing around with ports, and other stuff that I'm not particularly familiar with.

I'll be starting by making some changes to the webserver, which will require me to take it offline for a short itme. Hopefully this evening, and for less than an hour.

Chris.

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 pm

This evening's been busy. I'll do this at the weekend instead.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:52 am

The new webserver is in place. Downtime was pretty minimal, but there may be some things that aren't working properly. Let me know if you spot one!

Chris.