Email notifications.

Forum for discussion of changes in WoK.
korexus

Email notifications.

Post by korexus » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:13 pm

Players used to get email verifications of orders sent. This feature was removed when we moved to the SAOF. Perhaps it should be brought back.

In most cases this feature wouldn't affect the run of turn as it would merely confirm what a player had done wrong, but even then it would be helpful and it is possible that a database glitch would cause orders to go missing which could then be verified by the GM and run.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:35 pm

I think it's worth it if it doesn't increase the amount of e-mails the engine has to send out too much.

It's not very annoying to get one more e-mail that provides a good back-up at the same time.
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:47 pm

trewqh wrote:I think it's worth it if it doesn't increase the amount of e-mails the engine has to send out too much.
sure as long as the engine workload isn't stretched it can only be a good idea...
trewqh wrote:It's not very annoying to get one more e-mail that provides a good back-up at the same time.
An extra email to delete is no hardship :wink: however losing hours of preparation IS now were off the main forums I can at least say that...

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Hryllantre wrote:
trewqh wrote:I think it's worth it if it doesn't increase the amount of e-mails the engine has to send out too much.
sure as long as the engine workload isn't stretched it can only be a good idea...
Engine workload isn't an issue here. We did have an issue a year back about being identified as spam, so we'll need to keep an eye on that. The opt-in/out suggestion would help there I guess.

Chris.

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:20 pm

This gets my vote definitely.
Question everything.

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:58 pm

Ok, I've given it a go for standard WoK. LM, can you confirm that as GM you also got a notification of some blank orders sent by me in your game. (You should have them twice as the first time I didn't set the subject properly.)

Currently this only works for Standard WoK orders (and Standard Duels). If the emails seem about right to people then I'll add the same functionality to the Advanced SAOF too.

Chris.

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:11 pm

Yup, got two emails and the format seems fine to me.
Question everything.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:27 pm

I got three copies of the notification. It was the first time it acted this way.

Standard WoK Orders for player 1 on turn 8 of game 428
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking