WoK RPG Public Beta.

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:12 pm

korexus wrote:As well as adjusting the position, you can also adjust the size, by dragging from the bottom right corner
I tried that at the time but couldn't find them...

It's not there as big as it can get and still no movement...

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:33 pm

Which window are you resizing?
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Ok It's now sorted.

I couldn't find the directional pad on the main screen because it wasn't there, however when I pushed 'Adventure' it appeared. This would seem obvious and one wonders why I didn't do that to start with, bee in bonnet!!

Things of late have been peculiar

Bloodaxe
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Bloodaxe » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 pm

Well the RPG looks interesting and I want to try it out. I have tried several times to play it, but I can see the chat box, and nothing else. It says on-screen that I may need to delete the cookies, but I have completely forgotten how to do this...

Any help?

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:24 pm

Tools
Internet Options
Browsing history - delete
Cookies - delete Cookies

Bloodaxe
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Bloodaxe » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks for your help, but I think I'll give up now...
If I delete the cookies, whenever I log on here, I get logged out again.
And even then, the game doesn't show up if I'm not signed in.
I have no idea what's going on...

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:30 pm

You were right not to delete your Cookies I did and something is clearly amiss with the RPG Beta game...

Ahhh here I am no really!!

Online Now:

Dakoman
Forktongue
Hannibal
Ultyguy
Wallenstein
koala
Zigzag
Xarfei
korexus
Hryllantre
bloodaxe
and 7 guests
You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here - wow how many players :D

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Deleting cookies will log you out of WoK (and anything else) but logging back in again should fix that.

You will still appear in the online people list as that is based on people who have loaded a page in the last 5 minutes, or am I missing the point?

And yes, lots of people. :D

Chris.

Bloodaxe
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Bloodaxe » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Deleting cookies will log you out of WoK (and anything else) but logging back in again should fix that.
But doing that creates a cookie :cry:

I cant seem to see a way round this. There almost certainly is a way to get round the problem, but I have a rather slow and generally bad computer, so I would probably run into another problem somewhere along the line anyway, so I'll think I'll stop trying.

P.S. Does it show a list of people who loaded a page in the last 5 minutes? Whenever I log out, my name goes instantly of the list... :?:
"cogito, ergo sum"
-I think, therefore I am.

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Ahhh No you didn't miss the point korexus I completely missed my name on the list, so I made the point about cookies. logging out. oops. you get the idea. specsavers.

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 pm

Bloodaxe wrote:
But doing that creates a cookie :cry:
Should not be an issue. Logging in only creates a phpNuke cookie, the Lobby cookie won't be created until you go to the Lobby at which point the but bit which controls the window display should be updated. Although it sounds like this isn't happening any more. :(
I cant seem to see a way round this. There almost certainly is a way to get round the problem, but I have a rather slow and generally bad computer, so I would probably run into another problem somewhere along the line anyway, so I'll think I'll stop trying.
I made the system before FF3, it's possible the RPG needs tweaking for the new browser.
P.S. Does it show a list of people who loaded a page in the last 5 minutes? Whenever I log out, my name goes instantly of the list... :?:

Logging out is an exception. If you load a page a timer is started and you will be displayed as online for 5 minutes (to give you time to read the page; after this if you have not loaded a new page then it's assumed that you just closed your browser, wandered away, dropped dead or something :wink: ). If you log out then the site knows you are gone, so you will disappear from the list.

Chris.

Bloodaxe
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Bloodaxe » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:44 pm

korexus wrote: Logging out is an exception. If you load a page a timer is started and you will be displayed as online for 5 minutes (to give you time to read the page; after this if you have not loaded a new page then it's assumed that you just closed your browser, wandered away, dropped dead or something :wink: ). If you log out then the site knows you are gone, so you will disappear from the list.

Chris.
I see. I just confused when it said that Hryll was an anonymous user with the option of registering, and it said he was online....
Understood.
"cogito, ergo sum"
-I think, therefore I am.