Spell Books

Talk about the WoK Role Playing Game, currently in open beta.

Moderator: korexus

korexus

Spell Books

Post by korexus » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:31 pm

I've grouped three of the spell books together. Magic, Protection and Vision were all a bit short on spells, so now they're just listed as Magic. Any points you had in the other two should have been transferred over.

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:19 pm

when i cast protection it shows up on my status, but see invisiblity does not, ... just and FYI :)
God of WOK

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:07 pm

That's 'cos I haven't done sight veil yet. Just discussing what the effect should be with Rune though, so shouldn't be long...

Chris.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:18 am

I've modified the way creatures resist spells, primarily this was to reduce the strength of the element spell book (and leprosy in particular) but the general effect was that creatures are resistant to more spells than they were before. Hopefully this will reduce the discrepancy between warrior and mage characters.

This change could have had the side effect of making some creatures virtually unkillable. If you find something that seems overly hard to get rid of then shout up. (I have no problem with something being unkillable by most methods, but you should have some way of getting rid of them...)

Equally if something really should be resistant to a spell which is hurting it, I probably entered a number wrongly somewhere, so do let me know.

Chris.