elixers

Talk about the WoK Role Playing Game, currently in open beta.

Moderator: korexus

SmashFace

elixers

Post by SmashFace » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:55 pm

how is an elixr a healing spell? would it not be just like a potion? anywho, i tried to use it doing battle and it said i can't use heal spells during combat, which apprantly lets monsters attack you 16 times for 400 dmg. anywho, is that supposed to be how things go?
God of WOK

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:32 pm

An elixir is a potion, just with a different name. Not letting you use potions in combat is deliberate, but I could have my mind changed. The monster should have attacked, but it should only have been once. Unless you were fighting a group of 16+ monsters?

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:20 pm

it attacked as if i had opened a chest. which is a lot, i think potions and elixirs should be used in combat, isn't that the point? the spell is for non combat. but to have the monster attack if you can't use something is pretty odd, it shouldn't execute any command except that u can't use it like that, or it needs to be equipped, why should u gett attacked for that?
God of WOK

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:27 pm

If you're fighting a monster and you stop for a drink, it sounds fair that it hits you. I'll have a fiddle with the logic for when the attack happens though. The attack when trying to used an unequipped item (posted somewhere else) should not have happened.

Basically Everytime you do something, if there is a monster in the square, it gets the opportunity to attack you.

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:29 pm

i agree the monster should be able to hit you, but potions should be able to be used during combat, and when it said i couldn't use the elixir
during battle i was attacked, thats what sucked...
God of WOK