WoK RPG Public Beta.

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Has anyone discovered how to raise Dexterity as it's slowing my war monger like progress, I need to wield stronger weapons so to satisfy my bloodlusting...

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:42 pm

where is the remove item button? i can't seem to locate it.
God of WOK

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:44 pm

alsoi have spell level 4 identify item.. when can i actually use it?
God of WOK

Tinker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tinker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Hryllantre wrote:Has anyone discovered how to raise Dexterity as it's slowing my war monger like progress, I need to wield stronger weapons so to satisfy my bloodlusting...
There are Tomes which raise stats, but so far I've only found one and it was Charisma. (Bah.) I need STR to get beyond the noob weapons, and I've had no luck.
Tinker
"Trust me, of course I'm on your side..."

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:08 pm

I'm working on making certain monsters more likely to drop certain items, this will be used in part to make tomes more common at the lower levels, but it will be quite a long job.

The remove item option does seem to have dissapeared, I'll try to get it back for you.

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:17 pm

Remove item should now be in the shop, just below the ID form.

Items were only flagged as cursed when they were fully IDed, which was why you were not seeing the form. However, forcing you to ID the item and pay to have removed seems over harsh to me...

Chris.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:52 pm

SmashFace wrote:alsoi have spell level 4 identify item.. when can i actually use it?
Identify Item isn't a spell but a passive skill, it is always in effect. Whenever you pick up an item you identify it as well as you can; your ability to do this is based on INT, WIS, Level and ID Item skill.

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:37 pm

SmashFace wrote:alsoi have spell level 4 identify item.. when can i actually use it?
Pass it to me SF and I'll identify it for you :twisted: I am a Evil Gnome though, so don't expect it back in any great hurry...

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:41 pm

Quite stupidly I equipped myself with an *cough* item which is cursed, consequently I cannot remove and it's stats are poo. Can said items be removed and dropped for some other unsuspecting player to discover...

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Got to the shop and use the option to remove the item. It'll cost you though...

An unequipped item can be dropped with the dr button. This deletes the item, so it won't be discovered by anyone else.

Chris.

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Oh no it'll cost me 12,000+ points to remove said item. Does the bank lend money?!! hypothetical - just pivved

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:25 pm

chris, i fought a monster that lowered some of my stats, and its permanent? not just in the fight? my CHA is now 5, and it lowered looks like all of my stats by at least 1 if not 2. i don't recall which monster this was because it hit me for like 30 damage and killed me when i tried to go to another square.
God of WOK

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:32 pm

found the SOB, a munsae, at the cost of 2 more stat points.... i kind of want to reset my charactor now as pretty much all my stats are at the highest 10. most at in the 8-10 range instead for the 10-12, grr
God of WOK

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:34 pm

and then i get killed in 1 hit by a nastrum.
God of WOK

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Stat draining is looking to be too strong. I want it to be permament, but the monsters which drain seem to be doing it too easily. Some races have natural resistances to draining, some items grant resistance and I'm working on some spells to give the same effect. But I guess I'd better reduce the chance to drain a bit. At least until I finish making the tomes and potions less rare...

Similat line for monsters which can stone you. They should be feared as getting turned into a statue will kill you, regardless of how many HP you have. I've upped the level of all monsters which can turn a player to stone by 3, so you'll see them slightly later on, when you're hopefully better at fighting.

As for resurrection, I should probably point out that three of the high level healing spells can be used to bring players back from the dead. This will remove the gold and AP cost for the dead player, although of course it requires you to have a comrade to cast it on you. There are also items to cast each of these spells, if you can't convince someone to train as a healer. When designing the game, I was hoping for a fair bit of player cooperation, that's what makes it a role playing game, not a dungeon hack. :wink:

Chris.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:14 pm

Ok, I've reduced the monster chances for Draining, Stoning and Aging (although no one's mentioned that yet as getting old currently doesn't affect you.)

I've also added a new class of spells: Resistance, which can be cast on players to set their resistance to X as 95% until they next login. Again, this works best as a team effort, you'll struggle to become a good healer, resistance caster and fighter. I could be convinced to lower the level of each spell so you learn them sooner; we'll see how it goes I guess...

Chris.

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:21 pm

Whilst being afk but inside the city I've lost upwards of 6-7k points, Why?!!

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:31 pm

I have no idea. Being turn based nothing should happen while you're not doing anything.

By points, do you mean gold or AP? Did you have to log in again when you came back?

Chris.

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:20 pm

grr gotta reset my charactor, i was stupid to idtenify 2 objects both turned out to be worth 0gold. also, i was paralyzed and killed, bittering.. oh well that chractors stats were all crap now anyways. -2 on everyone from that monster. well i'll see all you low levels around!
God of WOK

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:52 pm

Items in the storage and money in the bank will transfer over to the next character, which can help you build up a legacy over time...