Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Jen
Recruit
Recruit

VP's

Post by Jen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:59 pm

Are VP's still being tracked?

I just saw on my profile that I have 1 VP, but I won 2 games. Is that right?
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:21 pm

You're correct, Jen. The problem is that some VPs have been tracked and others haven't. What we need is for someone with time on thier hands to work from the last posting of VPs on the forums, to work out what VPs everyone should have now...

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:45 pm

jen is near the top, look she has lots of points. I am the score keeper and if their is any problems feel free to contact me.

d

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:02 pm

VPs are different to the scoring system that you keep though D. From my point of view I am unsure whether we are also counting VPs or not. I actually thought we weren't.
Question everything.

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 am

well if we decide the scoring system is bad then winners just get points converted to vp's. The thing is though with this it would give people like jen for instance more poionts then required as i have given here the score system points for it aswell, also what about the games that got vp's before the score system came in so it will be acward to know what to change and what not to change.

d

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:00 am

The most sensible plan, surely, is to keep BOTH systems going in parallel.

This helps continuity survive if one or other system dies, eg if a scorekeeper finds a better interest and lets it slide; it could happen.

Also, it might even give us two different top-scorers - twice as many people really happy! Which is great! Like championships and cups. Don't knock two different scoring systems in paralllel - at first glance you think it's a stupid waste; at second glance you see that it has a lot to commend it ...

So, all we need is a scorekeeper for the old VP system as well. Shouldn't be the same person, because that would mean both systems crash if one scorekeeper crashes. So, who? Devious: Responsibility tends, sometimes, to motivate the responsible-one to stay with it ... So I recommend ... er ... Jen ... to become scorekeeper of the old and simple VP system in parallel. Dead easy: 2 VP's if you win solo, or shared one each if you share a 2-player win.

Jen? Dragonette? Kor?

Cheers,
Han
Last edited by Hannibal on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:15 am

yes i dont mind mind, it sounds like a reasonable desion, anyway i'd get confused trying to do both so il just let someone else do that one, and that way if someone says the game has finished the other person can be told by email they need to come to wok if their not their.

d

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:05 am

Folks

I was planning to take this project on (tracking of VPs) once Ewok was up and running.

If someone else is dead keen to do it then I won't get in the way.

Otherwise I will probably be able to devote some time to this in a few weeks.

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:15 pm

ag

you could always sort something out for wok5 seen as it is entering a new period of its life, maybe it would be a good idea to give it a full new fresh start.

d