Standard WoK score table - 2007

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:01 pm

We had such a rule, but it seems that since we didn't reiterate it when Dragonette took over she doesn't know it and consider it a part of the system she's using. Same happened to the rule that said that there can be no split wins when there are 5 quits.
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:02 pm

hey noone told me about it. anyway STOP writing on my thread PLEASE. find somewhere else.

:) dragonette

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:08 pm

We can delete the posts once the issue is resolved.
trewqh

Yondallus
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Yondallus » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:24 am

South America has finished:

1: Lardmaster
1: TBert
3: TheDragon
4: Mullog
5: Dragonette
6: Demandred
7: Vortan
8: mrfighter
8: Celerian
8: Calidus

Congratulations to TBert and Lardmaster!

Korexus: It doesn't say finished, but no-one is voting against. Can you please manually finish the game? Or tell me how to?
Lord Yondallus

currently owns:
-a tent
-the last pigeon of the scholars(won in a duel vs Korexus)

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:26 pm

i know it's finished i have 3 people [including me] that was in the game one of which was waiting to finish. If you read the board properly you should of put it on the scoring topic further down.

South America run by gm yon.

In first lardmaster and tbert getting 150 points each.

in third thedragon getting 30 points each.

in fourth mullog getting 20 points.

in fifth dragonette getting 10 points.

in sixth demandred getting 5 points.

in seventh vortan getting 3 points.

in eighth, nineth and tenth getting 1 point each.

that chart will be changed as required

Yondallus
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Yondallus » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:23 pm

Well, it's not like I read every post on this board. And the fact that there are multiple posts about the scoring period doesn't help either. Why is this post even in the General Discussion Forum?
Lord Yondallus

currently owns:
-a tent
-the last pigeon of the scholars(won in a duel vs Korexus)

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:39 am

you could of pmed me that instead of mucking the board up with your sarcastic uncessercery comments. someone please delete the posts that are not truely inmportant or have being written by anyone other than me. please.

the score method that dragonette is the author for. is the one i meant if youd clicked on it you would of seen that it was a failed attempt that got lots of critisim so i started fresh. It is in general disscussion as i believed that it was a quite important thing as it is in all strategic games. Theirfore seen as the general disscusion is 'all wok here' i believed that that was the correct and neccersery place.

any more comments pm me and that goes for anyone.

dragonette

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:41 am

Dragonette wrote:you could of pmed me that instead of mucking the board up with your sarcastic uncessercery comments.
You started this by yelling at Yon. If you don't want people to be mean to you, try being polite first. Admittedly it won't work all the time, but it is surprisingly effective.
the score method that dragonette is the author for. is the one i meant if youd clicked on it you would of seen that it was a failed attempt that got lots of critisim so i started fresh. It is in general disscussion as i believed that it was a quite important thing as it is in all strategic games. Theirfore seen as the general disscusion is 'all wok here' i believed that that was the correct and neccersery place.
Yondallus posted on his game thread and on a sticky post in the general discussion. I agree that only one of those posts was necessary, but it's hardly a hanging offense.

I believe Yon's point is that as you are only scoring Standard games, the Standard WoK forum would be a better place for it. If you would like the thread moved there or two threads merged together for clarity I will be more than happy to oblige.

I know you want to keep the thread tidy, but that's just not realistic. You update the first post anyway, which is the only post people will look at most of the time. When as issue with scoring comes up, this is the natural place for people to bring it up, but we're already well into the second page of posts. It just doesn't matter!

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:45 am

korexus wrote:
Yondallus posted on his game thread and on a sticky post in the general discussion. I agree that only one of those posts was necessary, but it's hardly a hanging offense.
I agree with Kor's main point. I'd go further: far from being a not-quite-hanging-offence (I know Kor was being diplomatic), I'd say it was GOOD that Yond bothered to post the outcome in both places, for all relevant to have max chance of seeing it. And it is surely being helpful for the GM to set it out in terms of 1st, 2nd 3rd etc, rather than just tell the scorekeeper that the game has finished ... Well done, Yon.

Dragonette, please RELAX. I have a 13-year-old, I can see where you're coming from, and I want to encourage you, not slap you down. But pls appreciate that Yon did everything right and nothing wrong. I see nowhere that he was giving "sarcastic unnecessary comments". He was being helpful. OK, if I was talking to MY 13-year-old, I'd now say: "Trust me you're wrong, trust me, you can't see it properly at your age".

And don't get annoyed at THIS post! It's to help you get on better with people posting to help your score-keeping! As Yond did.

Pls stop imagining that posts are somehow undermining you. Assume that everyone is trying to help. And doin't assume that everyone has read everything. It's only a hobby. If you assume that they should have read and remembered everything, then that is your mistake, not theirs ...

Ok, it's great that you are so committed. But don't get so angry at others?! :wink:

BTW, how's your Dad? Hopefully not more ill than before?

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:30 pm

oh he's fine and soon ot have some more wisdom teeth took out poor him.

good topic change.

i say that like the duels i have a little compotition i will post the idea to korexus to see what he thinks before i declare it an idea on the boards.

I like to keep things nice and tidy so what i think its good

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:19 pm

hiya everyone

i have an idea to get some end of year points.

this has being approved by korexus but i want to know what you think.

i am going to do a quiz based on standerd wok 2007 it will be completly voluntry but those of you taking part will get extra points on my marvellous list. This will involve people searching through the forums and old games to find the answer, that way it makes it pretty easy if you can be bothered.

I will put on a poll to see what people think,how to expand and why they think that,what the advantages and disadvantages are....but the poll will only last 1 week then.... depending on the vote i will start planning and sending.

so what are you waitng for get voting and expanding the idea box.

dragonette

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:45 am

i will do the scores for water croosing as soon as i can, internet may be down at home, but i will do it as soon as it is back as i can not do it at school as i will not be able to write down on a back up paper copy.

dragonette

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:32 am

right then, here are the water crossing scores....

10th eagle eyes quiting getting 0 points.

9th longbow gettings uno/1 points

8th bigjozzy getting dos /2 points

7th/6th dark assasin and lardmaster getting cuatro/4 points.

5th bloodaxe getting diez/10 points

4th/3rd dragonette and trewqh getting veinte cinte/ 25 points

2nd/1st bjorn and hryllante well done you get cientocincuenta/150 points

just thought i'd see if i could remember my spainish from a couple of years ago.

i will change table as necerssary.
d

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:40 pm

so as lavaland run by gm chris finishes i will show you the results:

1st/2nd brykovian and nemisis getting 150 points each

3rd bigjozzy getting 30 points

4th/5th mullog and lardmaster getting 15 points each

6th deucalion getting 5 points

7th/8th egbert and yondallus getting 2.5 points each

9th arbco getting 1 point

10th bloodaxe getting 0 points.

i will change the charts as neccersary

dragonette

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:23 pm

nemisis was kind enough to point this out to me...........

surburbia run by gmchris[lardy]...

1st/2nd is auzzie gaz and trewqh getting 150 points each.

3rd/4th/5th is nemisis,hryllante and lardmaster getting 20 points each

6th is nestalawe getting 5 points

7th is tbert getting 3 points

8th is egbert getting 2 points

9th/10th is brykovian and lord fredo getting 0.5 points each.

i will change the chart as neccersary

d

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:03 pm

That sucks...

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:42 pm

Dragonette wrote:nemisis was kind enough to point this out to me...........

surburbia run by gmchris[lardy]...

1st/2nd is auzzie gaz and trewqh getting 150 points each.

d
Hey, GO TREWQH ! Chalk one up for a Vulking! (Oh, and for AG's ..... er, ....(checks) ... Valn Ohtar). It must have been interesting vying or allying in this, in parallel with competing with each other in the Duel-Lite Grand Final.

Could I make 3 small suggestions? (Never make 1 when 3 will do ...).

1) This is the Sticky at the top of General forum. Now that it's accepted, shouldn't it be the sticky at the top of the Standard forum rather than General, as the place to look for the Standard scoreboard? IMHO.

2) I wanted to see how Trewqh did it, so went to view the game. Couldn't find it for a while. Had to go to View OLD games, and look through a few of Lardy's and tons of Chris's. It was relegated to the LONG-and-getting-longer Old Games, even within 24 hours of the post saying it was finished and X and Y won. Er, can I suggest (again!!) that resident genius Kor codes in a delay: once a game is set to "Finished", it still hangs around in Running Games for 10-14 days, before disappearing off to Old Games, so that people can see the result. Not only if they are searching for it, but also if they are just scanning Current Games for the latest on any game. IMHO.

3) When players or GM report a result, and/or when the Scorekeeper confirms it and hands out points, could we maybe be sure to say which CLAN(s) they were from? If only for the winners? I think it would help the sense of clans, not for the players in that game, but for all watchers. IMHO.

Cheers,
Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:48 pm

hA<b>n</b>n<b><i>i</i></b>Ba<i><b>L</b></i> wrote:2) I wanted to see how Trewqh did it, so went to view the game. Couldn't find it for a while. Had to go to View OLD games, and look through a few of Lardy's and tons of Chris's. It was relegated to the LONG-and-getting-longer Old Games, even within 24 hours of the post saying it was finished and X and Y won. Er, can I suggest (again!!) that resident genius Kor codes in a delay: once a game is set to "Finished", it still hangs around in Running Games for 10-14 days, before disappearing off to Old Games, so that people can see the result. Not only if they are searching for it, but also if they are just scanning Current Games for the latest on any game. IMHO.
I think we have that. It's just that the game finished wuite a while ago.
trewqh

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:12 pm

well i only got told yesterday, so its not my fault is it????????????????

d

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:15 pm

It's not your fault.
trewqh