2007 VP reporting

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

trewqh

2007 VP reporting

Post by trewqh » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:56 am

Don't count on anyone compiling an up to date standings chart, but I thought having that thread would be nice.

So... [drumroll]

Congratulations to masjwar and Saladin of the Scholars for winning my Colonial group! This game was for VPs so both of you get 1VP.

What I think needs mentioning is that it was masjwar's second WOK game ever, which makes his victory (in a game filled with WOK vets) even more prominent.

GM Mike

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:41 pm

Congrats to both 8)
Question everything.

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Re: 2007 VP reporting

Post by Calidus » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:47 pm

trewqh wrote: What I think needs mentioning is that it was masjwar's second WOK game ever, which makes his victory (in a game filled with WOK vets) even more prominent.

GM Mike
Nah, that just makes him the first victim from here on out. Now he's a THREAT!!!

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:36 pm

I was looking through my 'old' 2007 games and thought i'd add:

Chris 08 Center Island - Solo win for Saladin (Scholars).
http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/modules ... 290#action

Mike's Austrian Apocalypse - shared win for the Scholars Brykovian and Saladin.
http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/modules ... 296#action

These games don't count for the new scoring system, but it would be nice to see them added to Kaohalla. :D
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:00 pm

1 vp with the new scoring system isnt very much...you get that for 9th in a game

dragonette

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:05 pm

And the point Dragonette, is that the voice of the Vets would seem to be saying that they would rather maintain the existing VP system instead of the 'new' system.

If I am wrong gentlemen please feel free to correct me (I am sure you will anyway). :P
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:46 pm

Not all veterans surely. Han suggested a system similar to the one being tested now years ago. The opposition then was much stronger than now.
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:55 pm

?

I'm fully in favour of the new system, but these games were still played under the old system but weren't scored yet in the Kaohalla. Which is why i posted.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:23 pm

ok i didnt get it. I misinterpretated a bit of it. Ok. Well am i putting that on my score page or dosent that count

dragonette

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:32 pm

Those games ended under the old system, so you don't need to be bothered by them.
trewqh

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:34 pm

Saladin wrote:I was looking through my 'old' 2007 games and thought i'd add:

Chris 08 Center Island - Solo win for Saladin (Scholars).
http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/modules ... 290#action

Mike's Austrian Apocalypse - shared win for the Scholars Brykovian and Saladin.
http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/modules ... 296#action

These games don't count for the new scoring system, but it would be nice to see them added to Kaohalla. :D
This should amaze a few people ... I want to disagree with Saladin but IN HIS FAVOUR.

I think those games SHOULD be counted in Dragonette's tally.

Let's make it a tally for calendar 2007 (all games that ended in 2007), not a tally for half-a-year, or for May-May henceforth forever ...

After all, it's not tough to do that. I checked finished and old games, and there aren't too many to handle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were just 6 Standard WOK games that have already finished:

Dragonette is prob already counting:
GM Mike #09 Colonial (won by Masjwar and Saladin)
GM Lardy Fall Of the Raj (won by Jen and Saladin)

So why not go BACK and add in the other 4:
The 2 that Sal mentioned above:
GM Chris #08 Center Island (won solo by Saladin)
GM Mike Austrian Apocalypse (won by Saladin and Brykovian)

And the 2 I've spotted:
GM Lardy Fun in the Sun (won by TBert and Korexus)
GM Chris Risk World (won by TBert and Gaz)

I'm sure that GM's Chris, Lardy and Mike would help you out by looking back at those games, following your rules on who lasted how long, and tell you all the players' points.

Only 4 games to do it for. And it makes it "complete", calendar year, a much better system for the next 10 years, for only a tiny bit of effort now.

Yep, that gives Saladin a LOT of points. Deserved. And TBert gets points for 2007 that you wouldn't have given him. And even more people start by getting SOME points!! Great.

BTW, there is nothing in this for me. I get no points. I AM in a standard game now (which you'll later count anyway), but my last game at standard WOK was in 2006 (19,475 pts on the scoreboard, cool!), so I gain nothing by you going back to include ALL 2007 games. It's for fairness, for Sal, and for calendar-simplicity for the future. And means you have immediately a bigger database to kick off the table with! (BTW, where do I see this table/scoreboard?).

I suggest you include ALL 2007 games (defined as ENDING in 2007). And well done Sal.

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Nemesis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:40 pm

Makes sense to me. Then the Championship games can be for the year, like it used to be. Else it will end up with the 2007/08 WOK Championships. It doesn't matter if there are any Champ games this year, but like Han said, it will work better for the next 10 years, etc

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:43 pm

PS

When you publish your scoreboard, presumably to be occasionally updated, I suggest you do what trewqh did in Duel and Duel-Lite tables, and list below the table all the games that you have so far included.

It will keep your own tallying straighter, and also help every player who is wondering whether you included or missed his win ...

H
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:09 am

Good job i finished school yesterday. I will do these later[when im more awake]. Each game will be a long process as i need to figure out who quited when...then find their m1 spot. I then have to find who got ripped on what turn. Tracking back through all the turns.

I will do this however long it takes

dragonette

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:11 am

Hannibal wrote:
When you publish your scoreboard, presumably to be occasionally updated, I suggest you do what trewqh did in Duel and Duel-Lite tables, and list below the table all the games that you have so far included.

It will keep your own tallying straighter, and also help every player who is wondering whether you included or missed his win ...
i already have a list of games under my topic ....i just forgot to make the topic sticky....can someon do that

dragonette

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:35 am

You mean the 'scoring -the new way' topic on the general discussions forum?

How about starting a new one in the Standard WoK forum since the previous one turned into a debate thread?
trewqh

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:05 am

no not the one with the debate...the other one he one with the list and of players for the score system.

dragonette