Latest disaster in Chris's Life.

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

korexus

Latest disaster in Chris's Life.

Post by korexus » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:46 pm

I got home today to find my house flooded. I'm typing this from my laptop on battery power, as I get an electric shock every time I plug something in.

So for the forseable future, if you want something done, you'll have to get trewqh or Rune to do it. I'll try to check my emails once a day, but once this battery is dead, that's it...

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:55 pm

What oh no!!!!! poor you!!!!! id hate that if it happened to me!!!!!! Luckly where i am at the most we will get boxed in as the roads around us flood ....but not our actual house!!!!!!

I hope it hasent damaged most of your stuff. Has your school broken up....if not will you find time to repair the damage.?????

i truely feel sorry for you :cry:

dragonette

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Nemesis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:58 pm

Crazy weather today. Heavy rain all day. Sorry to hear about your plight!

Hope you can get everything sorted but I know flooding can be a nightmare :?

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:03 pm

well you were obviously one of the places to get teh 2 months of rain in several hours. It started raining heavy here a couple of hours ago but now its stopped. I hope you havee flood insurence so you can get back some money top help put your house right. I already have my light on cant see a thing otherwise.

do you really tjhink its a good idea to stay on teh site very long. Why dont you check it less often that way you save electricity power.

I will say it again i am really sorry and hope things are sorted soon

dragonette

Tinker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tinker » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:25 pm

Gah! That's terrible! Good luck with the cleanup, I hope the damage isn't too bad.
Tinker
"Trust me, of course I'm on your side..."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:35 pm

Ah Chris man, that bites. Hoep you're insured and will be able to get everything fixed and cleaned up. I hope you didn't lose any personal things in the flood.

All the best mate.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:59 pm

Chris, how close are you to Brice Norton? (or however its spelt) just heard on news that they had 100mm of rain in two hours! 4 inches of rain. Wow.

We aint got much but if I can help in any way let me know. And that includes space on the living room floor if you need it.
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Brother, we sure hope you can manage to save some of your things.

If you wanted to box up some of that water, and send it over here, we sure could use it. We are only about 18 inches below our normal rainfall for the year.

Hang in there!

Cal
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:42 pm

Booted up the old PC. It may be slow and clunky, but it's also unkillable, it seems!

Thanks for all the messages, it makes what has been a pretty crappy day slightly more bearable to know that people I've never met care! :D (really, it does. I'm not being sarcastic, no matter how hard that may be to believe...)

To answer your question, Vortan, I'm about 20 minutes upstream of Brize, so I got all their water just before they did.

Laptop is now dead (one electric shcok too many), it's covered so a replacement won't cost me anything and the files were pretty much all backed up, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Not sure how much I'll be able to do from this computer, but I'll try to direct operations as best as I can. (Who knows what would happen if I left you guys to your own devices for more than a few hours!)

Thanks again for the messages of support.

~Chris, sodden but also slightly sozzled so feeling better already!
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:17 pm

the wheathers got worse,especially near oxford. i hope it hasent affected your house anymore. I also hope you can get electricity and water,as i know some places near oxford cant. I also hope no one else is having wheather problems.

dragonette

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:20 pm

Wow ... I'm sorry to hear about your situation there Chris. I hope things will take a turn to the better soon.

// LF