Roots - Formal Public Apology

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Roots - Formal Public Apology

Post by Vortan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:54 am

Background

In Back to the Roots I secured a NAP with Lardmaster for turns 7-9 inclusive and we agreed a borderline. Turn 6 ran and I succeeded in RIPping Hryll in one turn, earlier than expected. I then saw Tigress in province 30, with all her provinces within striking range for a T7 assault.

I saw red, not particularily liking Kitty much as a result of a nasty duel encounter and her constant references to it on the forum. I ordered the attack and communicated my intent to Lardmaster, who rightly so, reminded me of the terms of the NAP. I checked my mails and advised that I would retract BUT, and here is the killer, the turn ran 17 hours early!

Apology

I therefore apologise unreservedly to Lardmaster for this SERIOUS indiscretion but I genuinely would have altered the orders had the turn not decided to run early. I hope this will not sour relations between us, this was a genuine error on my part. I just cannot stand cats! Please find it in your heart to forgive me ... grovel, fawn, beg ...
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:59 am

Who said chivalry was dead eh?

As it happens Vortan it's just one less player for me to have to kill so you did me a favour really :)
Question everything.

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:23 pm

:oops: :worship: :oops:

Awfully magnanimous of you old boy. Your understanding and compassion will go down in The Chronicles of Vortan - Volume 1 entitled 'How to survive being a complete idiot!' by Vortan.

Thanks again LM.
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!