New Game and New WOK Parameters - Caribbean WOK !!!

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:22 pm

korexus wrote:Rune: I don't suppose you want to look for the bug? Didn't think so...
Actually, I could have done that if I had known where to start. Its too bad you have done all the work, for now I can't help you. 8)
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:47 pm

Should be fixed now.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:50 pm

Dameon wrote:I think the more important question is here, who steals pop? I mean, really? :lol:
lol
First one here, last one to leave.

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:09 pm

WOW! That was one fast turn! Good thing I put my orders in early :roll:

Duke

Post by Duke » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:14 am

Duke wrote:There must be something wrong with the Leaderboard. Brykovian is on top. That isnt possible at any point in a WOK game.
*turns to Brykovian*

Now this type of leaderboard is more what I am used to. *sigh*

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:19 pm

Another problem. :?

Help, Chris!

I extended the deadline by 24 hours, but the computer didn't care and ran the turn early. 4 players went M-1 as a result, which is certainly unfair.

I have paused the game. Please do not submit any new orders yet. We are going to need to fix this problem so it doesn't happen again, and we are going to try and figure out how to rerun the turn. Now, this could present a problem, since some of you have not submitted orders yet, but you can see what the other players have done. So, the best solution I can think of, is to allow everyone to resubmit orders for this past turn. This assumes we can rerun the turn, and Chris will have to help me with that. If anyone has a better solution, please let me know.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:03 pm

Duke wrote:
Duke wrote:There must be something wrong with the Leaderboard. Brykovian is on top. That isnt possible at any point in a WOK game.
*turns to Brykovian*

Now this type of leaderboard is more what I am used to. *sigh*
*Sigh*, indeed! ... I didn't respond to your original jab, al-duke-a, but now all I'd like to ask is: In the last 2 games that you and I have both played in, who took home VPs and who "put up a really good fight toward the end"? ;)

(Believe me -- it's a very nice thing to consistently ride to victory on the coattails of folks like Eg and Sal. :))

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:11 pm

Now if I could only find someone to get my own little coattail ride on. *Looks at Tbert* Well, I guess it'll wait.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:23 pm

Okay, everyone, Chris fixed the problem. I tried to update the Kaobase at one point, which I thought was harmless, but it turned out that it affected the running of the turn. Oops.

So, the turn has been reset. I will give everyone 48 hours (turn due: Wednesday at 15:30 EST) to submit orders to me. If you previously submitted orders, you will have to resubmit them (and you can of course change them). Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully the game will run smoothly from now on. 8)
They can happen to you,

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:10 pm

Sorry, the kaobase wasn't exactly user friendly so this was an easy mistake to make. I've now updated it so that the next turn is shown as date and time for each game when a GM is updating information. Hopefully this will stop any future confusion and also, Advanced WoK GMs might start updating the kaobase entries for their games. :)

Chris.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:57 pm

korexus wrote:Hey, Egbert! It's an automated game. --- You never have to push any buttons once you've set it off! Great isn't it?! :D

Chris.
Well, if the turns run automatically, and the GM doesn't have to push a button to run the turn, why does it sometimes say in GM Wilfred's Training Game, "The Turn is Overdue" instead of just running the turn?
They can happen to you,

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:18 pm

Has it ever said that?!

Your game currently says that it is overdue but that is because it is currently paused and therefore able to be overdue. That's a feature which I only added today, however, so it shouldn't have appeared in Wilfred's game so far unless we have some weird 4-dimensional filespace on the WoK server...

As a side note, it is possible for a game to be as much as 59minutes overdue as the engine only checks for games to run once an hour but this should only happen if the GM has manually changed the due time to an awkward value. - The engine bears it in mind when creating its own due dates...

korexus.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:11 pm

:lol: Yes, Wilfred's Training Game has said "The turn is overdue" on a number of occasions. In fact, I remember a thread somewhere in which Sal asked if you could send a reminder to the GM as to when a turn is due to be run, so he could "push the button."

Maybe I'm crazy or just imagining this. :flip: Anyone else out there remember seeing any of this?
They can happen to you,

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:55 pm

I've seen several games listed as overdue that were running automatically.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:09 am

For the record: Yes you are crazy Egbert. You cant leave the Garden State with the greatest hockeyteam ever and move to the Weather Disaster State. :wink:

And I have too seen the manager say it is overdue. However as we say, the GMs have real lifes too, why shouldnt the manager hit some bars on occation?

I think that it is as simple as this. Korexus knows nothing about programming but he wants to show off so he claims that he has made this fancy "manager". What is actually going on is that everything is mailed to Korexus and he is running the turns on that old WOK4 manager and then posting the results as we always did. He doesnt even go to Oxford. He is probably a 45 year old laid off steel worker in Swindon still living with his mom.

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:34 pm

:? I'm very confused as to how that happened. Maybe I coded more than I thought... maybe you're all trying to wind me up... maybe Rune did some work...

Nah, I think your theory makes most sense, Duke.

korexus.

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am

That's what I thought. So, how are things in Swindon?

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:42 pm

Turn 3 has run. Sorry for the delay --- I thought I ran the turn before the Thanksgiving Holiday here in the US, but I apparently didn't.

Chris, the game did not print out any commentary. Also, I got this when the turn ran:

Running turn for: 13, turn nr:3

Notice: Undefined index: 3 in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/attack.php on line 54

Notice: Undefined index: 6 in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/attack.php on line 54

Notice: Undefined index: 8 in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/attack.php on line 54

Notice: Undefined index: 1 in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/attack.php on line 54

Notice: Undefined index: 5 in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/attack.php on line 54

Notice: Undefined variable: missed in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/Game_Engine.php on line 775

Notice: Undefined variable: missed in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/Game_Engine.php on line 775
Email is amgor@adelphia.netEmail is kevinvanderklis@hotmail.comEmail is support@mwgames.comEmail is fredrik_kristensson@bredband.netEmail is rubenvanderklis@gmail.comEmail is wilfred@berkhof.demon.nlEmail is runegri@start.noEmail is wokduke@yahoo.com
Notice: Undefined index: PlayerNR in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 207

Notice: Undefined index: PlayerID in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 207

Notice: Undefined index: PlayerName in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 208

Notice: Undefined index: Status in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 208

Notice: Undefined index: Score in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 208

Notice: Undefined index: Eff in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 208

Notice: Undefined index: RipBy in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 209

Notice: Undefined index: HomeProvince in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 209

Notice: Undefined index: ClanID in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 209

Notice: Undefined index: Status in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 213

Notice: Undefined index: PlayerNR in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 215

Notice: Undefined index: Status in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 224

Notice: Undefined index: PlayerID in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 226
Could not execute query.
Query: UPDATE nuke_wok_player_stats SET WoK4TurnsSurvived = (WoK4TurnsSurvived+1) WHERE user_id=
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
They can happen to you,

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:00 pm

Yes, the manager works smoothly now :lol:

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:50 pm

What have you done to my manager?!

I'll check about the commentary, a lot of those notices *could* be because it was a re-run. Did the turn seem to run properly?

Chris.