Pre-signup for MOJAVE (beta#5)

News, discussions and gossip around WOK SPECIES.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:22 pm

I eliminated almost 100 specimen of Malik in a little over 3 turns. Even if it were to take me 8 turns to do it, that's 2 hours. Not very much time at all. 8 turns out of 3024 is nothing. I think it would be more reasonable for it to take about 50 turns per 100 specimen. It would make killing a person an undertaking, not just a few turns of playing with the other player.

I also think it's important to look at how little player-player interaction there is in the game. This is also probably due to the large map size compared to the players. Until a person reaches omnivore, it is beneficial to avoid people, then you can only interact for 8 turns? Seems pretty poopy to me.

I'm not sure how the Clan team game is going to work but I really like the fact that player interaction is going to be increased.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

GoatHerder
Recruit
Recruit

Post by GoatHerder » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:40 pm

I'll join the queue for changing some of the game design on two important areas.
Donut wrote: ..... I think it would be more reasonable for it to take about 50 turns per 100 specimen(species?). It would make killing a person an undertaking, not just a few turns of playing with the other player.
I agree wholeheartedly with this comment. Although we discussed this at length a long time ago, I still believe that it should take more than a few turns to kill somebody. It should take a day or two of intense fighting, and it should be 2-sided, not one-sided as now. I had an idea a long time ago that if kills were less (say 10% of current kills a turn), but you gain 10x the current saturation, it would help people to survive longer, and have the dual benefit of increasing player interaction. I fully expect Al to give me a blast for suggesting this again, but I think it is important enough. I you don't like the suggestion then that's OK --- as long as something is done about it the quick death problem.

2. Death from inactivity.
I don't care if it's hibernation or we change the formula to reduce the deaths from starvation or whtehr we do something else, but I think we deparately need *something* so that players don't simply die if they don't log on for a day or 2. People have real life to attend to, and that includes being away from the computer for a while sometimes. A game should never be that demanding that their position will die after only 1 day away. I don't think many players will tolerate the game once it goes into production if that sort of thing happens to them. As I said, I don't much care what the fix is, but I think we need to do something if we care about the game. Any ideas? (other than hibernation)

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:54 am

Further proving Great minds join the Brotherhood. :lol: :lol:

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:43 pm

Ive moved the answer to this into the WOK SP WISHLIST thread. Try using the appropriate threads plz.

Hamster
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Hamster » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:14 pm

MOJAVE just endd an hour ago. Seems I had the most fun again.

Just for the record:

Code: Select all

Species Score 
1 #26 Hamster´s Black Rat  2589 
Restarts are allowed until turn #1008 
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary numbers and those who don't.