Square of 144

Promises, threats & propaganda

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Dameon

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Square of 144

Post by Lowebb » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:11 pm

Now with 6 members... Coolant has returned to Kaomaris to the only clan worth joining.

Does anyone else hold a candle to us? We have already been turned down for a clan war, in our short time together and I, along with my crew are wondering is there anyone good enough to take us on?

Doubtful......

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:22 pm

The scars remind us that the past is real.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:29 pm

WELCOME BACK WAYNE! :D

My favourite Kaomarian returns! I think i'll have to review my opinion on the Square of 144. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

ThinKing

Re: Square of 144

Post by ThinKing » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:37 pm

Lowebb wrote:We have already been turned down for a clan war, in our short time together and I, along with my crew are wondering is there anyone good enough to take us on?

The First Family do not think you would be a worthy challenge. :twisted:

(but well done on grabbing Coolant!!)

Coolant
Recruit
Recruit

Hey y'all...

Post by Coolant » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:08 pm

Wow, high praise Saladin :)... Hopefully, I can live up to your expectations!

I've already joined Validon's Group #2, lets fill that group up quickly so I can determine how rusty I am :)

Coolant
Coolant "The Cold"

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:24 pm

Welcome back, Coolant ... good to see you again. :)

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Re: Square of 144

Post by Undertaker » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:58 pm

Lowebb wrote:
Does anyone else hold a candle to us?

Only if it's scented. Why? To cover the smell, of course. :flamer:

Welcome back, Coolant the Cold.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:25 pm

Wow, welcome back Coolant! It's a shame you joined such a loser clan, but hey, nobody's perfect. And yes, Ben, we did turn down your challenge for a clan war, because VO is all about helping beginners come into Kaomaris and stick. (Although the VPs lately from Han and Val have been very nice bonuses!) You challenged us right after Val and Han left. We have one beginner, and Raven is currently out of circulation, meaning five players from 144 challenged three VO warriors. Pretty bold move, there.

The Square (and most clans) are only out for their own glory, they aren't really adding any new players to Kaomaris. The only other clan that does as good a job as AS/VO of getting new blood into Kaomaris is the Scholars. BoV does a decent job, too, I suppose. The rest of y'all are just self-serving. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:58 pm

Dameon wrote:The only other clan that does as good a job as AS/VO of getting new blood into Kaomaris is the Scholars.
New blood like my housemates? 8)

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:41 am

Gone wrote:New blood like my housemates? 8)
And your housemates friends. I still claim 'Morph as my sign up!

Anyway, I played WoK before I lived with you...

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:52 am

*Calidus approaches the siloutted figure pearched upon the cliffs overlooking the World of Kaomaris. The wind makes more noise than Calidus as he slips his Axe from it holster.

"You STILL sound like a heard of elephants, Calidus" a voice from the edge of the cliff sounds. "Join me?"

A broad grin breaks across Calidus' face, as he immediately recognizes a long lost friend's voice

"Alas, you know I will not near the edge of that cliff... I had heard rumors of your return, old Friend. It's truely good to see you back. And we shall get to meet straight away in the coming days. Happy Hunting."

Calidus turns and slips away, leaving the Emperor from the North, Coolant the Cold, in silence.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:12 pm

The wind makes more noise than Calidus as he slips his Axe from it holster.

"You STILL sound like a heard of elephants, Calidus" a voice from the edge of the cliff sounds. "Join me?"

Lord Hannibal paces up and down, impatient for news. The Royal Spymaster, Guesswok, slits yet another rent in the back of the Royal Tent and enters.

"GW! I've told you before....use the front entrance like everybody else! The back of the Royal Tent looks like it's been through a shredder!"

"Apologies, Sire, habit and training, training and...."

"Habit, yes, I know. Well, now you're here, what news on the clever assassination attempt? I assume that this Coolant is dead?" Lord Hannibal grins slyly.

"Well, Sire, we arranged everything perfectly, no problem. We lured this returning Hero, Lord Coolant to the very edge of a particularly flaky cliff....."

"Yes?"

"And we paid this assassin, Calidus, a small fortune to take him out......"

"Yes, yes?"

"Calidus is a highly trained military operative, so we chose the right person....."

"Hmmm, why do I get the sense that..........."

"AND, we gave him a bright, shiny new AXE......"

"Yeeeeees.....?

"We got the Royal Mage to conjure up a howling wind to mask the sound of his creeping up....."

"Yes, AND!?"

"And as back-up, we even gave him a small troup of trained elephants for use as tramplers, just in case the cliff-push or the axe failed......."

"I'm not going to be happy, GW, am I?"

"Well, Sire, and we really couldn't have anticipated this.........it turns out Calidus has this fear of heights, and wouldn't get close enough to push or use the axe. And the noise of the elephants unexpectedly gave his stealthy approach away. And then they turned out to be mates anyway........from way back, apparently."

"Hmm, so now we've got both of them against us!? Hell's Bells, why do I bother with these covert ops? OK, at least ask for our elephants back! An important part of my image, you know......why are you looking so sheepish? Oh, no. Don't tell me. They stampeded over that cliff??!"

Hanniburble.

(Oh, welcome back, Coolant!)
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:04 pm

Dameon was in his strategy room, poring over a map of a large watery region, when the chief of his guards, Stalwart, strode into the room.

"My lord!"

"Yes?" Dameon replied without looking up, clearly still distracted by his map.

"My lord, it seems as if....well, I don't know how to put this, but your prize rose garden has been vandalized!"

"What!?!" Dameon's head snapped up, giving Stalwart his full attention. "How did this happen??"

Stalwart edged back a little bit, wary of his lord's famous temper. "You are not going to believe this, my lord, but apparentely the roses were crushed by, ah, falling elephants."

Dameon gave Stalwart a blank look. "Be serious! If this is an excuse for incompetent work, Stalwart...."

"No, no my lord!" Stalwart hastily ensured him. "The royal gardners said they heard a trumpeting noise, and then some elephants just ran off the cliffs overlooking your gardens! They appeared suicidal! We have searched them and they are bearing the crest of Lord Hannibal."

"Lord Hannibal!" Dameon exclaimed. "He sacrificed his elephants to destory my garden, did he? Well, two can play at this game! That elephant-loving floozy will rue the day he crossed me!"
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:53 pm

As everyone here already knows what a arse-bandit you are Dameon, you're opinion of the Square of 144 is of little interest to us. But I put it to you (and the rest of kaomaris whom may agree with Dameon; as usual flawed argument)

Hands up who think Massielita, Underdog, Lardmaster and Coolant are losers!!! Anyone......come on someone must think they are losers....no, just Dameon then.

Swivel you geeky git...

Oh and for those who agree with Dameon that he isnt after the glory in kaomaris, I point them to the 'handbags a dawn' catfight Dameon has went through to ensure VO got AS Vp's.

So with all this information it is pretty easy to conclude Dameon is indeed all of the below

1. Arse-Bandit
2. Geeky Git
3. Outrageous liar

And my personal favourite

4. 100% knob jockey, ride him cowboy!!!!!!!

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:56 pm

Well, I would be offended, but I think the majority of your post was lost in translation there, Ben. Anyway, I only argued for the AS VPs because they belonged to VO, very simple. Also, how many beginners are you helping into Kaomaris Ben? What's that, zero? I figured as much; who would want to learn from a veteran loser like you? Actually, my guess is you are just bitter because you got your ass handed to you by VO in Gaz's game- shocker. That's OK Ben, keep practicing, and you might be good enough to actually provide me with a challenge- someday.

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:42 am

ROFLMAO @ Hannibal. Awesome stuff lad. :worship:

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:58 am

I have no problem taking in beginners Dameon and as my clan is about 1 month old I think I am entitled to a little time to get in the beginners, how many do you have Dameon, whats that...none?

Yep got my ass kicked in Gaz group, was crying for weeks, no..... thats right havnt sent in orders in 2 weeks. You see Dameon everyone in Kaomaris knows that I am not the greatest ever player, as neither are you..... Difference being, you care. :D

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:18 pm

"No, no my lord!" Stalwart hastily ensured him. "The royal gardners said they heard a trumpeting noise, and then some elephants just ran off the cliffs overlooking your gardens! They appeared suicidal! We have searched them and they are bearing the crest of Lord Hannibal."

Lord Hannibal eyes the latest visitor to the Royal Tent, trying to remember his name.

"Greetings, Red Baboon. What news?"

"Er, that's 'BARON', sire, 'Red BARON'...."

"Sorry?"

"I've styled myself 'Red Baron', Sire, not, er, 'Red Baboon'."

"Whatever. What news?"

"Sire, I've come to report that the first mission of the new Royal Flying Elephant Corps has been a great success!! They successfully bombed and completely flattened an area of vital geo-strategic-horticultural importance to Lord Dameon!! Now all we have to do is work a bit on their flying range.....because, to be candid, at the moment, it's just a little bit close to the, er, vertical for maximum strategic flexibility. But we're working on it! Guesswok has already invented a brilliant innovation that more than doubles their flying range. He calls it a "springboard". We've just got to get the elephants more used to it. The teething problem at the moment is that each elephant only actually gets to practice on it once. But we're thinking of moving it back from the edge of the cliff for future training sessions......"

"Hmmm," mused Hannibal. "I think I got the name right the first time......".
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:22 pm

Lowebb wrote: Hands up who think Massielita, Underdog, Lardmaster and Coolant are losers!!! Anyone......
While VO does not have the strength to take on these old farts who just escaped from the old folks home, if any other clan in Kaomaris is considering it and is looking for a mercenary to hire, send a messenger to my camp and find a willing axe.

Bjorn Toulouse
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:06 pm

Wow. 3 ex-Scholars, from when we used to WIN the clan champs.

Its the taking part that counts though, right Scholars? ;)

Your teacher,
TK