Square of 144

Promises, threats & propaganda

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Dameon

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:25 am

Bjorn wrote:
While VO does not have the strength to take on these old farts who just escaped from the old folks home, if any other clan in Kaomaris is considering it and is looking for a mercenary to hire, send a messenger to my camp and find a willing axe.

Bjorn Toulouse
Look who is talking about an OLD folks home :shock:

I always thought that once you hit 50 you slowed down :twisted:
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:25 am

Much like a fine wine, he only gets better with age.

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:38 pm

Figured I could at least leave with a parting shot ... ;)
The 'Gone' formerly known as 'TK' wrote:Wow. 3 ex-Scholars, from when we used to WIN the clan champs. Its the taking part that counts though, right Scholars? ;)

Your teacher,
TK
First, if I remember right (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if my oft-faulty memory is once again faulty) ... when those 3 respected warriors each kept a room in the Library, the "Clan Champs" title was given out based only on record during the scoring period -- no end-of-season clanwar game was needed.

Second, the last time the Scholars won the clanwar game to get the title, would've been way back ... oh wait -- it was just last scoring period, when we beat CoN (in their twilight). And besides you of course, TK, that team was made up of existing Scholars -- Skarn, Eg, korexus and me.

Third, I can't speak for any of the other Scholars (although I'd guess that one or two of them may agree with me), but the "taking part" *is* what this game is all about. While I always play to win, winning isn't the end-all for me ... this was all about enjoyment and entertainment for me ... unfortunately, that's what's seems to have faded for me from a particular point in during the Champs game.

As I was trying to get across to you in our e-mail exchanges (before you quit replying) ... for one who fancies himself a teacher, you sure have a lot to learn.

;)

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:00 pm

Sorry TK,

but Bryk is right!

:!:

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:26 pm

Totally agree Bryk, further up this post Dameon mentioned a couple of times how big a loser I am cause I dont have a zillions Vps, so what, I love playing kaomaris and interacting with everyone

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:13 pm

Ben, I don't think you are a loser because you can't win VPs. I just think you are a loser because of your personality and all the things you say. The fact that you have no VPs simply means that you are not very good at strategy games, that's all. No harm in that, in fact, I prefer to have players like you in a game because I know that's one less player that actually has a shot at winning VPs. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:34 pm

Thats exactly what I was talking about Bryk, no wonder you have no friends Daeon, that pretty much makes you the loser :wink:

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:50 pm

Strange how I keep managing to get people to work with me in most games I am in when I have no friends, wouldn't you say Ben? Of course, diplomacy does require one be coherent and comprehensible- two things that are definetely not your strong points.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:47 pm

I new something was fishy here between Korexus and TK:
Anyway, I played WoK before I lived with you...

TK...high on life as usual:
Your teacher,
TK
-Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:11 am

Dameon I have worked with you in many games, I think its pretty obvious I'm no friend of yours so your implication is BS.

I remember 2 incidents in the past. One where you begged me not to attack you in GM John 3 with map australia because it would ruin your chances of winning and you did the same to bicco as well when he was in my clan, dont know about any of your other NAP's but when times get tough...Dameon begs

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:53 am

Woooot ? Youre not trying to start a flamer without me involved, do you guys ?

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:41 am

step up to the microphone Al you are MORE THAN welcome!!!!! :lol:

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Ben, if I was at the point I was contacting you, yeah I was probably desparate. Usually you are at the bottom of the list, as I tend to contact players who have skill more often than those who do not. Anyway, you just go ahead and keep whining, maybe it'll help you forgot how bad you are at WOK 5.

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:56 pm

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid::stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:
coherent and comprehensible, two things which are not my strong point. I agree I type too fast, whats your excuse Dameon "maybe it'll help you forgot how bad you are at WOK 5"

However 1 thing I wont agree with is whining, I've more or less agreed with you everytime you remind me how bad a player I am, not that I would start pointing elbows at you, does the community really need reminded of the countless whining you do, I think not

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:26 pm

Ben, go to school. Learn how to spell and use correct grammar. Then, once you do, people will be able to understand your gibberish. Sheesh. :roll:

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:21 am

Dameon wrote:Ben, go to school. Learn how to spell and use correct grammar. Then, once you do, people will be able to understand your gibberish. Sheesh. :roll:
:stupid:
This from the man who spells desperate, desparate.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Coolant
Recruit
Recruit

His official return...

Post by Coolant » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:03 am

And so he returns...

It has been ages since he last set foot this far south, away from the snowy mountains of the North. His self imposed exile was a necessary one, years of war and battles had cost his people much suffering and they needed time to regroup. His economic and military infrastructure were in shambles after his last great battle on these southern plains...

The veteran warrior gazed far and wide and he remembered... Yes, it was here... The Great Battle of the Three Hills... He remembered.

*The sound of battle could be heard all over the place. Men and horses screaming in pain and agony as blood stained the fields*

"Sir, Calidus has reinforced his forward positions with Barbarian mercenaries. Nearly 8 companies are marching on Saladin. Nemesis' cavalry are trying to flank us." The breathless messenger reported as he tried to stop the blood gushing out of his shoulder.

Coolant "The Cold," Emperor of the North looked westwards, towards the lines of his clanmate Saladin. Could Saldin's tired, but experienced troops hold?

More enemies were on the horizon, he knew... His treaties with Undertaker and Allister Fiend were over and his spies told him the First Family were on the move. They had overrun lands belonging to the Balance of Time, which he hoped would have acted as a buffer, giving Saladin and himself time to finish off the Circle of Nine.

"Bring the 9th and 21st Divisions up, I want 4 companies of Shieldbearers to reinforce our center wing. Use the Rankbreakers and our Irregulars to hit Nemesis' right. We must force him to commit his last reserves. Tell our archers to continue the pressure on Calidus' phalanx and use our own pikemen to box in their cavalry. Keep the 3rd Division on reserve, but tell them to be ready at a moment's notice" Coolant calmly ordered, as he fingered his Great Sword, Coffee... His tone and demeanor hiding the dread that was growing within him. When would the First Family arrive?

*Suddenly, loud thumping noises could be heard and before Coolant's very eyes, Nemesis' lines opened wide... And out came Heavy Calavry bearing the Banner of Undertaker!*

*His own pikemen were horribly out of position, moving to engage Nemesis' cavalry, which seemed tiny compared to this group*

*Knights armed with lances came thundering down on his swordsmen, their range far exceeding that of the northern soldiers*

*Without even pausing for breath, the knights broke through the line continuing their charge cutting down all in their path... His two divisions which were on their way to attack Nemesis were caught in the path of these knights. They had no support and most died where they stood.*

"Messenger! Tell Saladin I will buy him as much time as I can... My pikemen should annihlate Nemesis' cavalry and I should be able to divide his infantry. My archers have weakened Calidus significantly, Saladin should attack immediately and destroy the Circle of Nine, then turn to engage the First Family. I will do my best to hurt them..." As the messenger rode off to carry his last order of the battle, Coolant turned and looked behind him at his elite forces, his household unit.

"Praetorian Guards, to ME!" Coolant bellowed as his horse surged forward carrying him directly into the path of Undertaker's knights... Thousands of fierce Northern Berserkers plunged right in after their Emperor... The thundering crash as they met Undertaker's knights shook the very earth...

That was the last anyone saw of Coolant "The Cold"...

That was nearly 20 years ago... Though he survived the battle, his forces were decimated. Three quarters of his famed Praetorian Guards perished in that battle. Of the 15 Divisions he brought to the battle, twelve were lost with no survivors.

After the battle, Coolant also learned that the First Family, supported by Ar-Sereg knights had taken 5 cities, all major industrial centers belonging to the Northern Empire...

His forces in tatters, the Cold One had no choice... He retreated back to his homeland in the North, the source of his power. For 20 years, he had rebuilt his military and the economy. Now, the time was right for his return.

Already 4 neutral cities had surrendered and sworn alleigance to the Northern Empire, a name the locals had not heard for many years... Now the rumours were everywhere... The Northern Hordes were back!

"Sir, Lord Xwing's encampment is right ahead... We have been told the rest of his clanmates belonging to the Square of 144 are there with him. They are expecting us." The Captain told his Emperor proudly.

"Very well." Coolant nudged his horse and with a wave of the arm, the Great Northern Hordes were on the move...

Tens, maybe hundreds of thousands followed behind him, the banners of the North like trees in a forest. His proud Praetorian Guard surrounded him, in their bright red armour.

The Cold One has returned...
Coolant "The Cold"

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:23 am

Underdog wrote:
Dameon wrote:Ben, go to school. Learn how to spell and use correct grammar. Then, once you do, people will be able to understand your gibberish. Sheesh. :roll:
:stupid:
This from the man who spells desperate, desparate.
UD, I think Kaomaris already knows that Dameon seems to send out the same 2 comments everytime he gets in a flamer with me

X-Wing - Bad Player
X-Wing - Cant spell

I dont really mind because we all make typos even Dameon and I'm not willing to go through a spell check for a post on a board, I'm not that big a geek :arrow: Dameon

As far as I can see Kaomarians understand me perfectly....well everyone except you Dameon, can I recommend an english teacher to you? :book:

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:53 pm

If I am predictable, it's only because you are as well Ben. It's always

Dameon = no friends

whenever you are bashing me. At least when I bash you, I am right. Your bashing me is just a byproduct of your envy towards me. Oh well.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:24 pm

You illiterates !