WSC - 3 new votes passed

Promises, threats & propaganda

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Dameon

gm_al
Creator
Creator

WSC - 3 new votes passed

Post by gm_al » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:12 pm

Quick thread to tell you that votes #17, #18 and #19b have all passed through the WSC.

Basically #17 was to install the new rating system as described on Bjorns page - whoever will take care of the Gatekeeper work shall please look into getting the data from the 2004 games asap.

#18 was to define when a Player goes M-3 (at the start or end of his third missed Turn). Its now set by default to the END of the Turn, but this can be modified in the GMs houserules if needed.

#19b was called to force Clans to get WSC approval if they wish to claim VPs from Clans they say are related to them. Every case will be judged individually by the WSC. The vote was declared as to be retroactive to the VO and SoO claimings, but (who would have guessed it) Nick is still proclaming that AS-VO is not concerned by it. Im not commenting any further on this - all I was seeking was to re-activate the WSC and that seems to be fulfilled.

Other votes may follow shortly, also the WSC wil see some reorganisation.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:42 pm

What kind of re-organisation do you have in mind Al? :)
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:51 pm

We're just updating the membership rolls to remove reps from clans that are no longer active and get new ones in for newer clans. All of this reorganization should be done shortly as soon as I get the name for a couple of reps, and at that time the WSC page will be updated to reflect these new votes as well as the new membership. Oh, and the GMC is picking up a couple of new members as well to replace TK and long-gone Roland.....info on who will be coming soon once their appointments are official! (Although Sal already knows, of course :lol: )
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:07 pm

Believe SoO got a 4th member waiting for comfirmation then will let "head-the-ball" know who are rep will be.

Oh and how many members would it take to ask the council to decide whether Dameon gets to keep them VPs?

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:38 pm

The WSC has already given some tacit approval to vote 19b's issues, because the vote would be automatic when the rule was passed. As chair I sent out a mail which said something along the lines of:

"I assume nobody will object to BoT or AS reactivating and claiming our VPs. I also assume that nobody will defend Ben trying to take CoN's VPs. If either of these assumptions is wrong, then please let me know."

That was yesterday and nobody has said anything yet, but I doubt they will. Assuming nobody tries to deny AS permission to retroactively reactivate, then it's simply a matter of claiming the VPs for AS and then changing our clan name to Valn Ohtar, which is what we did in the first place. If anybody DOES object to AS (and thus, BoT, whose circumstances were the same) reactivating, please let your clan rep know. Ben, if you object to AS and BoT reactivating, mail me and let me know why, I will pass your words along to the WSC until Square gets an official rep.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:19 pm

Dameon wrote:....then it's simply a matter of claiming the VPs for AS and then changing our clan name to Valn Ohtar, which is what we did in the first place....

It needs to be said that this isnt actually what happened.

But, I'm sure the WSC people know this and will vote accordingly...

(so the BoT case is different, too)

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:04 am

As I am sure you would know Roland, being so active in our discussions. Whatever, everybody is entitled to their opinion. If you folks continue to ignore the proof in terms of the story that has been attached to the webpage from day one which makes it very clear that AS morphed into VO, there's nothing I can really do about it at this point other than reiterate the facts.

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:29 am

Ben is not permitted to absorb the VPs earned from CoN. They are the sole posession of CoN. Should I decide in the future to re-active the Circle of Nine, it will be as the Circle of Nine. I see no reason whatsoever for a name change, just because every player targets my clan because I am a pillock.

You know, I am tired of listening to the whole AS/VO CRAP. Keep the VPs. The bottom line is that AS/VO is still only the 5th most successful clan around WOK. Could it be due to the "MeMeME" complex? If VO cannot earn their own way up the ranks of WOK, let them take whatever ancient history they chose. Just shut up about it.

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:00 am

I dont want your fecken VP's Calidus, I just don't want VO taking AS's. If you don't care about it, don't read about it.

I wasnt here when VO founded but am about 99% sure the AS page never went up, and hence Dameon have made a c*ck and bull story about this happened then this happened then this happened so we get to keep the VPs HAHA!!

"Gone" has already said Dameon lied about what exactly happened and I am sure plenty of other ppl will agree with him but yet again it looks like everyone in the WSC loves acting as a doormat for Dameon.

P.S. I though "Gone" was TK and not Roland, (EDITED) oops just read that other thread, whats this about did Roland have a crack at Dameon, and to think I didn't really like BR when he was about

P.P.S. SoO has a fourth member I'll let the storyteller know as soon as we decide who will be our rep

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:23 pm

"Gone" initially was what Roland called himself when he left, I guess TK just stole his thunder there. I didn't think TK actually left though I thought he joined TFF- maybe I'm confused? Whatever.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:03 pm

Dameon wrote:"Gone" initially was what Roland called himself when he left, I guess TK just stole his thunder there. I didn't think TK actually left though I thought he joined TFF- maybe I'm confused? Whatever.
He means "Gone" from the Scholars or whatever they call themselves
:lol:
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......