WSC Vote 19, VO clarification

Promises, threats & propaganda

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Dameon

Dameon

WSC Vote 19, VO clarification

Post by Dameon » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:07 pm

OK I sent this to the WSC, but I also am posting it on the boards. I am quite tired of the witch hunt going on to take away the Kaohalla VPs of VO, so I am posting the following step-by-step process of how AS became VO and retained our VPs.

1) AS went inactive.

2) I reactivated AS after the no clan/GM rule was abolished.

3) I changed the name of AS to VO.

Ergo, I claimed the AS VPs FOR AS, and then changed the name to VO. The only way that those of you who are desperately seeking to take away VOs Clan Kaohalla points can do it is if the WSC passes a rule in which clans cannot change their name without WSC approval. I personally think that is extremely overregulatory and intrusive, but if somebody wants to bring that up for a vote, they are welcome to. I apologize for my actions if they were unclear, but there they are in black and white.

If you don't get it still, BoT went inactive for a while and then came back. They didn't change their name, and got to keep their VPs, no fuss. The ONLY difference between that and AS/VO is that I chose to change AS's name when the clan came back. So, if a rule is going to be passed to take away the VO VPs, then it is going to have to specifically deal with clan naming processes. I still think that Al's vote 19 is a good idea, and frankly, it has no bearing on the AS/VO situation.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:28 pm

Out of interest D, if you wanted VO to be the same clan as Ar-Sereg and you wanted to be caln head and you wanted to keep you VPs why even bother with the name change in the 1st place :?: If you'd just said AS is back then lots of people would have saved lots of typing.
Question everything.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:55 pm

I changed the name because the charter changed as did the basic organization of the clan. As you all know, I am big on stories and actually trying to build some continuity into the clan system, and I wanted all the things that AS did and all the time it has been around to COUNT for something, unlike what happened to the other four founding clans.

I apologize if I stepped on anybody's toes, and I apologize if you didn't like the way things fell out. I think it is sad that some of you seem to think that changing the name of a clan means that that clan should be forced to give up all of its heritage and past. But bottom line, that is what this is all about- names. All talk of "dead" and "disbanded" clans aside, all I did was change AS's name shortly after reactivating it. I still fully support vote 19 in the WSC, but it is simply not relevent to this specific situation.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:15 am

Well for the people who read Nick's story about the name change you'll understand why it's so logical to have a name change. I found it well thought out and would like to compliment Nick on the fact that he actually tries to give Kaomaris a real (logical) history instead of most other clans who's reasons for changing names or starting a new clan is usually just because they are bored with the old one.

Kudos Nick!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:44 pm

I was going to post something here, but I am just to hung over for another flamer :roll:

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:55 am

Actually my personal theory is that Nick got tired of having his clan called "Arse-Regiment" and so he decided to change the name to see what we could come up with for Valn Ohtar. I'm sure someone can come up with something nice to call them.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:06 am

Well since Daemon has convinced us all that it is indeed the same clan *cough, cough* maybe "Arse-Reg 2"

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:11 am

I thought VO was for "VPs Obtained".... :roll:

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:33 pm

Hey Al I like that one! :lol: