Clan Champs coming and Clan point scoring issue.

Promises, threats & propaganda

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Dameon

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Clan Champs coming and Clan point scoring issue.

Post by Bjorn » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:14 am

We have about 10 more days before this clan championship scoring period ends. The top three clans are the same three they have been for the past two years, but this time something is different. The Circle of Nine is second, but since they no longer exist they can't play. It looks like the Scholars will return to defend their title, but the Brotherhood has more points.

I noticed in the clan rules something we have been doing wrong for the last year and a half. If a player leaves the clan they started a game with and then wins the game, we have been awarding clan points to the clan they were in when they entered the game. According to the clan rules, a player must remain with a clan for the duration of the game for the clan to get VPs. In essence, if you leave a clan before the game ends, no clan points are awarded. [See section III - A]

I thought I would point this out before I invoke the rule starting with the next clan scoring period. Do we want to enforce this rule, or change the rule to match what we have been doing?
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:41 am

Are you sure about that rule, Bjorn? I am under the thinking that the WSC addressed that a LOOONG time ago and that it was decided that your VPs went to the banner in which you had started playing the game.

Am I mistaken about this? Does anyone else remember the vote, or am I just showing the first signs of alzheimers?

-Calidus

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:58 am

Just as I thought, its the alzheimers.

-Calidus

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:35 am

Yeah it must be Cal- I don't remember ever voting on that issue, and it isn't in the WSC voting record. I think if a player is leaving a clan there must be reasons behind it- i.e., I don't know if TK happens to win any game he were in now he'd want the Scholars to get any VPs for it. That is the reasoning behind the rule I believe....as to whether we should enforce it or change it, I feel pretty ambigous on the matter as I can see both sides of the issue.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Re: Clan Champs coming and Clan point scoring issue.

Post by Undertaker » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:04 pm

Bjorn wrote:If a player leaves the clan they started a game with and then wins the game, we have been awarding clan points to the clan they were in when they entered the game. According to the clan rules, a player must remain with a clan for the duration of the game for the clan to get VPs. In essence, if you leave a clan before the game ends, no clan points are awarded. [See section III - A]

I thought I would point this out before I invoke the rule starting with the next clan scoring period. Do we want to enforce this rule, or change the rule to match what we have been doing?
I think we should enforce the rule.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:28 pm

Regardless of the oposition The Brotherhood is ready to fight and to take back the title where it belongs.

:batangel:

About the rule I sure have been way off on that one together with most others it seems. Well if it's there it should be enforced but I could see it being changed too.

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:00 pm

For my 2 penneth. VPs should go to the clan you were with when you started the game. Bit of a bizarre rule imo
Question everything.

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:20 am

Well I remember something about that at one time but I don't remember what exactly it was or what was decided. maybe it was left up to the GM I don't remember.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:30 am

I can't imagine this rule being in place for a long time. As when i left the Scholars they reached the Clan Champs finals on the vps they got from me after i had left the clan...so i doubt this rule was ever used.

To me it's simple. The vps go to the clan you were part of when you joined the game.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."