Promises, threats & propaganda

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Dameon

Crazy_Psycho
Recruit
Recruit

New clan in town.

Post by Crazy_Psycho » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:30 am

Hello all of you.
that's right, a new clan and again I'm the head.
This time we'll not disband like the Hellhounds though :shock:
The clan's name is La Cosa Nostra. We've been around for ages, playing different games. You see, we don't stick to one game. We play multiple games.

the clan site is http://www.lacosanostra.tk

The clan consists of 4 dons(Chopperbrown, Da Sleeper, Kit Kat and me)
which you will all get to know real soon. There are also a number of members you might still remember. 2 former hellhounds will make their return: Sleffie and Dante. Also 2 former BoV members will be in: Mr Piggy and Dr. Ozeric. There will be more of our members joining kaomaris soon, so prepare to see a lot of beginners here :)

you might say: What? Another mob? I say: yes another mob. We don't want to copy the First Family or anything like that. We probably even existed before they were found here. The truth is they were here before us, but who cares. There's plenty of town for 2 mobs.

I'll see you around

Don CP Colombo.
CP

"Jump on my sword while you can, I won't be as gentle"

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:39 pm

Welcome La Cosa Nostra!

I'm glad to see so many new and old faces coming to Kaomaris!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Warped Angel
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Warped Angel » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:46 pm

I dont know about that CP... But judging by your past record you wont be around long anyhow. Undertaker, you still got that cement? :twisted:
When injustice is law, resistance is duty

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:00 pm

I guess that Clan has to prove itself before we can judge it.

I wish you all th best CP - and may your past not forecast a shadow on your future. :roll:

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:52 pm

Now you see me.....Now you don't.

:D :scatter:
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:44 am

:( Ugh.

No offense, but didn't the WSC ever get around to discussing new clan formation? If not, does this mean that any group of newbies can just come in and form their own clan? And now they get a seat on the WSC? Hmmm.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:45 am

I tend to agree with Eg here. While I've seen CP's name around before, and already had the pleasure to have a conversation with him in the chat; all players in this clan are New or returning. To my knowledge I don't even think that Piggy or Ozeric have finished a game, thus not allowing them to leave the Brotherhood.

I don't think that the creation of a new clan is a bad thing, in fact I think that this will create quite a few new recruits as the clan is established in a few other games. But... maybe caution should be taken in giving a new clan a seat in the WSC. I am clueless as to how often the WSC makes a vote, or what have for a daily, weekly, or monthly workload but giving some people that have had little influence in the community/game for the last whenever should be done carefully (I'm gonna step carefully here because I too am fairly new to the game :twister: ).

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Crazy_Psycho
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Crazy_Psycho » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:17 am

so I do my best to get new people interested in kaomaris and all I hear is: "can newbies form a clan?" and "Don't run away like last time"

When I formed the hellhounds, I was around until the hellhounds disbanded.

If this is the thanks I get for getting people interested, thanks a lot...
:(
CP

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:54 am

Just ignore them CP some people just like to complain! :wink:

I'm glad that you are playing again and realyl glad that you brought a group of new players along!

WELCOME ALL!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:09 pm

nobody was yelling, they were just bringing up a topic that shoudl be in another thread. i welcome you CP back into this realm of kaomaris. i also welcome your clan, i was getting bored of RIPing the same people each game ;)
Last edited by SmashFace on Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
God of WOK

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:29 pm

SF...you forgot the work "sick" or "tired" or "sick and tired".

Love,
Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:06 pm

SmashFace wrote:nobody was yelling, they were just bringing up a topic that shoudl be in another thread. i welcome you CP back into this realm of kaomaris. i also welcome your clan, i was getting of RIPing the same people each game ;)
Smashy was right. CP I apologize, I absolutely did not mean that I don't welcome your new clan.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:56 pm

So, Circle of Nine fades away and La Cosa Nostra rises to replace them. It seems that the Karma of Kaomaris dictates that there will be 10 clans.

I suppose I should update the clan pages with the new clan. Since CoN does have some VPs this period I will leave them on the clan page but list them as disbanded in clan Kaohalla.

My first shot at linking to the La Cosa Nostra web page failed. I will try again tonight and ensure it works before adding it to the clan page.

Who maintains the clan intro pages, anyway? At last count there were at least two different pages, one by Casablanca and another by SmashFace. I actually created a third one, but there is no link to it. Is there an official Clan Intro page?
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:54 pm

Heh, if you are going to form a new clan at least come up with a new idea eh? TFF has been around so long that LCN just seems like a pale shadow of their gangsta motif. Oh well. Regarding clan formation, all that is required is four active players. If they are around when we do re-elections to the WSC in June then they do get a seat yes. Realistically though all four players need to be ACTIVE- as in playing in a game. If they are now, and they stick till June, then why not give them a seat? It can always be revoked if a clan vanishes or goes inactive, anyway.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Crazy_Psycho
Recruit
Recruit

clans

Post by Crazy_Psycho » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:15 am

we're not about to change our theme that we've used for ages because there already is a mob-clan...

About the four active members thing. Why is Tuatha still around then?
CP

Crazy_Psycho
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Crazy_Psycho » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:16 am

oh and if you really want to know, We got 9 members so far, and there will be more...
CP

Warped Angel
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Warped Angel » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:16 pm

Dameon, Thats gangster. Not some punk ass gangsta. got it bub?
When injustice is law, resistance is duty

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Re: New clan in town.

Post by Undertaker » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:51 pm

Crazy_Psycho wrote:
you might say: What? Another mob? I say: yes another mob. We don't want to copy the First Family or anything like that. We probably even existed before they were found here. The truth is they were here before us, but who cares. There's plenty of town for 2 mobs.

I'll see you around

Don CP Colombo.

It's great you brought all these players to Kaomaris. Hopefully for their sake, you don't leave them hanging like you did to us when you were in the First Family.

They say imitation is the sinserist form of flattery. But as far as room for another Mob family, I don't now about that, you may have just marked your clan to get whacked by the real First Family of Kaomaris. While you've used that LCN in other games, you could have tried to do something different here in WOK. Bringing back the Hellhounds would have been better.

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:13 am

Hey CP;

What is your current email address? As clan head I have to have a link to it on the clan pages. I could rummage around and find it, but I would rather have you post a current one here.

I believe I have eliminated all references to Al Coholic, but if you find one let me know.

Bjorn
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Carlow
Recruit
Recruit

Re: New clan in town.

Post by Carlow » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:48 pm

Crazy_Psycho wrote: The clan consists of 4 dons(Chopperbrown, Da Sleeper, Kit Kat and me)
which you will all get to know real soon. There are also a number of members you might still remember. 2 former hellhounds will make their return: Sleffie and Dante.
mm Maybe 3 ex HH's? :)