Bot, VO and the clan pages

Promises, threats & propaganda

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Dameon

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Bot, VO and the clan pages

Post by Bjorn » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:05 am

Yarosund has been busy recruiting and now has four members, so BoT is added to the clan league. I was contacted by another beginner and added him to Valn Ohtar, so we are now four. I need to badger Raven to get into a game, but that is another matter.

So, all 10 clans are back in the clan league, although we know there are only 3 or 4 with enough serious active members to win.

In the absence of Dameon, I have created a new clan page for Valn Ohtar and updated to the clan page to show that Bjorn is the acting clan head until he returns.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:43 am

The current 'Clan introductory page' (see link on the 'Welcome' page) is quite outdated - could you maybe quickly re-design one so I can link to it ? After all this can be the first page a new Player might visit....

Good to see almost every Clan back in action. The flow of Beginners has been quite encouraging lately.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:25 am

Al,

How about giving people like Bjorn a little room on the Kaomaris server for the pages that are part of the Kaomaris site? That way, there won't be any irritating pop-ups and we're not reliant on the slow servers of some free webhosting.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:05 am

Sure thing. I still need to find someone that helps me run the server, so Bjorn may just be the right guy. :P

Just mail me....

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:34 am

Is anything happening in the WSC these days? I thought there was going to be some discussion about the clans, and how to keep them intact. I couldn't find the thread which spoke about it.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:45 am

There are currently 3 votes running.... all WSC members should have gotten quite a few mails lately. Make sure to check all your mailboxes if you didnt get anything - otherwise contact GH.

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:27 am

Hello Eg (and Others)

Yes there are 3 votes running. Al has asked if I could do the WSC Chairman work again for a couple of months until Dameon is back or someone else that is actualy on the WSC takes over, so I've taken on these 3 votes. The current issues are:

1. Whether to abolish clan leagues. 3 choices:
- keep the clan league playoffs as we have them at the moment
- playoff between existing clan champ and the highest scoring clan in the next period (ie. clan champ gets to defend their title)
- playoff between top 2 clans (ie. the clan champ doesn't get to defend the title if they don't finish in the top 2).

2. Whether to change the scoring year to 1Jan-31Dec instead of 1Dec-30Nov

3. Whether the GMC should take on the role of checking the validity of clans twice a year (ie. we become more active in disbanding clans that don't have enough active members).

A few WSC members have already voted, but a few more are obviously considering the issues further. If anyone, whether WSC member or not, has an opinion please feel free to put a comment on the messageboard. I'm sure that the voters who are still considering which way to go would be happy to see more informed commentary.

All the best,

Goat herder
Live long and prosper ---- but don't let the Taxation Department know.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:22 pm

I am glad VO is holding together and I can't apologize enough to Bjorn, Strider, and Raven about leaving it so soon after I helped create it. I am enjoying myself at my new job and I am optimistic about having steady computer access again starting in late November, hopefully I will be able to return as a player then and perhaps eventually GM again as well. And bully for BoT- I am glad to see them coming back to life. :cool:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:54 pm

gm_al wrote:The current 'Clan introductory page' (see link on the 'Welcome' page) is quite outdated - could you maybe quickly re-design one so I can link to it ? After all this can be the first page a new Player might visit....
I had some time to kill, so try this. No big deal, just some quick edits on the previous page.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/gmtom/clanintro.htm

Clan heads should send me anything they might want on the introductory page. You know, looking for new members familiar with Sweden's electrical standards, things like that. 8)
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:59 am

:megashock: :dunce: :cry: was i that bad at it... ? :oops: :oops:
God of WOK

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:27 am

Lol, is CoN still one of the newest clans in Kaomaris? :)
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:39 pm

Saladin wrote:Lol, is CoN still one of the newest clans in Kaomaris? :)
You'd think so by the way they play, right? :jester:

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:05 pm

Oh course we are still new. We aren't nearly as old as the Scholars Thuggee or Valn Ohtar. they have been around FOREVER. I do believe that Irish clan is older, BoV and BoT are both older also. Not sure about the First Family but they might be older also.
Then again if we are talking average age of players we might have a shot at that one. I think we would have won when Bjorn was still in CoN.

BTW Bjorn, I notice you took off the Recruiting thing for BoT but it is still there for Valn Ohtar. Any reason for that?
Last edited by Underdog on Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:56 pm

SmashFace wrote::megashock: :dunce: :cry: was i that bad at it... ? :oops: :oops:
In a sense, yes. If you are going to create a page for Kaomaris that people will access, then you have an obligation to keep it current. You don't have to update it every day or even every week, but once a month should not be too much to ask.

I, for one, would much rather have you maintain the page. Just do it.

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:03 am

Underdog wrote:BTW Bjorn, I notice you took off the Recruiting think for BoT but it is still there for Valn Ohtar. Any reason for that?
Nope. No reason. Since I am acting clan head for VO and we are still looking for a few good folks I left it on there. I would do the same for any clan if the clan head asked me to do it. Hey, it's your page. What do you want me to say?

Not all clans are actively seeking new recruits, but most will welcome someone if they come along. If a clan head is actively seeking new recruits and wants me to list them as recruiting, I will do so. They can certainly put in a plug on their clan home page too.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:07 am

Underdog wrote: Not sure about the First Family but they might be older also.
I don't think so :?: , we've only been around for two years.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:05 am

Undertaker,

If your creation date is before September 1, then I do believe the FF would be older than CoN. Although, now that I think about it, I think you did form the First Family just a week or two after CoN came about.....

-Calidus

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:01 am

Bjorn i think it will be confusing for new players if they only see one clan listed as 'recruiting'. They will think that this is the only clan that will allow new players. Maybe we can use another term for a clan that is trying to get 4 active players, though i can't think of one right now. :)

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:56 am

Forming? Being formed/reformed?

trewqh

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:59 am

Understaffed?
Desperate? ;)