Washed out has been, seeking a clan to join.

Promises, threats & propaganda

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Dameon

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:35 pm

You're neither superior nor too bright since you misinterpreted my words! :) All I can call you is 'an egocentric' if you thought I was talking about your clan :)

trewqh

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:05 am

Allister Fiend wrote:
We're already "superior" according to Treq and Donut, now we go for "Ultimate Superiority"
I used to go for "helping newbies acclimate to WOK", but it made it devilishly hard to hold on to members that way. That's OK, VO now has a solid advanced core (thanks to the blackmail I have on Duke and Gaz) so maybe it's time to start recruiting some more n00bs, especially with the advent of WOOKIE. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:12 am

Dameon wrote:WOOKIE
Is that thing still around?

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:56 am

The advance of Wookie is inversely porportional to how much you see Korexus. So, how well is Wookie doin?
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:51 pm

OK now to complete this thread.

I did chat with Fredo shortly and he CLAIMS he has accepted me. Now he just has to get his internet stuff all fixed so he can have better access and update all associated pages and stuff. as for some of these imbellished quotes attributed to me. I deny ever including AF in my original post. Some body must have added that when replying.

Now for those clans that posted somewhere in here for me to contact them:
The original post did say for you to contact me with your offers. I was after all a mercenary and was selling my services to the highest bidder. Sorry Nick, but Fredos offer was just a bit higher than yours. as much as I enjoy playing along side Bjorn I was also interested in maybe helping some newer players to learn the game. BoV allowed me that option. As stated in the opening post, I hope Fredo points out to said players that my advice might be worthless but will be freely offered and should probably be forgotten 5 minutes after communicated. Sometimes I just like to ramble on about things and that would give me more opportunity to do that.

Now Wookie must be getting alot of work since I haven't seen Korexus around here much lately.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:29 pm

Underdog wrote:As for some of these imbellished quotes attributed to me. I deny ever including AF in my original post. Some body must have added that when replying.
:oops:

But even though you didn't include AF, you must have meant it, haven't you?

j/k
trewqh

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:44 pm

Underdog wrote:
Sorry Nick, but Fredos offer was just a bit higher than yours. as much as I enjoy playing along side Bjorn I was also interested in maybe helping some newer players to learn the game.
That's cool. I won't deny ever since the Vulkings split off I have been less concerned with helping new players into the game simply because of time constraints on my part. I certainly can't claim I'm going to start recruiting again anytime soon due to the fact that I am going to be incognito for the summer, as usual. Once I get back in the fall though with my new job I should be able to throw myself into my WOK "duties" again and start a major recruitment push, if there isn't already one ongoing as WOOKIE stabilizes. Of course the other advanced players in VO are more than welcome to start one without me, too. :D
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Wed May 11, 2005 5:24 pm

Dameon wrote:
That's cool. I won't deny ever since the Vulkings split off I have been less concerned with helping new players into the game :D
MadOne/Dameon,

Are you and reality on even nodding acquaintance !!? Have you ever met?! You persist in fooling yourself with this myth of your own devising.

OK, I've held off saying this for a year or two, but the disparity between your ego-centric fiction and reality needs correcting, now that you are STILL, yet again, mouthing off against me quitting VO a year or so ago. I ignored the jibes at the time, just let 'em pass, but you keep referring to it, so it's time the truth were told, since you yourself seem to still maintain the fiction and harbour a grudge -- as you do on all topics and threads, eg when TK thrashed you on a one-on-one in that "grudgematch" game ..... Your capacity for perverting truth into your own convenient fiction seems limitless (ever had any therapy for it?).

1) (Dispute this!) Since you founded the Valn Ohtar Clan in 2003, with a big spiel about supporting newbies, I myself have been the ONLY, yes, the ONLY, newbie to join you and see what that meant in reality. So I'm the only one who knows .....

2) I only selected your clan because somebody said you're committed to newbies, as per your spiel, and I fell for it (foolishly).

3) The truth I discovered was that your clan was absolutely THE MOST INAPPROPRIATE FOR NEWBIES!!! Despite its claims. Awful. You were four clanmembers: Dameon, Bjorn, Strider and Raven. Good WOK 5 players and helpful people. 3 of them were also nice people, and all 4 were welcoming. But all 4 of you had moved on to WOK 5 and NONE OF YOU HAD PLAYED WOK 4 IN AGESl!! (That's fine for you guys, but hardly qualifies you as the best clan for a newbie trying at WOK 4 !!!) So, every reply I got started with "I don't play WOK 4 any more, but here's what I remember ....." And the memories were not very useful! In fact, your own, Dameon, replies tended to confuse WOK 4 rules and WOK 5 rules and tactics .... Understandable, but why on earth would you therefore present your clan as helping newbies who must play WOK 4 first ?? When none of YOU had played WOK 4 for ages and could hardly remember the rules and tactics !!?

4) Dameon, you wrote a WOK 4 Primer for the clan, which you kindly sent me. It was crap. You're not likely to appreciate or acknowledge this, but it was very poor. It was big on grand themes like ....it's all down to EFF ..... and all down to SPIES .... and all down to DIPLOMACY .... but lamentably low on tactics ..... it said zero about sleeping or being active, zero about attacking and moving missiles up, zero about whether to try for one, two or three provs on your first turn, etc. It was redolent of someone remembering the grand priorities from when they used to play WOK 4, lousy for tactics and helping a beginner. I just worked it out for myself. I could have written one twice as good after my first game! Your vaunted primer was very poor.

5) You KEEP speaking as if a newbie section of VO, once again, ungrateful for your help, broke away. Haha. It was just me! Your only newbie, dissatisfied. Validon only joined "us" (ie me) because we had allied well when he was with CoN in our first game. He joined me because I invited him to, then we split. I was your only newbie, the only one in two years to test your claim of being the clan for newbies, and finding the claim empty. (Great goodwill from Bjorn, Strider and Raven, and grandiose megalomania from you, but no actual help since none of you could remember WOK 4, the newbie game!).

6) So, for 4 years you've laid claim to a mission for bringing on newbies ..... Sounds great. But it's pure BS. I was your only newbie, and your manual and help were very poor (written by a WOK 5 player dimly remembering the general priorities in WOK 4 !) Yours is the clan LEAST fitted for bringing in newbies to play WOK 4! Pure fiction. Your clan survives on old friendships, certainly not on helping newbies.

7) Once I'd learned the ropes myself, and brought in Val off of the demise of CoN, I guess I could have stayed in VO, but your inane, self-serving, fictional arguments on the forums meant I was unhappy to be in the same clan as a megalomaniac with nonsense for argument. I left you. NOT a whole faction splitting off. Your only newbie leaving you as you were of no help and an embarrassment.

8) If you have a heallthy clan now, it's old allies, nothing to do with your vaunted, empty claim of being a clan for newbies.

9) Your Battletome for newbies at WOK 4 sucks. And you can't remember WOK 4. Your claim to be THE clan to bring new recruits in is as empty as drained cup in a vacuum! :)

~ Han (Your only newbie recruit)
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Wed May 11, 2005 6:08 pm

Hannibal wrote:...when TK thrashed you on a one-on-one in that "grudgematch" game...

Always glad to be of service Han. :wink:

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed May 11, 2005 7:00 pm

LOL gotta love the pot calling the kettle black. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed May 11, 2005 8:44 pm

Wooooooo... where the crap did that come from?

http://people.msoe.edu/~jorgensj/2004W4HS.htm
#14 - While I am sure Validon did most of the teaching to Meathead... he was a VO n00b :P

As for your onslought of VO; I would definitely think that a n00b joining them would be a good thing. Duke is a very good WOK4 player and always plays lots of games and would probably be very willing to teach. I'm sure you've had your differences with Nick, but why did this come out here?

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu May 12, 2005 5:28 am

Whatever you are drinking Han you need to stop drinking it or at least thin it out with some soda 'cos you are rambling.

I've never understood all these hard feelings everyone has towards Dameon. Seriously, I've really tried but I cant see it. Sure he is set in his ways but he is at least consistent. You know what he thinks about different matters and he is stubborn so if you feel like accusing him for something then you are looking at a thread with 6 pages and tons of facts, long words, etc :)

There is more fuss being made about the slightest little statement from Nick then it were when Doverish said that those Al-quida guys who flew the planes into WTC were brave. (!!!) That statement recived like 5-6 angry replies and that was the end of it. If Nick says that WOK4 is based on luck, suddenly like 3 players leave the community in rage and even more lets him know that to them he is a complete idiot and Bush ever needed a stand-in, he would be perfect for the job.

Now about the newbie issue, I would be happy to welcome newbies into our clan. I dont have the slightest clue about what I am doing on the battlefield but I can at least teach them how to fill out the AOF (and maybe tell a joke or two).

...oh, maybe not if the noobs were anything like you Hannibal. I tend to read the board and my mails before I go to bed and most of your posts are sooooooo long I almost fall asleep halfway through. Try to stay within the 10.000 letter amount every now and then will you? Any newbies checking out the forum of this community might feel that it isnt appealing with huge chunks of spam in between all the fun banter. :roll:

*realises* :shock:

Now you made me post a long post! I need some air.
First one here, last one to leave.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu May 12, 2005 9:24 am

Go Duke! Go Duke! :D

Though you'd better watch out now Duke, before you know it he'll be threatening you that he won't let you in any of the games he gms because you disagreed with him. :roll:

Oh and BTW Hannibabble...Raven was WOK 4 Champ in 2004...can't get a much better wok 4 player than a champ now can you. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Thu May 12, 2005 12:10 pm

Wow! The boards got going again!

OK, I retract about half of what people took out of it. (But if you bother to look at each sentence ......) :)

I agree with Duke. (a surprise to Saladin who thinks I'll be automatically against anyone who takes me to task .... nope, I think about the comments made, not automatically defensive!).

And with Donut, who took it as an attack on VO (it was only an attack on MadOne)! :)

Yep, Duke, you're right; I do ramble on, I know it. And it's my bad habit, I'm not defending it. As Churchill said, "Sorry for the long letter, if I'd had more time I would have shortened it." But I don't have his excuse .... My bad.

Donut understandably wondered where this came from. Hmmm. When I left VO, a year ago (?), I got the nasty email, a self-serving fiction from Dameon that he does everything for new players and then they ungratefully desert him .... ! I was amazed at his self-delusion that he or his BattleTome had helped me and that I should owe some gratitude !?

Not only a self-deluding email ( maybe you got such a one from him when you stood in for him in GM'ing the champs after he was objected to ?), but also spasms on the boards where he talked about being the font of all newbie-recruitment, only to come to regret it as ungrateful newbies then broke away for their own illicit glory in their own new clans .....

I answered his "You traitor" email personally, not on the boards. Then he kept purveying the same fiction of help-then-betrayal on the forums ..... I bit my tongue, but told him that if he repeats this fiction one more time, I'll blow the gaff on how his claim to help the community by being specially good for newbies was just hot air. He was aware of that. He held himself in check on this empty claim .... till now. He claimed it again (dissing The Vulklings), so I followed through on my threat that, if he did it yet again, I'd blow the gaff on just how empty his claim of helping newbies into WOK 4 was .......(he poorly remembers WOK4, and his Battletome is strategic rather than usefully tactical .... ie. for newbies ?).

But I fully retract my perceived "attack" on VO now. When they drew me in, the spiel about "right for newbies" was a fiction, diametrically untrue. But since then, the excellent Duke and AG have joined VO (WHY ??! :) , so VO is NOW just fine for newbies about to play WOK 4 (which clanhead MadOne hates and refuses to play!, but now has good pro-WOK4 players ....).#

So, I'm wrong (how often do you hear that?!) I accept Duke and Donut's comments. VO is prob good for a newbie to join now .... I DO ramble on too long, granted, that's me. (but hey, I'll only annoy about 5 players across the planet, and some newcomers will actually prefer my style!? .....

But ignore any comments from Saladin. He is a twisted individual who gnaws at the fact that a newbie beat him twice, after all his arrogance towards newbies !! OK, no more enemies, please!! My only Nemeses are Raw-Nerve, Sally and MadOne. I don't need any more! But it's only a game and a forum, nobody dies, just fun, right? :)

Hannibal
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu May 12, 2005 12:17 pm

LOL! Ah always a good laugh when Hannibabble writes something and this time it was even 'short' enough to read it all. :P

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu May 12, 2005 12:21 pm

BTW Hannibabble, whatever happened to never playing WOK again?

I thought you had enough after you accussed a well respected player and GM of cheating as a GM in order to make your life misserable. Funny enough you were the only one thinking that, but still you should stick to what you believe...so why come back?

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu May 12, 2005 12:32 pm

Yeah i'm bored...what about a big wok 4 grudge match guys?

It would have two teams:

'The Good Guys'
Saladin
Raw

vs

'The Bad Guys'
TK
Hannibabble

Each team would have four players.

Something like Fredo's Civil War game would be pretty awesome!
BTW have you still got that page up somewhere Fredo?

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu May 12, 2005 2:28 pm

Why do you call him hannibabble?
Hannibal wrote:
Dameon wrote:
That's cool. I won't deny ever since the Vulkings split off I have been less concerned with helping new players into the game :D
MadOne/Dameon,

Are you and reality on even nodding acquaintance !!? Have you ever met?! You persist in fooling yourself with this myth of your own devising.

OK, I've held off saying this for a year or two, but the disparity between your ego-centric fiction and reality needs correcting, now that you are STILL, yet again, mouthing off against me quitting VO a year or so ago. I ignored the jibes at the time, just let 'em pass, but you keep referring to it, so it's time the truth were told, since you yourself seem to still maintain the fiction and harbour a grudge -- as you do on all topics and threads, eg when TK thrashed you on a one-on-one in that "grudgematch" game ..... Your capacity for perverting truth into your own convenient fiction seems limitless (ever had any therapy for it?).

1) (Dispute this!) Since you founded the Valn Ohtar Clan in 2003, with a big spiel about supporting newbies, I myself have been the ONLY, yes, the ONLY, newbie to join you and see what that meant in reality. So I'm the only one who knows .....

2) I only selected your clan because somebody said you're committed to newbies, as per your spiel, and I fell for it (foolishly).

3) The truth I discovered was that your clan was absolutely THE MOST INAPPROPRIATE FOR NEWBIES!!! Despite its claims. Awful. You were four clanmembers: Dameon, Bjorn, Strider and Raven. Good WOK 5 players and helpful people. 3 of them were also nice people, and all 4 were welcoming. But all 4 of you had moved on to WOK 5 and NONE OF YOU HAD PLAYED WOK 4 IN AGESl!! (That's fine for you guys, but hardly qualifies you as the best clan for a newbie trying at WOK 4 !!!) So, every reply I got started with "I don't play WOK 4 any more, but here's what I remember ....." And the memories were not very useful! In fact, your own, Dameon, replies tended to confuse WOK 4 rules and WOK 5 rules and tactics .... Understandable, but why on earth would you therefore present your clan as helping newbies who must play WOK 4 first ?? When none of YOU had played WOK 4 for ages and could hardly remember the rules and tactics !!?

4) Dameon, you wrote a WOK 4 Primer for the clan, which you kindly sent me. It was crap. You're not likely to appreciate or acknowledge this, but it was very poor. It was big on grand themes like ....it's all down to EFF ..... and all down to SPIES .... and all down to DIPLOMACY .... but lamentably low on tactics ..... it said zero about sleeping or being active, zero about attacking and moving missiles up, zero about whether to try for one, two or three provs on your first turn, etc. It was redolent of someone remembering the grand priorities from when they used to play WOK 4, lousy for tactics and helping a beginner. I just worked it out for myself. I could have written one twice as good after my first game! Your vaunted primer was very poor.

5) You KEEP speaking as if a newbie section of VO, once again, ungrateful for your help, broke away. Haha. It was just me! Your only newbie, dissatisfied. Validon only joined "us" (ie me) because we had allied well when he was with CoN in our first game. He joined me because I invited him to, then we split. I was your only newbie, the only one in two years to test your claim of being the clan for newbies, and finding the claim empty. (Great goodwill from Bjorn, Strider and Raven, and grandiose megalomania from you, but no actual help since none of you could remember WOK 4, the newbie game!).

6) So, for 4 years you've laid claim to a mission for bringing on newbies ..... Sounds great. But it's pure BS. I was your only newbie, and your manual and help were very poor (written by a WOK 5 player dimly remembering the general priorities in WOK 4 !) Yours is the clan LEAST fitted for bringing in newbies to play WOK 4! Pure fiction. Your clan survives on old friendships, certainly not on helping newbies.

7) Once I'd learned the ropes myself, and brought in Val off of the demise of CoN, I guess I could have stayed in VO, but your inane, self-serving, fictional arguments on the forums meant I was unhappy to be in the same clan as a megalomaniac with nonsense for argument. I left you. NOT a whole faction splitting off. Your only newbie leaving you as you were of no help and an embarrassment.

8) If you have a heallthy clan now, it's old allies, nothing to do with your vaunted, empty claim of being a clan for newbies.

9) Your Battletome for newbies at WOK 4 sucks. And you can't remember WOK 4. Your claim to be THE clan to bring new recruits in is as empty as drained cup in a vacuum! :)

~ Han (Your only newbie recruit)
Last edited by Raw on Thu May 12, 2005 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu May 12, 2005 2:29 pm

Why do you call him hannibabble?
Hannibal wrote:Wow! The boards got going again!

OK, I retract about half of what people took out of it. (But if you bother to look at each sentence ......) :)

I agree with Duke. (a surprise to Saladin who thinks I'll be automatically against anyone who takes me to task .... nope, I think about the comments made, not automatically defensive!).

And with Donut, who took it as an attack on VO (it was only an attack on MadOne)! :)

Yep, Duke, you're right; I do ramble on, I know it. And it's my bad habit, I'm not defending it. As Churchill said, "Sorry for the long letter, if I'd had more time I would have shortened it." But I don't have his excuse .... My bad.

Donut understandably wondered where this came from. Hmmm. When I left VO, a year ago (?), I got the nasty email, a self-serving fiction from Dameon that he does everything for new players and then they ungratefully desert him .... ! I was amazed at his self-delusion that he or his BattleTome had helped me and that I should owe some gratitude !?

Not only a self-deluding email ( maybe you got such a one from him when you stood in for him in GM'ing the champs after he was objected to ?), but also spasms on the boards where he talked about being the font of all newbie-recruitment, only to come to regret it as ungrateful newbies then broke away for their own illicit glory in their own new clans .....

I answered his "You traitor" email personally, not on the boards. Then he kept purveying the same fiction of help-then-betrayal on the forums ..... I bit my tongue, but told him that if he repeats this fiction one more time, I'll blow the gaff on how his claim to help the community by being specially good for newbies was just hot air. He was aware of that. He held himself in check on this empty claim .... till now. He claimed it again (dissing The Vulklings), so I followed through on my threat that, if he did it yet again, I'd blow the gaff on just how empty his claim of helping newbies into WOK 4 was .......(he poorly remembers WOK4, and his Battletome is strategic rather than usefully tactical .... ie. for newbies ?).

But I fully retract my perceived "attack" on VO now. When they drew me in, the spiel about "right for newbies" was a fiction, diametrically untrue. But since then, the excellent Duke and AG have joined VO (WHY ??! :) , so VO is NOW just fine for newbies about to play WOK 4 (which clanhead MadOne hates and refuses to play!, but now has good pro-WOK4 players ....).#

So, I'm wrong (how often do you hear that?!) I accept Duke and Donut's comments. VO is prob good for a newbie to join now .... I DO ramble on too long, granted, that's me. (but hey, I'll only annoy about 5 players across the planet, and some newcomers will actually prefer my style!? .....

But ignore any comments from Saladin. He is a twisted individual who gnaws at the fact that a newbie beat him twice, after all his arrogance towards newbies !! OK, no more enemies, please!! My only Nemeses are Raw-Nerve, Sally and MadOne. I don't need any more! But it's only a game and a forum, nobody dies, just fun, right? :)

Hannibal

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu May 12, 2005 2:31 pm

Sorry Sal, I want TK on my team. I tried to beat him by breaking a NAP, but couldn't do it....so I don't think I can beat him.

But...that was at wok 5, wok 4 might be a little different story ;).
Saladin wrote:Yeah i'm bored...what about a big wok 4 grudge match guys?

It would have two teams:

'The Good Guys'
Saladin
Raw

vs

'The Bad Guys'
TK
Hannibabble

Each team would have four players.

Something like Fredo's Civil War game would be pretty awesome!
BTW have you still got that page up somewhere Fredo?