GM Josh - Tenaria

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

GM Josh - Tenaria

Post by Donut » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:04 am

I may regret this later, but I'm going to open up a new WOK5 game. Turns will be run twice a week, Probably Thursday and Sunday. Map will be Nick's(I think) Tenaria. I will draw in some bridges before the game starts.

http://people.msoe.edu/~jorgensj/group3.html

Already 1 spot gone, sign up quick :D

GM Josh
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:07 am

Tenaria is one of mine, yes. One thing to note, it only has eight cities on it, just something to keep in mind. I have to think about whether I want to join or not- but in any case, both the link in this thread and the link in the Kaobase are not currently working. :?
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:10 am

That's cause you Jumped all over the thread and the link in Kaobase... Maybe I should post the page first :? Didn't think I would get a response that quick :P

GM Josh

P.S. Theres 9 cities :P

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:39 am

Bah, I was thinking of my Padacio map, not my Tenaria one. Yes, there are nine cities in Tenaria. Too many X-Games, I'm starting to get the names confused! 8) I would like to know where and how many bridges there are going to be before I consider signing up, though. I don't know if you've designed any maps before, but you also have to change the INI file in two places (both neighboring province data and bridge data) for every bridge you add. There's nothing else in the INI itself that would be unusual outside of that I think, so you should be OK as long as you update it (or I can do it for you, if you prefer, once you let me know where you want the bridges) before you start the game.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:35 pm

As long as you use Matt's Map Assistant, it'll be a breeze to make those changes. I have found that some of Nicks maps don't work with the WOK 5 Manager - Map Coloring. I re-did two of his maps X and Y cooridinates. It took about 10 minutes, if that.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:30 pm

I've already changed all of the X-Y coordinates, they do seem to have been all over the place. Matt's thingy is awesome. I'll add the bridges later today, I still don't know where to put them. Also, I had a request to start the game with 9 players (each starting with a city)... If I don't get a huge response for this, then I will start everyone with a city, maybe even play a "No Player w/o a city" game (If noone disagrees).

GM Josh

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:41 pm

Donut wrote:Matt's thingy is awesome.
Never had a pastry tell me that before! ;)

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:55 pm

Thingy......wonder what google would return on that? Might be similar to what's in the banana hammock.

-Raw

:roll:
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:58 pm

Hey look everyone, the Hulkster decided to sign up for this one.

This is sure to be a real "slobber-knocker". brother!

Looks like the GM thinks he is too old to play so his plyer rating is loooowwwww.
We'll see how this plays out.
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:52 pm

Hey I never knew Matt's assistant could actually read new bridges and insert their data into an INI- coolness. And yeah, if you are going to use a map of mine, you are welcome to do the X-Y coordinates. I rarely do them correctly, as I don't use the map assistant and it's a bit of a pain to have to figure those and get them down. This is especially true as I am usually doing creating a new map for a new X-Game with new rules etc, I try to cut down on time by putting in nonsense numbers for the X-Y coordinates.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:57 pm

Ok, bridges are added... Let me know what everyone thinks.

GM Josh

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:02 pm

I personally think that each island should only have one bridge to another one.
Example 52 & 54 go to the same island.

and 15 and 13 go to the same island.
But 7 and 4 each go to seperate islands.

Maybe it should be 53 to 56 and 14 to 19.

Any of the other spots only have one entrance/exit to another island. Kinda makes the other 2 vulnerable to too many attacks in comparison to the other ones.

Know what I mean?

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:58 pm

Ding... Ding!! :popcorn:

GM Josh

TBert
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TBert » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:50 pm

::tries his best to huddle in the corner and look non-threatening::

Remember guys...haven't played WOK5 in over a year...I'm not a threat...
pro libertate eos occubuisse - "they died for liberty"

Clan Head - Valn Ohtar

SGT - US Army

23-year-old father of 3 - really needs a beer

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:56 pm

Get him boys!!!! :twisted:

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:31 pm

I hope most of you are late bloomers... The only orders I have are from Dameon and Korexus...

GM Josh

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:08 am

JR Ewing will have in tonight buster!

Mr. Ewing

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:26 am

I wonder how hard it would be to have a timestamp placed on the AOF orders that are sent to a GM. I just received Korexus's Orders, hours after he said he sent them, and hours after the deadline.

On to my second point to this post. What is the standard for GM's who receive all players orders before the deadline? I assumed that all players (including myself) wanted TR's ASAP... so I usually run turns as soon as all players orders are collected. In this case it may have bit me in the arse. I had run the turn with all players orders accounted for. Korexus sent me revised orders. I just received them about 10 minutes ago so I don't know when they were sent. If they were sent before I ran the turn, what do I do? If they were sent after I ran the turn, what do I do?

I guess I'm more concerned about giving lee-way here, when I didn't give it to Trewqh earlier, twice. :? :?

I hope the experience of the older GM's here will help.

GM Josh

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:01 am

If it was send via the AOF sender Al should be able to see when it was send.

If a turn sheet was send before the deadline i would rerun the turn, but only if it was send via the AOF sender as Al can check when that actually was send.

Turn sheets that were send directly via mail that come in to late, well that's just too bad for the player. :P

It's happened to me several times but that's the risk you take by sending in a turn sheet via mail.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:15 am

I agree with Sal. My case is irrelevant. The first time my orders got lost in cyberspace and the second time I just didn't have the time to send my orders in.

Now, if korexus' revised orders were placed in the database before the deadline, I think you should rerun the turn. Some of the players will not like it but I think it's fair.

trewqh

PS Is there anyone else except Dameon, Sal and myself who sends in orders via e-mail and not the AOF Sender?
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking