GM Mike's Group 04 - Guatemala

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri May 28, 2004 10:25 pm

Dameon wrote: And I do want to say thanks to Mike for doing such a great job running this one, kudos!
No reruns, no serious problems if I remember well. There were two slow periods but all in all we had 15 turns in 60 days, a good average.

A quick and a good game.

GM Mike

PS Still waiting for Mylantis' confirmation. I will announce the verdict once I get it.

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Fri May 28, 2004 10:46 pm

trewqh wrote:I will announce the verdict once I get it.
The FF/VO alliance prevails once again!! :D

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat May 29, 2004 12:28 am

ThinKing wrote: The FF/VO alliance prevails once again!! :D
Sure, this time I allied with TFF. Last time, it was Underdog as a merc. I personally have shared victories with members of a lot of different clans. I'm an equal-opportunity diplomat, after all, and I feel fairly confident the rest of VO's members are as well. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Sat May 29, 2004 1:07 am

Nick - i dont know what you are getting at. I was referring to our dominant position in the clan hiscore. 8)

Sadly I never get the chance to ally with people outside my clan because my clanmates have a habit of sticking around and getting VPs with me. Very annoying!! :lol:

It looks like Calidus has gone AWOL in Gaz's Australia though... shame you arent in that game!

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Sat May 29, 2004 1:48 am

ThinKing wrote: It looks like Calidus has gone AWOL in Gaz's Australia though... shame you arent in that game!
I could pick up his spot, or at least hold it until he returns. Unless he's gonna get squeezed by Sq. of 144. :(
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Sat May 29, 2004 1:53 am

Dameon wrote:
ThinKing wrote: The FF/VO alliance prevails once again!! :D
Sure, this time I allied with TFF. Last time, it was Underdog as a merc.
I think you and I have allied and/or worked together everytime but that last one. So, is this our first shared win ?
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Sat May 29, 2004 2:00 am

ThinKing wrote:Nick - i dont know what you are getting at. I was referring to our dominant position in the clan hiscore. 8)
:pure evil: Hey, what about B.O...who? Or maybe the Schol...not! :flamer:

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sat May 29, 2004 2:10 am

Undertaker wrote:
ThinKing wrote: It looks like Calidus has gone AWOL in Gaz's Australia though... shame you arent in that game!
I could pick up his spot, or at least hold it until he returns. Unless he's gonna get squeezed by Sq. of 144. :(
I wouldn't be opposed... What are the rules on that? ( or are there any?)

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat May 29, 2004 6:04 am

Undertaker wrote:I think you and I have allied and/or worked together everytime but that last one. So, is this our first shared win ?
Well, we have worked together in the past, but never in an alliance. Checking old WOK 5 games (I have kept a record), I believe I have shared VPs with Allister, Nestalawe, Nemesis, Underdog, Massielita, Jadg, Fredo, and Raw. Out of that list the only one I have shared VPs with more than once is Allister- I guess he's special. :roll: This is my first shared win with you, Taker, and it was a pleasure. In all honesty though I don't play favorites as you can see from the list above; I really am an equal-opportunity diplomat. 8)

Oh, and as for you TK, I've seen how you keep alliances. Thanks, but no thanks. I do trust you when it comes to NAPs, but after you chewed up and spit out not one but two different allies in the Skull Island game I realized you are out for the most possible glory for yourself. I am greatly looking forward to the clan champs match this August. I do hope you go with downplaying the luck factor and choose WOK 5 if you remain ahead, but if not, I can dust out my old WOK 4 skills- and maybe Lady Luck will get on my side for once!
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Yarosund
Trooper
Trooper

I was wrong

Post by Yarosund » Sat May 29, 2004 7:40 am

Having now seen the results of the final turn, I now realise some of my claims were actually wrong.
I'm not too big to admit it.
I did state that we could have won. Well No, I don't think we could have. But, we could have delayed defeat.
I was assuming Mylantis had spent all his forces in his turn 14 attack on me, this was wrong as I discovered on turn 15. Infact Mylantis could have maybe taken me out on turn 14 if he had used all the forces he had, or if his EFF had not been so bad.
I also, had not really given any credit to the reserves Dameon and no doubt UT had available.
And the main reason we could never have won was UT main battle force that was just too big and nasty, which could have taken us both out by itself.

I would also like to pay tribute to GM Mike, this was a very well run game with no problems and a good turnaround.

Cheers

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Sat May 29, 2004 12:50 pm

Dameon wrote:Oh, and as for you TK, I've seen how you keep alliances. Thanks, but no thanks.
I wasnt offering. :roll:

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat May 29, 2004 2:24 pm

Aye Mylantis picked up some strength when I sold him all that wood a couple turns before the battles started, that's the easiest way for some quick army strength. Also, since UT didn't really have any borders with you, he was able to concentrate pretty much all his eggs in one basket so his big battle force WAS insanely strong. My forces were spread out all over the border; the knights were the biggest concentration but I had terrain-specific forces for the mountains and forests too.

It was a very well-run game, one of the best I've been in. It's up there with a GM Ben-run games, who, for all his personal faults, is probably the best GM I've had the pleasure to play in games with. I look forward to more Mike-run games in the future! 8)

Mylantis
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Mylantis » Sat May 29, 2004 6:54 pm

Yeah, my Eff was only like 75% on turn 14, I had planned on having it in the 90's but buying the wood from dameon, sucked my gold to pay my troops for a turn. on turn 15, it jumped up to 92%. The last few turns I turned a crap load of pop. into armies just for you Yarosund.... :) I still had 45 armies in #47 waiting for you too. :D thanks everyone for a great game! see you all on the battle field again real soon!!
Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all........The First Family