WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

GM Toby's Group 01 - Nestalia

Post by Funtastick » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:58 pm

Greets all,

If everyone would please take notice at Kaobase, you'll realize Toby's gropu is now 652 hours overdue. Everyone of his turns, except for maybe a few here and there have been around 200 hours overdue before they are run. Now, I'm not sure if that means he still stands a chance of running this game yet, but from my end it's looking pretty bleak considering we've e-mailed him and received nothing.

Pretty much this is just a request that we have a vote on ending the game or decide if we're going to wait longer. If a vote is made, I would, by no surprise, vote Lord Fredo and I as shared victors. Although it would be much more fun to finish out the game, I don't believe that is going to happen.

1. #5 Funtastick 12484
2. #3 Lord Fredo 9944
3. #2 Allister Fiend 9639
4. #1 Massielita 8855
5. #9 Dameon 5417

Dameon/Bjorn is neutral in this game, meaning Allister Fiend and Massielita are allied against Lord Fredo and I. I most certainly have my turn report for members to view when making a decision if it comes to that. I guess that's all I can say.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:10 am

Funty, please email the GMC (myself, Saladin, TK, and GH) about your concerns with this game. My initial instinct is that there is certainly not enough of a score gap to award VPs by that call, but in any case, the GMC needs to try and contact the GM and see if we can get the game resolved by any means possible before considering any alternatives. Thanks!
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:27 am

I wrote him about 5 days ago and this is his reply:

Hey!

Yeah onto it, got to find this dangnabbit bug, then its all gonna roll again...

Hope you had good holiday bits, dangnabbit this going back to work buzz...

Be back soon,

Nestalawe'

So I guess he is still working on it.

As for the rewards VP's deal I won't get into that right now but I can assure you that I am pretty sure I am among the strongest in this game. It should be interesting.

Anyways, I really hope it continues 'cause I wanna see what Fredo has left. :cry:

Allister

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:32 am

Seems odd he wouldn't have responded back to Fredo's e-mail. What "bug" is he working on? If it were causing him to be 650+ hours overdue, don't you think he's ask someone for help? I mean, I guess I'll wait since you've had conformation from him, just getting really annoying because it has been like this the whole game.

As for your your statement about being one of the strongest...well, I should hope so, you're in 3rd place in the scores, but just you remember, I'm first. :twisted:

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:39 am

I have your spycode so there :!:

First don't matter when you go last in OoP, :shock:

AF

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:41 am

prove it :!:

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:52 pm

A careful examination of your turn report for last turn would show that the POP you started the last turn with was different than the POP you ended the previous turn with. Since Al objects to the 'b' word, I will call it the POP problem.

I pointed this out to Toby after the last turn, since I lost over 200 POP due to it. He still does not know what is causing it. Anyone who has tried to uncover a problem like this knows that it is very time consuming and he does not have a lot of time right now. With the demise of Circle of Nine I believe that Toby is taking a break from WOK anyway.

I agree with AF that the scores may not accurately reflect the military situation at this time. I really cannot see awarding VPs under the current circumstances. We just have to hope that Toby figures out the source of his POP problem and can make the time to finish this game.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:11 pm

Funtastick wrote:prove it :!:
It's like this:

Your ass is grass and, well, Massie and I are gonna [glow=green]smoke it[/glow] !
:lol:

AF

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:23 pm

Stay cool. GM Toby mailed me (maybe a bit late) with all the files and I noticed two things:

- he runs V3.30 and not V3.30.2 (I remember I tried to fix something in the latest update)
- yes the POP 'problem' came up. Now AGAIN I was not able to reproduce it when re-running Turns with Tobys data.

It could well be that some values in memory overwrite the correct data, so I suggested (besides the upgrade) to do every Turn and every Group from scratch. Load up the manager, load the data, run the Turn, quit the manager.

Just in case Toby cant put it into motion Ill do it from here. BUT a re-run of the latest Turn might be needed.

If anyone has any clue why these POP values show up and can 100% reproduce it every time PLEASE lmk !!

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:11 pm

I just know that changing the separator from ',' to '.' always helped when I had those problems. But I guess Toby was double-checked if he has that right...., right?

trewqh aka troublesome GM Mike
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:05 pm

I hear from Toby that game is going on now. After a re-run the POP bug did bot appear again.... *weird*

I still havent tracked if it is some regional setting or some INI file problem or maybe some handling by the user that mixes things up. Here some advice for all WOK5 GMs:

- make sure to run the manager from scratch, run the turn and quit before doing another turn with another group.

- make also sure the INI file isnt reporting errors when you load it up.

- also check at least ONE turn report to see if the POP is alright (the others will be fine too then).

Now if something went wrong, send me the turn report (and the .dat and .aof file) and re-run the turn immediately.
I have thought to add some installer to the WOK5 manager, just like we have for WOK StoneWars - this could help with regional settings (hopefully), but really is a hefty download (and software install).

Anyone that can locate the bug and tell me what triggers it is welcome to do so. :roll: