Group #06

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Group #06

Post by Funtastick » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:43 am

I do remember you asking who would run all those games Al...I will run all those games :)

Group 06 is now open, 10 spots are available. Since I'll be running 3 games at once, I'll probably juggle due dates (ie: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) Everything should work out fine and I'll let the players know if it doesn't.

E-mail gm_andy@kaomaris.com to join. Be sure to include your Player Name, Clan affiliation and please your e-mail address (it makes my job a whole ton easier if you just type it in the e-mail (yes I know I already know it since you're sending the e-mail from there, but trust me.))

Good luck all, let's fill these spots!

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:52 pm

Just found an interesting bug. (I can just imagine Al groan as he reads those words! :P)

Don't worry though, this time [glow=red]it's not your fault!!![/glow]

Looking at the map for Andy's 6 "Padacio" game. I noticed that the turn summary had Fredo taking province 5 but that it still appeared as a neutral. I figured it was just a mistake in the write up but checked with Andy who says that Fredo did take 5.

Closer inspection shows that the number "5" in that province appears to have been shaded brown. All I can imagine is that the coordinates for that province in the .ini file happen to be exactly over the character so the map maker only shaded that. Of course I've never used the map maker so this is pure guess work.

Any clues Bryk? Or Nick (I Believe this is your map, did you have the same problem?) I've had a quick chat with Andy but he doesn't know and has a paper to write. :wink:

Anyway, players please note: Lord Fredo has 4 provinces, not 3. He's one third again as powerful as he's pretending to be! Jump on him! :P

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:09 am

Yeah, this is one of my maps. When I do the X/Y coordinates that the map thingy uses, I try and make sure I am not giving coordinates that are on top of numbers, terrain markers, etc. However, it is entirely possible that this one is. Most likely I changed some borders and moved the province number around after already doing the coordinates. I personally don't use the map thingy so I can't say for sure, but your explanation makes sense.

Anyway it's easy enough to fix- I will look into it and send Andy the updated INI. Before I do though has anybody else found any bugs? I do believe this is only the second game to use this map since it's creation so I am sure there are other bugs that may be floating around.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."