WOK 5 Speed Game???

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Dameon

WOK 5 Speed Game???

Post by Dameon » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:03 pm

OK try this one on for size.

I'm looking ahead to the future when I am going to have access to my computer full time again (we get DSL up in the mountains, amazing!) and I was considering what type of game to open first. I am not ready to dedicate the time or such to running an X-Game, but I was debating the possibility of bringing back the speed game to WOK. I don't think I have ever run a WOK 5 speed game, but there is no reason that one couldn't be successful on say, a two day turnaround between turns. I am posting this so I can get a general feel on if anybody would be interested in such a game, or if I should just open a regular WOK 5 game with my typical 4-5 day turnaround.

It's no big deal to me either way, since running a normal WOK 5 game probably takes less time for me than actually playing in one, believe it or not. I just as always want to please all you WOKkers out there, so let me know!!!

Oh and FYI- I'm looking to start such a game probably in early December or thereabouts. I MAY also open a WOK 4 beginner game at that time since the demand seems to be rising about now, we will have to see how the timing works out for me.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:27 pm

I'd be willing to join in your speed game once you get it up and running.

Lately, except for Eg and Raw, moist games are a 5-6 day turn around which seems to drag on for months.

I'd like to see a game that runs every 3 days at the most, preferably 2.

Of course turn 1 should still be a 5-6 day start for diplomacy but after that, let's rumble!!

Oh, and no extensions what-so-ever!

That would make it interesting especially if TK decides to join in on the fun. :pianoman:

Allister

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:47 pm

One response? I'd hate to think only AF is interested in joining my next WOK 5 game, but unless I can get more feedback from the community on how long they would like to see turnarounds, I may not run it at all due to lack of interest! C'mon folks! :roll:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:56 pm

If I have to Nick, I'll play against myself or better yet maybe this is my chance to challenge ThinKing to a one-on-one matchup. :?:

We both start with 5 provinces and 2 sets of troops. :lol:

Order of play toggles back and forth between us each turn.

Winner is the first player to totally RIP the other.

How's that sound?

Allister

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:31 pm

Hello Dameon,

Sorry man I didn't think you needed any reassuarance. :) I've allways enjoyed playing in your games and I would most likely be interested in playing in any new group you might open regardless of the turn around time.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:44 pm

The woods around Nick are on fire and look what he is plotting - a SPEED GAME ?! :roll:

*NICK TO THE RESCUE !*

Wow. :pure evil:

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:59 am

Allister Fiend wrote:...maybe this is my chance to challenge ThinKing to a one-on-one matchup...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many times do I have to beat you Allister? :wink: There are four of you in the Wheel Of Time game and still I am kicking (after also RIPing Trewqh and Bjorn).

Chalk up 3 VPs for Nesty.

TK

The Kraken
Recruit
Recruit

A new challenger

Post by The Kraken » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:21 pm

I'll be glad to join a new WOK 5.

I know i'm a beginner but, i'll do my job!

The Kraken

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:59 pm

Let's clarify something, you've never really beat me until you have RIP'd me, in which you have never ever done that that I know of. :roll:

So there!

Blah! :wink:

Allister

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:06 pm

Go Allister! :mrbanana:
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:56 pm

You darn right! :ukliam2:

Mess with the best, die like the rest!

I typed "D A M N" but it replaced it with dangnabbit

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:55 pm

Such arguments! How about this: everybody who hates TK vs. TK. No, wait, there'd be too many players on the anti-TK team to fit in one game....never mind..... :lol:

Anyway yeah SoCal is burning nicely, in fact, the place I work has basically shut down this week so I have lots of spare time. We aren't in any immediate danger up here, the fires are not that close, but a lot of the kids that come here are in areas affected by the fires. It sucks.....but there's nothing that can be done about it. Oh well- anyway I was mainly looking for feedback on the preferred turn around time from prospective players. I'll probably be opening the list in about two or so weeks so keep your eyes peeled!

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:31 am

I figure those Gray Davis supporters simply could not stand the new Governor elect, so they are conducting a "Scortched Earth" policy. They would rather see California burn than have Arnold as Governor.

I believe dealines every MON, WED, FRI morning are probably best. There are still some Kaomarians that only have net access during the week.

I won't play because there is no way I can make the time for it right now. This requires a fairly serious time commitment in getting turn reports from the GM, negotiating and getting the AOF submitted all in about 48 hours. No way will I have time for that until sometime next year.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:52 am

Don't forget writing those fantastic stories for each turn Bjorn! :D
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:53 pm

Saladin wrote:Don't forget writing those fantastic stories for each turn Bjorn! :D
I try to give it a high priority, but business and personal matters are quite pressing right now. My goal is to try and write each chapter after the turn but before the next deadline. I try not to give too much away, while still making it at least interesting reading for those not playing.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:01 pm

Well you're doing a really great job! I'm always looking forward to the next chapters when i come in at work. :)

Oh and who ever rips Bjorn in this game and stops this great story will go on my black list! :x

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:29 pm

Dameon wrote:Such arguments! How about this: everybody who hates TK vs. TK. No, wait, there'd be too many players on the anti-TK team to fit in one game....never mind..... :lol:

Allister, Dameon, Saladin?

I'd take you all on. :wink:

TK

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:54 pm

Don't sing it! :mrbanana:

:rockband: Bring it!

After tonight turn is run, we will be in much better shape! :cry:

Happy Halloween!!

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:29 pm

Better shape?!?

Better than a 3-on-1!?? Geez. What does it take to destroy one skinny monarch?!? :wink:

TK