Manager Bug/Problem

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Manager Bug/Problem

Post by Ecrivian » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:37 pm

I sent the pop file to the players in my group. Korexus has checked against his TRs and the Pop file, and he says that its reverting to the orginal values (which are small to begin with) and that the pop calculations have been getting goofed up.... as in not giving him normal growth rates and such.

I am running the current version of the manager 3.3, unless there was an update that I missed.... but there are no other settings that I can think of that are off. Has anyone else run into this? GM's please reply to what you think I can/could/should do to fix this for the group. Al, what are your thoughts?

GM Seth
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:35 pm

I had the same problem, Seth. But I never came up with a solution. I had to manually retype the proper data from the TR's.

trewqh
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:46 pm

Hey Seth, Are you still in Appleton? If so, maybe I can drop by sometime and make sure you're running the turns correctly. Although I couldn't look at the info, I could tell you what to do to be sure you're doing everything correctly.

My comments to the game are this. Restart it with the beginning positions of turn 00. After that, you can use the same turn 01 orders and then rerun the game from there. I think the problem you have on your hands is too great for any one, even all of us to fix. That's just my two cents.

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:43 am

Funtastick wrote: My comments to the game are this. Restart it with the beginning positions of turn 00. After that, you can use the same turn 01 orders and then rerun the game from there. I think the problem you have on your hands is too great for any one, even all of us to fix. That's just my two cents.
Are you suggesting that we go back to turn 01? Again? I don't think so. I have no objection to rerunning the previous turn and hoping that the POP problem somehow corrects itself, but I am not starting over. If we can't figure this out in the next week or so I say we drop this game and get on with our lives. Just my 2 pence.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:29 am

This problem doesn't go back to just last turn. Problems have been occuring since turn 01 and must still be fixed. Honestly I have no clue what to do, as you put it, just my two cents?

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:42 am

All I can do is run test-Turns and check what is going wrong.

I already did that, and wasnt able to reproduce the bug. And thats the whole point.

Any GM need to carefully look into it. Create a Test Group, then run a Turn or two with it. If it works, change a few things and try again.

NARROW DOWN THE PROBLEM.

I will try again too, but for now I dont have a clue what goes wrong - and where and why.
And send me Turn data files from BEFORE and AFTER the bug occured.

Any help welcome.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:27 pm

I also don't want to rerun from turn 1. I was probably the most affected by the non growth of neutrals. - At least everyone else wasn't hurt enough to notice... But this last turn something completely new happened (all the provinces resetting) and that's too much IMHO so this turn does need a rerun. (If the same thing doesn't happen we may get an insight into what's wrong...)

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:34 pm

So the number is 4, korexus.

trewqh :roll: *wondering what is going to happen now*
trewqh

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:39 pm

3!

Ha ha! I WIN!

Eat that Trewqh.

TK

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:54 pm

*still wondering what has just happened* :shock:

trewqh
trewqh

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:25 am

dangnabbit you, TK! Just because I have a business to run! (at least for the last couple of days.) If I had been online as often as you I'd have had that 3 straight off!

trewqh, pick another number. Yo'll get the hang of it. :twisted:

korexus.

PS, just noticed that the word censor picks up on dangnabbit. Pretty cool I guess...
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:43 am

So does this mean my idea to just start over from step one or give up on the game completely is going to be thrown out?

If Seth DOES still live around here I am willing to make sure he's running turns right for next game...

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:20 am

Funty,
Get in contact with me. Call my parents house, their names are Don and Diane. Look them up in the fone book. I'll drag you over and show you that i'm not doing anything goofy one of these days, before school starts (for you of course).

Seth
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:21 am

Want me to call right now?

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:53 pm

During the day would be most preferable, around 12-1ish would be the best time, right when i'm waking up okay? Thanks

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:57 pm

OK, 12:00 today