New Game! - Nestaria...

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:51 am

gm_al wrote:There is no POP bug..... doooh.

Rather call it the 'semicolon bug' or the way Windows treats separators differently depending on where in the world you live.
Al, when I had the 'bug' for the first time (not lately when also DEF was affected) I'm quite sure someone had already told me earlier to change the comma into a fullstop. How would decimals affect POP which is integral?

I suppose Seth had a fullstop set as the separator all the time and he still encountered the problem.

trewqh

Nestalawe
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nestalawe » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:38 am

Gah sunuffagrowlagriminyhofnaslahhhh...

I was sure I had made checks every now and then with the POP details and player bits and pieces... I know I did when I re-ran the turns...

I have been running turns on an XP machine lately, rather than a WIN2000, so that would have made changes...

Ok Al, how do I fix this?

I will re-run this turn in the weekend and get new turns out to everyone asap, but will keep the same deadline, as there should not be too many changes... But feel free to complain and ask for extensions anyway :wink:

Sorry about this, I would have thought it would have been picked up much earlier... weird, cos I do check the Player Data section every turn... Hmm...
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion.

Nestalawe
Recruit
Recruit

How to fix this...

Post by Nestalawe » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:00 pm

I have been trying to track down where Al noted how to fix this dangnabbit POP thing, can someone point me in the right direction?
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion.

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Time to go back to sleep?

Post by Bjorn » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:51 am

Nice job, GM Toby. It looks like you figured out the POP problem since the last 2 turn reports are A-OK. Of course the contents of those two turn reports are of little use to Lard Master and Raw.

Having sent raw to the Gatekeeper (we all should know who that is) what am I going to do with the rest of these losers? Two brothers from Vayuna and a couple of somnambulists. One or two of them may make a worthy ally for the end game, but they need to show me something first.

I think I will just sit here and watch them play "Ring-around-Bjorn" for awhile.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:41 am

Too bad that my part of the "Ring" will require removing the purple colored tiles from the map! :shock:

Then the light blue....... :?

Then the orange.......... :cry:

Ha!Ha!Ha!

AF

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:13 pm

Allister Fiend wrote:Too bad that my part of the "Ring" will require removing the purple colored tiles from the map! :shock:
AF
See what happens when you cut classes? AF signs up for a class called "How to win friends and influence people", then skips the first part of the class.

Maybe he has a problem with the letter 'r'? "How to win fiends and influence people?" I wonder how many people would sign up for that one?
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Time to go back to sleep?

Post by Lord Fredo » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:15 pm

[quote="Bjorn"]what am I going to do with the rest of these losers? Two brothers from Vayuna and a couple of somnambulists. One or two of them may make a worthy ally for the end game, but they need to show me something first.[quote]

Oh, I'll show you something all right Bjorn. I'll show you the sharp end of my sword after I'm done putting these guys down south to sleep for good. :ukliam2:

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Time to go back to sleep?

Post by Bjorn » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:18 am

I'll show you the sharp end of my sword after I'm done putting these guys down south to sleep for good. :ukliam2:
Sure. Let me introduce you to my axe. Image

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:48 pm

Nice one Bjorn, but you do know that it's not the size that matters, it is the way you swing it. ;)

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:45 pm

This just in........

~ Order [11][1][4][3333]
#<1> Massielita - The Spycode you entered is too low.
#<2> Allister Fiend - The Spycode you entered is too high.
#<3> Lord Fredo - The Spycode you entered is too low.
#<5> Funtastick - The Spycode you entered is too low.

~ Order [11][2][4][6666]
#<1> Massielita - The Spycode you entered is too low.
#<2> Allister Fiend - The Spycode you entered is too high.
#<3> Lord Fredo - The Spycode you entered is too low.
#<5> Funtastick - The Spycode you entered is too low.

I guess I will run 1666 and (just so AF doesn't feel I'm ignoring him) 8332.

If I'm getting close you better change your code.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:01 pm

1666 is just as close as 1664. :shock:

It doesn't matter, Fredo doesn't stand a chance against what I got in store. :twisted:

I took what was left from the MAZE game and moved them to Nestaria for the winter months.

Get my drift? :lol:

Allister

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:18 pm

Allister Fiend wrote:It doesn't matter, Fredo doesn't stand a chance against what I got in store. :twisted:
Hmm... I guess we will have to see about that ... last time I checked it really didn't matter what was at the recieving end of my 500 GCAs. 8)

Bite, bite, bite!
Fight, fight, fight!
The Itchy and Scratchy show! :P

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:52 pm

Lord Fredo wrote:last time I checked it really didn't matter what was at the recieving end of my 500 GCAs. 8)
Let's see....

500 divided by 2 = 250 :?

250 times 1.3 = 325 :?

So it will take me 325 GCA's to destroy those 500 GCA's you have. :lol:

No Problem... no problem at all. :wink:

Consider them all duds Fredo. :D

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:30 pm

Allister Fiend wrote: No Problem... no problem at all. :wink:

Consider them all duds Fredo. :D
Hmm... do you know something I don't...? You are off course assuming that you go first in the OOP then... :roll:
Oh well, it could happened, but then again not that it matters much. Don't worry about it Allister. You will be taken care of one way or another. :shakin::

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:50 am

Lord Fredo wrote: Hmm... do you know something I don't...? You are off course assuming that you go first in the OOP then... You will be taken care of one way or another. :shakin::
By you and who elses armies?

I may have well over 75+ troops waiting to take you on :lol: You never know...

The question is do you know where your armies are at ? :cry:

Well..?..hah..?..

Do Ya?

I do :D

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:36 am

Allister Fiend wrote:I may have well over 75+ troops waiting to take you on :lol: You never know...
75+? That's it? I sure hope for your sake that there are a lot of +'s after those 75. :lol:
Allister Fiend wrote:The question is do you know where your armies are at ? :cry:
[...]
I do :D
Ya think? :) Oh... you must have thought that those armies in the provinces spied out by Massie were my real armies... :lol: poor Allister ...

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:24 pm

I have a funny feeling that those are some of your best troops. The others are just some el' cheapo's fresh off the press, unable to anything against my 75+ well trained, unstoppable mega-troops.

Ahh, one more turn of peace and then we see who put's their money where their mouth is. :wink:

I can't wait, whatcha say to allowing the attack to begin this turn?

I'm game, are you? :?:

Allister

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:53 am

And a funny feeling it must be indeed. :)

What's that? Allowing attacks on turn 16 when the NAP was supposed to end on turn 17? I don't think so Allister. I'm as much game as anyone but that would be kinda hard since I was moving to be ready one turn 17.

I didn't think you would be so anxious to go after I disposed of Lardmaster in 2 turns. We'll get there soon enough my friend and this way your friend Massie will get another chance finding some more troops so you'll know where not to go. :wink:

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:09 pm

Lord Fredo wrote:And a funny feeling it must be indeed. :)

What's that? Allowing attacks on turn 16 when the NAP was supposed to end on turn 17? I don't think so Allister. I'm as much game as anyone but that would be kinda hard since I was moving to be ready one turn 17.

I didn't think you would be so anxious to go after I disposed of Lardmaster in 2 turns. We'll get there soon enough my friend and this way your friend Massie will get another chance finding some more troops so you'll know where not to go. :wink:

Shucks, I knew that wouldn't work.

I need to decide if I go with the full steam ahead approach or do I hold off and only send 1/2 of my troops which would be somewhere in the neighborhood of .... let's see...75 divide by 2 = uhm//two into seven is three, remainder of one...bring down the 5 makes fifteen... two into fifteen is seven remainde of one... bring down the point zero makes ten... two into ten is five...no remainder so the answer is 37.5 which round up to 38. :popcorn: :rockband: :pianoman:

I will use 38+ troops to attack you and keep the rest home for they won't be needed.
:smokingdevil:

See ya soon!

Allister

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:26 pm

Allister Fiend wrote::popcorn: :rockband: :pianoman:

See ya soon!

Allister
Just make sure to bring that band. I love those guys! :D