New Game! - Nestaria...

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:05 pm

Wow! I haven't posted anything on this topic in quite a while .

Finally, we get the show on the road again.
:D
Sorry Funta, I warned you about getting your orders in.
:cry:
Not sure what happened since I can't read my report yet but it looks like something fierce went down. :?

Now what was it? :twisted:

Allister
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:31 pm

Good thing it's all coming back

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:58 pm

Pretty pathetic Funtastic,
You have like at least 10 days once your computer was back online, you made several post on the boards, you ask everyone to send their reports to you, and then you can't even get your orders to Toby on time for him to run turn 17 in Nestaria.

He runs the turn and then you piss and moan to Toby that he gave you until Monday to get your orders in. That's a bunch of bull.

The truth is he gave you until last Monday to get them in and you missed it.
Your such a lazy person you know that?

And when are you going to finally get your game going again too?

Yes I am mad. I have never had any GM allow me to go that long, not sending in my orders. Besides, the turn was originally due several weeks ago so there is no excuse why you had to wait until the last minute. You had access to the boards which means you also had access to the AOF Sender.

I am asking Toby to re-run the turn again, this time without your orders in.
You don't deserve to be allowed to make all of us other players wait.

Allister

Nestalawe
Recruit
Recruit

GM Update

Post by Nestalawe » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:35 pm

Ok, I have been deliberating all night and all day on which way to go – to keep the re-run or the original run of the turn.

Basically the deal is this, the last email I sent to Funtastick did say I was going to run the turn on Monday, and asked for his orders before then. I got impatient, was being pushed by players for the turn, forgot I had said Monday, and ran the turn Sunday afternoon, without Funtastick’s orders. A wee while later Funtastick came back to me with his orders. As it was close, and he forward an email from Lord Fredo with his intended orders, I decided to re-run the turn.

Now, I have had a player (well more than one) complain about this, so I have had to juggle things and try and try to work out the best way to go.

Basically, there have been far too long delays between turns, partly my fault, partly due to technical issues from players etc.

Tossing up all options, I have decided to keep the ORIGINAL run of the turn.

I did ask for Funtasticks orders many times over and gave him a lot of lee-way to get them in. I have of course apologise to him for telling him I would run the turn on Monday, but then doing it earlier, but I have decided that I gave him enough time to get them in well before this, and though I should have waited longer, this was a last chance to get them in and there were many opportunities to get them in.

I also decided to do this as the re-run affected all the other players in much bigger way than the original run worked against Funtastick.

So, this is the final word.

The ORIGINAL turn reports I sent out should be used, and I will go update the map now accordingly.

My apologies to Funtastick and his ally/ies, but I want to get this game completed and turns run on good turn-arounds from now on in.

The due date as set for this Thursday still stands. Any orders received after 1700 GMT Thursday 26th February will not be used.

Thanks all, lets let the slaughter resume ;)
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion.

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:28 pm

Well isn't that a shame. You can consider me quit then Toby. Sure Funtastick wasn't affected so much by himself missing the turn but I sure was. With Funtastick's orders not being used I am just about done for.
Congratulations Allister and Massielita. It's only too bad that you didn't want to win by actually beating us fair and square but rather resort to technicalities, ie bitching and wining, and thought you were all against that sort of stuff Allister.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:35 pm

Ummm.... I hate to see a flamer between civilised and rather reputable WOK members, and maybe I am totally wrong, but how about doing ANOTHER re-run with a short deadline ? Would even the chances a bit.

Just my 2 euro-cents for what its worth....

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:04 pm

Lord Fredo wrote:It's only too bad that you didn't want to win by actually beating us fair and square but rather resort to technicalities...

Deja vu anyone?

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:31 pm

Toby one question. Did you get Funtastick's orders after he had received the turn report?
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:45 pm

Whatever Fredo, the inevitable was going to happen to you, just look at your turn.

You were better off before the rerun so deal with it.

Allister

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:27 pm

Gone wrote:
Lord Fredo wrote:It's only too bad that you didn't want to win by actually beating us fair and square but rather resort to technicalities...

Deja vu anyone?
Hey, who is this Gone guy :P

I knew you wouldn't resist making this reference. :lol:

trewqh
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:41 pm

Disclaimer: Sorry for any typos, only have one arm to work with here. Got home from a skiing trip Monday night with a fractured wrist, god my life keeps getting better, and now this...

I am in accordance with Fredo 100%. If my orders which were sent in BEFORE THE LAST GIVEN DEADLINE are not used, then I am (1) quitting the game and any further groups of gm toby, (2) never playing in a game with someone who simply bitches when my orders show a double team on him and he gets too scared.

As for your comment Saladin, yes they came in after the turn report arrived, but (1) on my honor I didn't look at it, (2) I sent a copy of my intended plans to Toby along with my orders which can be dated back to far before the turn report arrived. As Toby said, I followed the set orders.

To be honest, I don't feel one person can make this decision alone, therefore, I ask for the GMC to review this problem. I feel that is the only fair thing to do.

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:48 pm

Allister Fiend wrote:You were better off before the rerun so deal with it.
:?: I was better off when my ally whom I count on hadn't moved into position or had other vital orders processed? Hmm ... no, beats me :roll:

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:00 pm

Lord Fredo wrote: I was better off when my ally whom I count on hadn't moved into position or had other vital orders processed? Hmm ... no, beats me :roll:
Doesn't matter.

Now as Funta stated:

He sent his orders in after the turn was run:
He admits it.
Therefor it would be unfair to accept them now since he did have a chance to see the map before sending his orders in.

I interperet is as he saw where I ended up and planned his moves accordingly.

I also know that he wanted to border you Fredo for trading purposes but there would have been no need to come all the way down by me to do that.
Once he saw that I didn't take 37 he easily could use that to position himself for the next turn.

Sorry but it's the truth that matters.

Also, no one else received this e-mail stating that the turn was delayed until Monday.

So as far as we knew it was well past the deadline.

Allister

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:12 pm

wow AF, have you been reading what we've said at all? I forwarded an e-mail to Toby dated Monday, February 2, 2004 10:49 AM specifying our plans. From that date, it is easy to see that our plans were made before any of the turn was run. Also, Toby can vouche that I followed the e-mail exactly. If the only way I can get them to count is by pasting the e-mail here, well so be it, but I'd rather not.

As for the e-mail from Toby stating the turn was now due Monday, no exceptions...he openly admitted to having said so, but just for you AF:

Hey Funty,

Need your orders, have to run the turn, I will run it Monday…

Cheers!

Toby / Nestalawe

Very short and concise, definitly gets the point across...your move.

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:39 pm

"What ever" "Doesn't matter"?

It's kind of funny that you try to be smirk about how much you would kill me and claim that it wouldn't matter if Funtastick's orders were being used or not at the same time that you make a big stink about the fact that they were used.
Really now either you are as allmighty as you pretend to be and then it really wouldn't matter if we threw in a couple of new players into the game or you are simply trying to argue your point just because it would benefit you in this case.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:35 pm

Funtastick wrote:As for your comment Saladin, yes they came in after the turn report arrived, but (1) on my honor I didn't look at it, (2) I sent a copy of my intended plans to Toby along with my orders which can be dated back to far before the turn report arrived. As Toby said, I followed the set orders.
Bottom line is...you have no absolute proof that you didn't look at the turn report. I've had this happen to me twice as well. Once i was even sure i send the turn to Eggie before he ran the game, i declined a rerun then as well as there's not certainty for the other players that i hadn't looked at the turn report in the mean time.

Once the turn is run and you have received your turn report the GM can't simply use any orders you send afterwards and use the same old orders from the other players. Now a rerun with new orders from all the players would be an option, but then it would depend on wether or not some player gain a big advantage from knowing for instance where armies are so they know where to bomb.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:39 pm

Funtastick wrote:wow AF, have you been reading what we've said at all? I forwarded an e-mail to Toby dated Monday, February 2, 2004 10:49 AM specifying our plans. From that date, it is easy to see that our plans were made before any of the turn was run. Also, Toby can vouche that I followed the e-mail exactly. If the only way I can get them to count is by pasting the e-mail here, well so be it, but I'd rather not.
Lol e-mails and e-mail dates/times are so easily faked. I know...it's how i managed to get my papers in on time at uni. :P

So no Funty that doesn't count as proof (although i'm not saying that you would have faked anything...it's just not proof).

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:10 am

Funty, if you had these plans from so-long-before-the-deadline explaining exactly what you were going to do. Couldn't you have, for example, got the orders in earlier?

Speaking of which, will your game be picking up anytime soon? I want to carry on kicking Fredo! :twisted:

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:25 pm

Oh, no, no, no ... you can keep that on hold for a little while longer now can't you ...? :hypernervous:

Seriously though, it would be nice to get that one done and over with actually.