A public appology to Dameon/Nick

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

A public appology to Dameon/Nick

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:11 pm

I, Allister Fiend, need to admit to a bad decision that has occured in Taker's Dreadmourge game.

As known, this has been a very interesting game and has come down to the 4 final players. Dameon, TK, Funtastic and myself.

It got a little rough the past couple of turns and in the mist of all this..ugh hmm... I.... well......

I offered a NAP to Dameon and TK both because of their differences between them and this past turn I broke my NAP with Dameon by attacking him.

I did not do this on purpose, honestly. I had forgotten that I offered this to both players and went ahead and attacked Dameon accidently. I had given him my 2-turn notice earlier and after that offered this other agreement.

Basically I blew it!!!

I publically appologize to all players involved and my clan for this matter and I promise to thoroughly read my e-mails and hold true to my agreements. This is a bad error on my part and hope that everyone will still have trust in me to hold my agreements.

As far as I know I have very very rarley ever done this. Last time I think was in one of my first games ever played.

Please accept my deepest appologies and I hope to come to terms with everyone in all my games.

Thanks for reading this.

Allister Fiend

First Family

Brykovian

Re: A public appology to Dameon/Nick

Post by Brykovian » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:31 pm

Allister Fiend wrote:...and hope that everyone will still have trust in me to hold my agreements.
and
Allister Fiend wrote:First Family
Seems like a conflict of interest. ;) :lol: (j/k, AF ... I couldn't help myself!)

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:44 pm

Hmmmmm.
:thoughts:

Let's see, now. We have Dameon now being able to rip AF on the boards regarding his breach, and trying to use this as a reason why TK will win Dreadmorgue in an "underhanded" manner. We have the Clan Head of the Scholars casting aspersions (jokingly, though) on the FF, where tensions are already high between the 2 clans throughout several games.

If you add that all up, you probably should.......... :shock:

HIT THE DECK!!!

:flamer: :smash: :sniper:

:popcorn:
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:22 pm

Just to add to Egberts comments, TK and AF will win Dreadmourge.

Also what I did to Dameon would have had no effect on the outcome of the last turn.

Actually, Dameon defended all but three of his provinces and I got some pop and workers but I have authorized Dameon to take them back this next turn.

:wink:

AF

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:30 pm

I can only assume that Nick has been whinging privately to AF over the past week or so. I thought the whole matter was over.

AF was quite right to attack. There was no second NAP after the notice of the first was given. AF may have said he wouldn't attack, but nothing was signed from both sides.

I am disappointed that AF will let Dameon take those provinces back. It will now take me an extra turn to RIP Dameon. :?

Ah well. Its only a matter of time. You can run Nick, but you cant, erm, fight.

TK

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:15 pm

Ahhh, at last that smell of an old rivalry is coming back..... :twisted:

About time we got a new, good flamer !

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:29 pm

TK, you disgust me you know that? :( Bad enough you broke an alliance mid-game, now you are trying to tell Allister what he did and did not agree to. How the hell would you know? Yes, he did in fact agree to a second NAP so you and I could fight it out. He said so himself. Unless you are calling him a liar about the situation? He has the email in question if you really think he's lying, you know.

I had no intention of bringing this up on the boards. There was a lot of correspondance going around in this game, and I can understand why Allister made the mistake he did. I would have been pretty upset if he had not admitted to the error, since he did in fact agree to the NAP, but the fact is he simply forgot about it. I hold nothing against him, or against TFF, who at the very least has made this an, erm, "interesting" game for me. 8)

If you end up beating me TK, it'll be because of the way you dump allies when they show the smallest sign of weakness without even letting them know you were breaking your alliance. The fact it, I outmanuevered you diplomatically in this game with ease, and it was only by breaking an alliance that you could do an end-around to potentially defeat me. If I lose, allied with Funtastick, I will at least lose with honor- and I'd rather do that than win with disgrace.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:52 am

Yeah, turn up the heat ! :twisted:

Lessons learned so far:
1> Show no weaknesses against TK. Never.
2> A game lost in honor is better then one won in disgrace - or vice-versa, depending on who you are.
3> The hugging and kissing between our two oldies has ended. Or is it yet another ruse they use ? :roll:

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:39 am

gm_al wrote:2> A game lost in honor is better then one won in disgrace - or vice-versa, depending on who you are.
Hmm. Vice-versa...: It's better to lose in disgrace than win with honor...
Nope, Al wasn't talking about me, for sure. :crazy:

trewqh

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:32 am

Dameon wrote:If you end up beating me TK, it'll be because of the way you dump allies when they show the smallest sign of weakness without even letting them know you were breaking your alliance. The fact it, I outmanuevered you diplomatically in this game with ease, and it was only by breaking an alliance that you could do an end-around to potentially defeat me. If I lose, allied with Funtastick, I will at least lose with honor- and I'd rather do that than win with disgrace.

I didnt break any alliance here, Nick. I know you'd like it if I did (it would give you something to complain about), but I didnt, and Massi will even back me up on that, I'm sure.

I love how you think you "outmanoeuvred" me. :lol: Yep - you REALLY got the better of me. Thats why I only have 300+ troops to your 100ish.

How lucky it is that you "will at least lose with honor- and I'd rather do that than win with disgrace". I dont know if you noticed this, but:

YOU DONT HAVE A CHOICE!

Your position in Dreadmorgue now resembles that of the fly on the back of an elephant.

TK

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Re: A public appology to Dameon/Nick

Post by Ecrivian » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:30 pm

Allister Fiend wrote:As far as I know I have very very rarley ever done this. Last time I think was in one of my first games ever played.

Thanks for reading this.

Allister Fiend

First Family
cough, cough.... someone get me some water I think i just read that the only other time he broke a nape was in one of his very first games ever played..... cough, cough.... what happened to the Nap that the First Family had with CoN where you blindsided us by breaking that agreement? cough, cough....

I don't even want you to respond to this, just read it.
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:05 pm

AF told that in this case it was a mistake and what do we see?

Ec, bashes him for: breaking his word.

I don't want you to reply to this, Ec. Just read it. Read also Wisconsin thread a couple of times more.

trewqh :?

Mylantis
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Mylantis » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:46 am

Ecrivian, I know you told me not to reply.........but, I don't remember The First Family having a NAP with CON.....I remember ME having a NAP with you and Calidus, but I could have swore that you never had a NAP with AF. As for what actually happened, its all water under the bridge.....no matter what I say, you and Calidus will think we set out to screw the both of you, and no matter what you say, I know that wasn't my intention. I tried to explain it to Calidus but, he's kinda hot headed..... :D (anyone else notice this?)

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:03 pm

All I can say Ecrivian is if you were worried about me attacking you then why didn't you offer me a NAP? You had plenty of time to do so. I'm the one that usually offers NAPS but this time I didn't. Since neither you nor Calidus asked for anything I attacked you. Mylantis is correct in saying he may have had a NAP with CON but I had no such agreement.

You were bound to die anyways so I just sped up the process. Calidus took me a couple of turns to RIP but eventually all will fall.

P.S. Why did you reply if you didn't want anyone else to?

AF

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:06 pm

Allister/Mylantis,
I hold no grudges here but I'm positive that Mylantis had worked out a NAP between himself and his clanmate, whoever that happened to be in that game cuz that was kind of up in the air, and CON.

In Fact I have proof, an email from Mylantis to me saying that he'd take province 69, which was the gateway through which Allister totally ripped thru me. Email following.

And Trewqh, I didn't see your name on the list for this game..... I'd suggest that you don't question the actual players of the game. I had my reasons to ask him not to reply.
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Mylantis
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Mylantis » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:26 pm

I'd like to see this e-mail that said that I'm speaking for both me and my clan mate. I too still have all the e-mails and I don't see that one ANYWHERE. I do see one that you sent me that set the border, and that I planned on taking the prov. you speak of, but as the game progressed and Aussie Gaz being so stubborn, (he just refused to roll over :) ) I decided to move else where and AF asked if he could take it, which lead to your demise. But agian, if I've missed an e-mail that says I was speaking for me AND my clanmate, please post it here I'd LOVE to see it.
Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all........The First Family

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:55 pm

Ecrivian wrote:Allister/Mylantis,
I hold no grudges here but I'm positive that Mylantis had worked out a NAP between himself and his clanmate, whoever that happened to be in that game cuz that was kind of up in the air, and CON.
I don't want to say much since I'm running the game other than....
Never, ever assume you have a deal with both clanmates unless you get confirmation emails from each one.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:41 pm

Mylantis wrote:from within the e-mail Ec attached:
Thanks for the kind words about our clan. You know, if you ever think
about leaving CON, we'd be happy to have ya back.....
Wow!! Now *that's* diplomacy!! Mylantis ... you may have just ascended to the rank of "Master" in my eyes! ;) 8)

-Bryk

p.s. I thought it was bad "Netiquette" to post directly from private e-mails without the author's permission ... :?: :roll:
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:59 pm

Undertaker wrote: Never, ever assume you have a deal with both clanmates unless you get confirmation emails from each one.
That's for sure! I have gotten screwed by those means myself and you live and learn as things go on. Just like now I include the statement of " No letting others through to attack" when I propose a NAP to another player. I used to think that it was a given but evidently that doesn't hold true any more.

I'm done with this subject and will reply no more. 8)

Lederhosen!

AF

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:07 pm

Oh Brykovian, one thing for that comment earlier......

Your next! :shock: :hanged:

Wahaaaahaaaahaaaa!

[glow=cyan][shadow=yellow]
:afro:[/shadow][/glow]