GM Mike's Group#01 Beginnings Turn 03 is out

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:38 pm

OK guys. I do not allow any more of this kind of arguments in my thread.

Take it outside.

Yours truly,
GM Mike

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:04 am

trewqh wrote:To make it easier to guess I'll say that this domain couldn't do without some language or without one big section of maths. Also nowadays computers also are in it's pool of interest.

trewqh

Philosophy?

TK

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:59 am

I know real life can be a drag. It just gets old when you promise things over and over and don't deliver as a GM. Sorry, but that's the honest truth.

I will be the first to apologize to you if you turn things around.
Never laugh at live dragons...

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:14 am

trewqh wrote:1 spot left and still we have an average of 11.22 VP per player.

trewqh
dangnabbit Trewqh, was it me that brought the average down? :juggle:
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:49 am

Thin_King wrote:
Philosophy?
Very well, TK!

As some philosophers say, philosophy is an analysis of notions/ideas so (and also for other obvious reasons) language is crucial and for this analysis to be worth anything it has to be logical (also in the mathematical way). The third hint seems obvious (and actually true to all sciences :P).

trewqh

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:52 am

Undertaker wrote:dangnabbit Trewqh, was it me that brought the average down? :juggle:
Yep! It was you.
I didn't even bother to calculate the average when a second First Family member joined the group. :devilish:

Your unbiassed,
GM Mike :P

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:23 am

A quick hint to Seth:

- just start the Group all over again. Thats much easier and will be quicker then trying to fix all that is wrong right now.

And you can easily impress us all by doing so. :wink:

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:14 am

Hey everyone.

Ingrid made me famous.

Province 35 is named after me.

Hold it :!: Wait a minute :!: All the provinces are named after players :shock: Who let her get away with that :?:

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:22 am

Lardie asked for an extension until 7pm GMT today. This is the final deadline. I wanted to e-mail all of you about this but I can't send out any e-mails. I'm sure this is only temporarily.

Sorry for the delay,
Gm Mike

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:35 pm

GAME COMMENTARY:
Turn 2 comes out and eventually nobody missed the deadline. Mostly we see peaceful development but there are two interesting conflicts to write about :D One of them is the continuation of what happened on turn 1 between Egbert and Allister Fiend. The First Family member suprises the Champ (Congrats again Eg!) by sending in his enforcers and swiftly taking control of Egbert's territory. Did AF intimidate the province governors? Maybe he used pure force to eliminate them. We will probably never know that. Anyway Egbert somehow manages to hide his forces in the nearby forest and starts preparing for guerilla warfare. :) The second conflict was in province 58, the City of Yarosund :) Lardmaster took advantage of his position in the OoP, invaded the city and instatntly prepared it for defense as if he'd expected Massielita's forces coming from south. After a very long battle the First Disciple returns home with empty hands thinking about plan B on his way.

GM Mike

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:55 pm

Could you please send me the map, Mike?

I cant access your site... :roll:

TK

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:55 am

Thin_King wrote:Could you please send me the map, Mike?

I cant access your site... :roll:

TK

Same here.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:57 am

Several people had the same problem. I don't know why. I can access it everytime I try, using the link in the Kaobase.

Here's the zipped map. The commentary I posted here is the same as on the group's page.

I hope we still can have the deadline I set. If not then e-mail me about this.

GM Mike

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:35 pm

Access to your site from here does seem somewhat sporadic. I can get through to it about three quarters of the time, and those times I cannot, if I wait about ten minutes and try again it's usually working OK. I'm not entirely sure what's causing the problem, but at least for me, since I can usually get in if I try, it's not a real issue yet. Hopefully it'll clear up for other players as well, otherwise you may need to move your site to a different provider.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:23 pm

Mike,

I've still not had my turn report. I've e-mailed you as well but nod has a response.

LM
Question everything.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:48 pm

GAME COMMENTARY:
This turn, unfortunately, we see two players go M-1. Some say that it may be a tactic, but in such a case I'd prefer to at least get a message saying: I want to go M-1 this turn Mike! So that I could be sure that there surly won't be a rerun because of someone's server problems.

But going back to the game:
This turn both confilcts that we watch from the beginning escalate! In the north Thin King joins his clanmate in the struggle aginst Allister Fiend after the last one takes neutral 19 and continues through TK's provinces. I really won't be surprised if next turn we see AF go 2->1->68. This seems to be a continuation of his tactic so far :D So TK and AF swap provinces as shown on the picture while Egbert aims at two provinces of the First Family member but ends up taking one of them plus a neutral.

There is enough action in the southeastern corner of the map even with Lardmaster missing the turn. It seems that Massielita didn't have plan B because this turn Xero takes 2 of the disciple's 3 provinces.

Undertaker takes 3 neutrals and that's it for that turn. Oh, no... Wait! Just when everybody thought it was safe Aussie Gaz takes a trip up north and takes two provinces form Xero, also cutting the Thug from his home province.

Well, I'm proud of you guys :) Can't wait until next turn!

GM Mike

xero_786
Recruit
Recruit

Post by xero_786 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:33 pm

Oh no not Aussie Gaz... :roll:
Men are defeated but out of them the Warriors rise to fight again