Wisconsin

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:46 pm

Of all the people with a mug shot as an avatar, I must say that Raw takes the best picture. I've heard some people refer to him as a "dirty dog", but I never imagined they were serious. He must have taken a bath for his picture as he looks pretty clean. :lol:
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:31 pm

Seth, could you give us plenty of warning before you start up this game again? - I'm going to be going away from my computer (shock!) for protracted breaks fairly soon and it would be just my luck to miss getting orders in for the next turn because I hadn't realised we'd kicked off...

korexus. (Who can be pessimistic even in his optimism!)
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:41 am

korexus wrote:Seth, could you give us plenty of warning before you start up this game again? - I'm going to be going away from my computer (shock!) for protracted breaks fairly soon and it would be just my luck to miss getting orders in for the next turn because I hadn't realised we'd kicked off...

korexus. (Who can be pessimistic even in his optimism!)
My deepest apologies gentlemen, I have found a job, which has rendered me too tired to be running the game, however after a weekends rest, I am glad to report that I will most likely have the game up and running again by Wednesday. Turn Reports will be out on wednesday at the latest. I thank you all for bearing with me through this entire ordeal, I owe you all big time. But lets get this thing rolling!

GM Seth
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:00 pm

Frankly Seth, I see this as last chance for you as a GM.

Either get that show on the road, even with a full restart, or step down as a GM and keep chasing VPs.

Eventually come back as a GM in a year and try again. No one wants to hurt your feelings, but I think Players want to see some action now, finally.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:03 pm

I have just sent an e-mail to Seth saying I want to quit his group.

I call on other players in this group to do the same.

trewqh

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:17 pm

I hope that it was my form of protest that made Seth run the turn eventually. I don't expect anyone to do the same as I did anymore since you should have your TR now.

Have a great game everyone. I will try out WOK 5 in Nick's 34.

trewqh

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:35 pm

Trewqh,
Actually no, it wasn't that at all. Its called third shift work. See when most normal people are sleeping, i e between the hours of roughly 10pm and 6-7am i'm working! Yep that's right, I work from 4:30 pm to roughly 3:00 am, at which point I go to sleep! And my work is rather tedious physical labor that I'm still getting my body used to, meaning that my sleep has been rather erratic, sometimes I'll sleep for 12 hours in a day! But I'm coming down off of that. Hence you could figure that I'm a little disoriented as to which day it is, and I honestly thought that today was Wednesday, but low and behold, its not! I apologize to the players, turns will be run on time and regularly on Saturday Nights from now on out. However orders for turn two are due on Sunday night to give you a little diplomacy time and such.

GM Seth/Ecrivian

PS. The Map/Page will be updated later, there are some minor changes but nothing too Dramatic,

Changes are: Korexus took province 59, Massie took provs 40 & 41, and Neste took province 33. Just those four changes everything else stayed the same
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:55 pm

Ecrivian wrote:Trewqh,
Actually no, it wasn't that at all. Its called third shift work. See when most normal people are sleeping, i e between the hours of roughly 10pm and 6-7am i'm working! Yep that's right, I work from 4:30 pm to roughly 3:00 am, at which point I go to sleep! And my work is rather tedious physical labor that I'm still getting my body used to, meaning that my sleep has been rather erratic, sometimes I'll sleep for 12 hours in a day!

Oh! So that is why you said that TRs will be out on Wednesday 'at the latest'. And this is also probably the reason why you didn't worry about breaking your word two times (or was it more). Is it? :x
Ecrivian wrote: Hence you could figure that I'm a little disoriented as to which day it is, and I honestly thought that today was Wednesday, but low and behold, its not!

GM Seth/Ecrivian
Ec, you told us about your working hours NOW not earlier. You really think that I could figure out why you didn't give a word about this group on Wednesday or within the last month + a week if nodoby asked?

When you open a group you agree to dedicate (sacrifice?) your time to running the group. There is no excuse to the fact that you plainly turned your mind to something else. You were supposed to run the Group, you didn't and that's all that there is to it.

:x
trewqh

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:58 pm

Ecrivian wrote:PS. The Map/Page will be updated later, there are some minor changes but nothing too Dramatic,

Changes are: Korexus took province 59, Massie took provs 40 & 41, and Neste took province 33. Just those four changes everything else stayed the same
Let me guess, you're too disoriented right now to update the page, right?

:x
trewqh

PS I will stop here, everyone.

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:10 pm

(Can't believe I'm going to be saying this ... and, Seth, don't let it go to your head ;) ...)

Trewqh ... lighten up, eh? While playing in a game that is run poorly can be frustrating, I don't think you need to let it get you so upset. You did the right thing by pulling out of it, so you can go your merry way without it bothering you.

While GMs are implying that they will focus on providing as clean and enjoyable a game as they can, certain RL things -- like working for a living -- have to pull priority over playing/running games. I assume that Seth is trying to save up in order to pay for classes, books, and housing at Uni next fall (but then again, it could simply be for beer money ;) ) ... In any case, GMs aren't just here to keep you personally happy.

Okay ... now with that said, I plan on returning to picking on Seth/Ec in future messages ... it's much more enjoyable. 8)

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:17 pm

Trewqh, that was very courageous of you to leave the game. If I was in it, and saw your post, I would have left next.

As for Bryk's comments --- I agree that a GM's real life comes first, but there is a difference between being late on a turn or 2, and being intolerable. As for the current game, I am very curious to see how "smoothly" it runs.

I guess the lesson to learn from this is that you have to know your GM. If you don't think you can take a GM who has had a "rough going" previously, then you shouldn't sign up for it.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:31 pm

It's not at all difficult for me to lighten up, Matt. Look: :D.... :P
And it wasn't actually the poor run game that made me upset. I wasn't upset when I decided to quit the group. What upset me was Seth's post. Although I can understand that RL 'situations' happen, I still believe that there is no arguement that can excuse promising and breaking the word. If Seth admitted to his mistake it would be OK (because I'm not in the group anymore) but he actually tried to prove me wrong. I didn't agree with him at all and I posted about it (ironically in parts).

Also, Matt, I became a GM lately. That is why I think I can say that I believe that WOK Groups should be run for players (thus to satisfy them), not to satisfy GM's caprices.

trewqh

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:41 pm

trewqh wrote:Also, Matt, I became a GM lately. That is why I think I can say that I believe that WOK Groups should be run for players (thus to satisfy them), not to satisfy GM's caprices.
{Bryk runs off to find a dictionary and look up the word "caprices" ... mumbling something about a large "cop car" made by Chevy ...}

;)

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:51 pm

Caprices = Ghetto Cruiser!

:D

Must.....hold.....back.....negitive......comments......about.......Seths...........Group.......1.......grr.

-Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:54 am

For the ones that didn't get it yet:

caprice = whim, fad, fancy

Sorry for using not commonly used vocabulary :roll:

trewqh

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:16 pm

trewqh wrote:Sorry for using not commonly used vocabulary
Your vocabulary is just fine, Trewqh. Your English grammar and vocab is at a level that, frankly, I'll never care enough to try to achieve.

You had made a fine point ... so I attempted to bail out of the conversation with a little humor. 'cause you know that the Caprice Classic is truly quite the car!! It's what Raw uses to lug around all of his hot women and cold beer! ;)

-Bryk

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:18 pm

Bryk - My dad actually owns a caprice classisic. 1982, blue, nice car. :lol:

And Trewqh, I'm sorry I thought I told the community that I had found a job and was working like I was. I told my clan first and thought I had told the community as well. However I was not trying to proove you wrong, and the fact that you say I never admitted to fault, I never denied it either, I know that a lot of things have gone wrong with this group, and the last one, but dammit, I'm trying to get things right here the best that I can. And I'm sorry if I don't have twelve hours a day to devote to wok, really community, I am sorry. But I did send my clan an email explaining my absensce as well as telling them that I was going to try and get the group back on track. What I was saying in my earlier post is that it happened to be coincidence that you had posted regarding the group when I was going to try and get this group going again, not because you were quitting.

And as far as the page goes I forgot to use the manager to make the map, so I was/am going to hand color it when I had free time today. That's how that happened. Bryk was right on the numbers, and I'm shocked that you don't grasp this concept a little more, earning money for college is number one priority right now! I'm done now.

Ecrivian

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:02 pm

Brykovian wrote:the Caprice Classic is truly quite the car!! It's what Raw uses to lug around all of his hot women and cold beer! ;)

-Bryk
You sure it's not warm beer and cold women? :lol:
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:45 pm

Undertaker wrote:You sure it's not warm beer and cold women? :lol:
Well ... if you knew the town he grew up in, then the warm beer isn't out of the question. ;)

But I've met his fiancee, and I wouldn't classify her as "cold" ... except that one time I met her right after Raw had to work a couple of weekends in a row -- she let me know that she wasn't so happy about the way that schedule worked! Of course, that's way in the past .... right ... Raw ... buddy?

-Bryk

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:44 am

Right!!!!

I just let my Fiance (Kim) read this post, and boy...she even loves more than before Kaomaris now that she has been brought up ;)!

The great town/city of Anoka...let me tell you all about it.

First off, it is the halloween capital of the world!

2nd of all...there are a lot of trailer parks and mullets here!

Gotta love it, Ghetto cruisers and all!

Trailer Park Living is Hot Chicks and Cold Beer!
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.