Wisconsin

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:54 am

This game will make me root for the Vikings pretty soon...
Never laugh at live dragons...

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:36 pm

I'm already a Bears fan.

Any news on this game, Seth?
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:06 pm

Maybe we should limit the lenght of this game to 1 turn and give the VPs to the one that has the biggest score :roll:

How about that guys? :D

trewqh

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:09 pm

The only problem is that it looks like he has to rerun that turn, because of the wrong version number! :roll:
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:09 pm

Well... I looked at the score board again and I changed my mind:

How about we split the VPs between the two best players? :P

trewqh

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:04 pm

trewqh wrote: How about we split the VPs between the two best players? :P
trewqh
OK, Massie and I have the most VPs, so does that make us the best players?

Mmmm. I have the highest score and Funtastick has the most provinces. Maybe we should split them?

Maybe I should go back to work? Yep, I think I'll just go back to work.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:53 pm

*grumble*

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:20 pm

Gentlemen, game will be back online this weekend, I had to update the manager and re enter a lot of data, and between trying to find a job and sleep there wasn't too much time that i could alot for WOK, hell I even missed turns in Gaz's Group, I apologize to all players in that group.

But the game will be back on this weekend, you will all recieve TR's and I'm running the turn with the data from TURN 01 that was manually re entered. Thank you,

GM Seth
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:43 pm

Ecrivian wrote:But the game will be back on this weekend, you will all recieve TR's and I'm running the turn with the data from TURN 01 that was manually re entered. Thank you,

GM Seth
Um, without wanting to muddy up some already pretty murky waters. Should that be a rerun of turn 1, with the data from turn 0? Some of us did get different results than would have been the case with the current version. (Anyone who started with the Quipee, Ankh-Momp, Hobgob, Miwaunez, Gang Lufo, Peelow, Shak Akash, Mbakku or Earthmonian tribes for example.* Also some of the white spells have had thier effects changed although that may not be an issue here.)

That being said, I may have just misread your post, but I did think turn 1 was being re-run...

korexus.

* I'm sure that some of the changes in these tribes won't affect turn 1. But the changes in my tribe did, which is why I care! :wink:
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:27 am

Ive said this in the other thread: I would take the same 10 Players and start all over again. Otherwise I am 100% sure you will not succeed in making the Players happy. (nor the GM)

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:51 pm

Ah, but then someone would get a worse starting position and complain. Isn't that the first rule of WoK? - "The players are never happy!" :wink:

korexus.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:36 pm

If the first turn was run under the wrong version, the GM is obligated to start the game again. Whether or not he uses the same starting spots is up to him, but the best way would just be to reload the turn 0 data and run the turn again with the orders that were submitted- that way nobody loses.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:38 pm

Korexus, you were right, all the data from Turn OO has been entered and I'm using your Turn one Orders to run the turn, TR's like I said, should be out sometime this weekend, probably sunday afternoon.

GM Seth

ps, Nick I didn't see your post until after I posted.... so what I have to say in response to that is the GM isn't obligated to do anything, other than run the game to the best of his abilities, and uhm, oh yeah, do you have any idea how to get data files from WOK Manager Ver 2.7 to properly run on WOK Manager 3.3? Yeah I didn't think so, being as Al, the creater and programmer of the manager, SAID IT COUDN'T BE DONE! So, Nick, I guess what I'm really trying to say here is, the game isn't in jeopardy yet, I will be running this game, and we all have our blunders of the past, so I suggest that you and the GM Committee, mainly you, keep your nose out of the game until a winner is announced. At which point you may ban me from GMing if you wish to complete your vandetta against anyone that says anything contrary to what you think/believe.

GM Seth OUT

pps, I mean't no offense to the GM Committee in any way, its just that some members, we won't mention names, NICK, seem to have a personal vandetta against other fine people that they wish to see expelled or driven from this fine community, it happened once, it might happen again.
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:07 pm

Glamour Shots!
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:00 am

actually no, it was Portraits by Cheryl, she was really nice. Very professional. This is an archive foto, about two years old now.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:05 am

OK, Seth. Glad we're on the same wavelength there :)

PS, like the piccy, much less "trewqh-like" :P

korexus.

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:10 am

if I put one up of me now, I look a lot like trewqh, with my short hair and all, i'll see if I can get up my bald picture for you all to mock me later

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:09 am

You are correct Seth I do have a vendetta against incompetent GMs, and your name appears at the top of that list currently. In fact, you name is the only one on that list. I pity the players who signed up for your game since it is doomed to failure. The GM Committee is responsible for maintaining GM quality, so when this game ends in flames like your last one did maybe we'll convince Al to revoke your license on grounds of incompetence. Hey, maybe you'll leave Kaomaris too.....nah, too much to hope for. :verycool:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:38 am

Hey, try being optimistic here. Maybe by the end of the game Seth will have started running turns on time. He may even end up being a halfway decent GM...

...after all, just you lot wait until I try being a GM :twisted:

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:40 am

I missed those Nick-bashing threads sooooo much..... :twisted:

Play nice, boys. There is always hope.