Andy's 03 - China.

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

korexus

Andy's 03 - China.

Post by korexus » Sat May 17, 2003 10:39 am

First off I would like to appologise to Tbert for my lucky streak in the last turn. When I saw you'd made all those new armies I thought I was in trouble and I certainly shouldn't have killed all 9 armies in the last province with the loss of only 1 of my own!

Secondly I'm going to to give Gaz a warning, I fully intend to carry on being this lucky. So give me my empire back! (What's left of it...) :P

- korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Sat May 17, 2003 2:18 pm

Show Aussie Gaz no mercy, Korexus. I was triple teamed by Mylantis, Allister Fiend and Aussie Gaz at the start of this game. Gone by the end of turn 02.

However, I could sense it coming and arranged for an avenging angel to deal with this triple alliance. Massielita has already made the first two pay for slighting him and going after me. Now I hope to see Aussie Gaz mowed down by my avenger.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Sat May 17, 2003 3:14 pm

Ecrivian,

NOBODY breaks a NAP with me and gets away with it.

Tell the Gatekeeper I said "Hi".

TK

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sun May 18, 2003 8:20 am

Dameon where are you? TK accusing someone of breakjing a NAP with him. :roll:

Let our illustrious CH know about this since Ecrivian has so recently joined our clan and the rules state clearly that NAP breaking is NOT allowed. I have no knowledge of any previous problems with this player, although I believe a few of us have been accused of it, I can't recall any member of the Circle that has any reputation for doing this we are very careful on that count.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Sun May 18, 2003 2:33 pm

I second the comment by Underdog. Read our clan page. If you have evidence that someone from our clan has violated and NAP, send it to Calidus.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Sun May 18, 2003 4:45 pm

I am not aiming to get Ecrivian kicked out of CoN, so I will not be emailing Calidus. That is your business as a clan. However, Ec admitted that he broke the NAP, so he'd probably tell you the same thing.

My aim was simply to teach Ecrivian a lesson. That has now been achieved.

TK

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sun May 18, 2003 7:19 pm

LOL. TK a self professed nap breaker, wanting to teach somebody else a lesson in honesty...now really!

:lol:
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Sun May 18, 2003 9:32 pm

Saladin wrote:TK a self professed nap breaker

?

TK

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Sun May 18, 2003 10:17 pm

Thin_King wrote:I am not aiming to get Ecrivian kicked out of CoN, so I will not be emailing Calidus. That is your business as a clan. However, Ec admitted that he broke the NAP, so he'd probably tell you the same thing.

My aim was simply to teach Ecrivian a lesson. That has now been achieved.

TK
Gentlemen,
Allow me to set the records straight here.....

TK is not lying. I did break a nap with him, however it was due to a bit of confusion and a haste mistake on my part. It is rather funny though that TK would renig on the deal that he made with me after I broke the nap as a part of reconcilliation. I will explain to anyone that would wish to hear about it, just email me, I'd rather keep my dignity and honor as a member of CoN than to just air out my "dirty laundry" like some players.

In conclusion, I did break the nap, I will not deny it, I also told Calidus that I broke the nap immediately when I was discussing WOK with him on AOL Instant Messanger, I also explained that I had worked it out with TK and was practically certain that TK wouldn't sink low enough to post it on the boards. I was wrong. It wasn't the first time, and I'm certain it won't be the last (that I was wrong that is, not that I'd break a NAP, I'm not a NAP breaker, I hold to my honor and dignity as a long term player of WOK).

With that being said, if you want more, just let me know.

Ecrivian
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon May 19, 2003 1:28 am

Wow let me tell you, my heart bleeds for you TK. It really does. I'm surprised Ecrivian, being the talented player he is, wasn't able to capatlize on his "accidental" breakage. :shock:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Mon May 19, 2003 3:53 am

Gentlemen,

I had discussed this issue at length with Ecrivian as soon as the issue happened. I refered him directly to our bylaws and also informed him that this type of behavior would not be tolerated in CoN. He explained the situation, that he screwed up, and was man enough to stand up to whatever consequences our wrath may entail. I knew that TK would not raise the issue with me unless there was no way that he and Ecrivian could work out the problem. Since I had not heard from the Thin one, I addressed the issue with Ecrivian and that was the end of the discussion.

If ANYONE has this type of situation arise with a member of CoN, you need to email me. I prefer to have both sides of the story when weighing my decision on how to punish the perpetrator. Thanks.

-Calidus
Clan Head,
The Circle of Nine

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Mon May 19, 2003 8:49 am

Well, so now it was "accidental"?!

Strange, when we spoke on MSN you said you were angry at me for calling your failure to take neutrals a "disappointment", and that was why you broke the NAP.

Ecrivian's noble nature shone through, though. He gave me an ultimatum. Work with me, or work against me. We signed no new NAP and hence he has just received the bashing he deserves.

As far as I am concerned, the matter is over. I will not be emailing CoN about this.

TK

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Mon May 26, 2003 1:18 am

Korexus

Looks like your luck is holding true.

You shall continue to survive only until The Gods of the OOP put me ahead of you.

:evil:

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Mon May 26, 2003 2:29 am

I bet korexus lasts longer than you, Gaz. :twisted:

Why oh why did you lower your NAP level with me?

TK

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon May 26, 2003 9:16 am

Aussie Gaz wrote:Korexus

Looks like your luck is holding true.

You shall continue to survive only until The Gods of the OOP put me ahead of you.

:evil:

Don't say I didn't warn you :P

Anyway, the way I hear it there's two more sholars (although one of them's in disguise so we could all fit in the game :wink: ) coming to kick your butt back where it belongs. Who needs luck when you can outnumber someone 3 to 1? :D

On a seperate note, Funty, is the site ever going to be updated?

- korexus.

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:41 am

TK - Hope you didn't bet the farm on Korexus lasting longer than me.

Korexus - It looks like your luck didn't last long enough this time.

That being said I don't see my luck holding out much longer either.

:P

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:00 am

No he didn't. He asked me to keep out of the way so he could take you on himself. I still reckon we could have made a shot of this game together. But TK's a VP whore and doesn't want to be allying with a cripplied newbie like me. :wink:

Anyway, at least I took out Tbert and a sizable amount of your army too. Next time just sign the NAP alright?!!

korexus.

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:29 am

korexus wrote:No he didn't. He asked me to keep out of the way so he could take you on himself. I still reckon we could have made a shot of this game together. But TK's a VP whore and doesn't want to be allying with a cripplied newbie like me.

Hear that Gaz? Korexus wanted me to rely on him to grab a couple of cities. Now we see how wise *that* plan was.... :roll:

Kids, eh?

TK