Omega Test Questions/Observations

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Dameon

Omega Test Questions/Observations

Post by Dameon » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:34 am

I'm curious regarding the headhunting rule. I remember it being that there is no attacking a home province on turn 1, so as to avoid the OOP that early being a huge advantage. However, last round I tried to spy on Jozzy's home province of 32, and the report told me I couldn't do that becuase it was considered headhunting. Has spying on the home province always been considered headhunting and I just don't remember? Or is this a new rule? Or a bug? I frankly don't see the rationale for it, if it is in fact a rule.

Also, I can't seem to find the generic house rules regarding the game. Ie, I read Gaz's house rules, but it says nothing about teleport. Is there a default level for teleport in WOK 5, or is it just turned off if Gaz didn't set a house rule for it? It's been long enough that I just don't remember one way or the other.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:06 am

No headhunting with spies was added as an option to Standard WoK, to reducde the pain of having two people doing a coordinated spy attack on you on turn 1. It doesn't work massively well as they can just spy around your home on turn 1 then on any province you own on turn 2, but there we are.

It's been carried through to Advanced WoK because Gaz stole my code (well ok, he asked and I gave it to him) the number of turns it is in effect though is entirely under GM controll. Anything from 0 turns upwards.

Teleport will be active in this game from tech level 5. Apparently Gaz mentioned that somewhere on the boards, but I must have missed/forgotten it too. I emailed him before turn 1 though and that's what he said.

Guess I'd better fix that house rules script then.

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:11 pm

I even forgot you could teleport at all :lol:
First one here, last one to leave.

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:18 am

Yes

I had set teleports to enable at TL5.

The GM can enable Teleports (or not) and then set what TL it kicks in at.

There are 3 Headhunting options for the GM to set.
Attacks
Missiles/GCAs
Spying

All have been set to 1 turn for this game.

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:28 pm

In my lobby it says that the OMEGA test game is currently at turn 2, and when I click on the link it also shows the turn 2 map.

If the game thinks that it's currently turn 2, won't it rerun turn 3?

Xarfei

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:51 pm

Certainly will, if it stays like that for the next 65 hours.

Given that the clock reset, I assume that Gaz is bug fixing. If you want to see the next turn, you can do so by hitting the next turn button.

Is anyone getting turn notifications for this game?

Chris.

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:17 pm

I haven't received any notifications lately.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:34 pm

There's a problem with the PATT/PDEF calculations being carried over accurately into actual combat situations. In the last two rounds that Jozzy and VO have fought, the PATT/PDEF that he is going into combat with is not the same as the PATT/PDEF that the engine is (correctly) calculating. There's going to have to be another rerun once Gaz fixes it, so I would advise against submitting any orders at this point.

I also didn't even realize the turn had run until I read this thread, given no email notification and clicking on the link just brought me to turn 2. I figured maybe it was delayed again to give Bryk a chance to take stock of the situation and maybe submit orders.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:33 pm

Hey, sorry to do this so suddenly, but I find that I need to resign from this game for personal reasons. If anybody would like to take my spot, please contact Gary and let him know. I still intend to play WOK 5 on down the line but right now I've got some things I need to deal with and just don't have enough time to give this game the attention it deserves.

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:28 am

I'll try and find a VO replacement for Dameon.

Maybe his and Egberts wife finally found out about them :roll:

(no disrespect to the real personal problems intended)

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:59 pm

Players.

Sorry for the delay/lack of comments etc.

I have fixed a problem with the PATT/PDEF calculations and am waiting on a player to repond to my email.

Will let you all know whats happening soon.

Gaz

TBert
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TBert » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:40 am

::TBert is typing while his daughter is concentrating very hard on eating his hand::

Uhm... I guess I could play. I've cut down dramatically on activity due to my ballooning squad (went from taking care of 3 guys to taking care of 7...) and the work that's attached to that, not to mention all the fun extra responsibilities that come with rank.

Wait let me check the page first to make sure we're not losing...

Hrm... yeah I'll play.
pro libertate eos occubuisse - "they died for liberty"

Clan Head - Valn Ohtar

SGT - US Army

23-year-old father of 3 - really needs a beer

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:39 am

Well TBert if I get lucky then both Dameon and Duke will be losing after this turn.......(crossing fingers).....then pay back time for going two on one.

BigJozzy
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:45 am

It was Dameons idea! I swear!

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:00 am

You've certainly fought a good fight Jozzy, I'll give you credit for that. On the other hand, I wouldn't be too proud of a victory I earned in part through a bug in the program (not to mention Duke's atrocious luck, which on that last attack is pretty much the worst I've ever seen). In any case, good luck with this one TBert, the Scholars will swarm everybody eventually, it is just a matter of time.

I'll probably be incognito for a time as the new semester starts up and I deal with a few issues, though I'll likely pop back in once the bugs are shaken out of the WOK 5 auto-engine and VPs come back into the picture.

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:27 am

Don't stay away too long, Nick. While it's good to see new blood flow into WoK we don't want the old guard to fade away.

Also, once the online system is finished, I'm looking forwards to the first GM Nick automated X-Game. Please consider me the first sign up!

korexus.

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:34 am

Dameon wrote:You've certainly fought a good fight Jozzy, I'll give you credit for that. On the other hand, I wouldn't be too proud of a victory I earned in part through a bug in the program (not to mention Duke's atrocious luck, which on that last attack is pretty much the worst I've ever seen).
I had almost forgotten the skill with which Dameon's backhanded compliments could be delivered. And it only took a couple turns for the "L" word to pop up. I thought WOK5 reduced the influence of that particular nuance of life. ;)

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:18 pm

lol

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:04 am

What you seem to have missed is when Nick talks about me the 'L' word always applies......lol.....since I am Lucky and proud of it. And luck or not luck, holding out against two clan mates, and winning is always a earned win. And I still do have a chance with a rerun to keep you two on the ropes.

Jozzy
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Ultyguy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ultyguy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:25 pm

I think I may have uncovered an issue with unit upgrades. I seem to have upgraded units, however they didn't come from the armies present in the province, they seem to have magically appeared.

Anybody else seen something like this.

Ulty