Omega Test Questions/Observations

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Ultyguy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ultyguy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:56 pm

Also I just notice the "Go to game page" link on the turn report doesn't have the map with the players provinces on it, or the players listed, it does have the game commentary.

Ulty

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:19 am

Let me make something clear. Jozzy played a better game than me here. It had nothing to do with luck, he just flat outplayed me. The only reason that he went down is because I had Duke on my side, and it's really hard to win in a 1 vs 2 situation. Even if we'd lost, I don't think Jozzy could take us out with what he had left, but he surely could have made life very difficult for quite awhile.

And to come clean about something, the "personal reasons" I cited were entirely the fact that there was a bug which inflated Jozzy's PDEF during the original run of the turn, and then Gary told me he fixed the bug but was not going to rerun the turn. I can't deal with failing due to bugs. I'm not emotionally equipped for it. To skill, like Jozzy showed, yes. To luck even, I've accepted (begrudgingly). But due to a program error? That just fries my circuits.

I didn't want to bring that up on the forums, because frankly, it's Gary's game and he can run it however he likes without VPs at stake. It's his extra work to have to do reruns after bugs, on top of the reprogramming, and all that jazz, and for me to insist upon it would frankly be out of line. I didn't want to come off as criticizing him, because I am not trying to do that. My inability to play in a game where winning or losing could be decided by an incorrect line of computer code is entirely my problem, and so I found my own solution. It was something I surely should have considered before signing up for the "test game" (duh), but I failed to do so.

I bring it up now because Gary said he has reconsidered and re-ran the turn. I've asked him if he'd be willing to re-run any turn in which a bug popped up and a player requested a re-run as a result. If he is OK with that, I'll stay in the game. If he's not, then I'll depart in favor of TBert, and it will be my decision and my fault.

There. Now that the air is clear, you can all pick your jaws up off the keyboards. :-)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Well, Dameon is back. Now all we need is TK and a keg and this party is officially started! Can someone call Eagle Eyes since it is fun reading pig-latin on the boards.
First one here, last one to leave.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Don't forget Piebald. It's never a party without him.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:01 pm

To go back on topic. The following bugs have been reported, I'd appreciate any further information as well as any other bugs. - If anyone has some spare time, they can try to recreate the bugs in the practice game and feedback the results.

*Terrium. Tribe should make chance of success be at least 80%, it doesn't seem to do so. - I also suspect that spy info and spy data reports run without the EFF penalty for the operation being more difficult. Can anyone confirm this?

*Ankh Momp. May not be giving the reduced price for tech upgrades.

Provinces may, in some circumstances be listed as having cities when they shouldn't. Keep your eyes open and try to spot a pattern!

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability