The Sanborn Oasis

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 pm

Sweet mother of all bugs. Are you still discussing this?

Nick, why do you bother arguing with them? I havent read 10% of this thread and I am already getting tired of this. You have said that there will be a vote. If people dont like it then the hell with them. It will still be me and Massie fighting it out for the VP's in the end. :shock: Was that out loud??? *runs for cover*
First one here, last one to leave.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:58 pm

And, of course, y'all still refuse to discuss the underlying issue here even after I highlighted it. Y'know, I think I'm just going to stop reading this thread. Duke, the only reason I have continued to read this thread (to this point, anyway) is because SOME people might try to sign up for the game by posting on this thread instead of emailing me directly, y'know? 8)

Chris if you want to discuss setting new rules for the WSC regarding X-Games, go ahead and make a proposal, because at least that way we can leave this specific case behind and deal with the issue at hand, which nobody else can seem to divorce from the specifics here.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:58 pm

Ok, I am sick of seeing this thread come up under my "new posts" link. :roll:

If you have ever played in any of Nick's X-games then you all should know they are just fine to play as he sets them up so please......

"Shut the hell up and start the game"

The Family wants some more VP's.

PS......... I am not even in this game and want it to start.
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:41 pm

Two spots left, so anybody on the fence now is the time to decide if you want in. I'd like to get this one going before the end of this week so please sign up so we can take that vote and get the show on the road! 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:20 am

*checks the group page*

Oh no, not again. Me, alone with a bunch of Mercs and not even Lardmaster to back me this time. What good was he anyway? Watched as they took me out in Stephens game and goes M-3 in Josh's. Oh well. Havent seen Temujin in a while. *walks over with a car seller smile*

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:23 pm

OK, I am at nine players now. I would really like to get this game started, so basically, if I don't get another player to sign up by this coming Friday the 25th, I am going to start this one with just the nine that are signed up now. If I do start one player short I will automatically bump the six city rule up to either seven or eight cities, but if I get a full load, I will take that vote. If you are interested now is the time, intitial turns are going to be out next weekend whether or not that tenth player shows up.

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:52 am

Come on all you WOK5 players this will be a good game lets sign up and get this game going.

Massielita
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:32 am

Actually I wouldn't mind having a go at this game but I am just afraid that I will not have enough time for it at the moment.

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:18 am

Well there is no shame if you are afraid to play.......=))
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:54 am

lol

1-0 to the Aussie.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:28 pm

Duke wrote:lol

1-0 to the Aussie.
You better take that victory Massie, it'll be the closest you get to a win in this game. :wink:
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:41 am

LOL.....UT keep talking and see where it gets you. However, I will take a win where ever I can get them......=))

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:54 pm

Just had an un-fun thought.

What happens if two players are working on winning the game by holding the middle two provinces and two by taking 7 cities. Both win conditions could be met by different pairs on the same turn. - Who wins?

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:37 pm

I would think he gets the victory conditions first, so simply follow the OoP, right?
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:16 pm

Both conditions hit after the turn is finished so OOP isn't a great way of deciding. It is *a* way of deciding though, which would be a start I guess. :wink:

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:27 pm

If both victory conditions are met, then I get all the VPs. Mwuhahahahahaha*cough*gasp* (it is an X-game after all) :twisted:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:57 pm

I have a very hard time believing that will happen, to be honest. I imagine if that happened I'd just have to let the game continue until either the players with seven cities went under that number or the players controlling the Oasis lost control of it, whichever happend first. It really does seem pretty unlikely, though.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:05 am

Just as long as we're covered. 8)

And yeah, it is pretty unlikely. I'll have 7 cities well before anyone can hold the vortex for 4 turns. :P

korexus.

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:52 am

Korexus I will be surprised if you can get more then 2 cities all game long.

Massielita

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:13 am

Massielita wrote:Korexus I will be surprised if you can get more then 2 cities all game long.
Prepare to be surprised... :twisted: