"nobody wants a re-run in case Massi gets even luckier"

?

:roll:

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Bjorn to Raw

Post by Bjorn » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:09 pm

:D Hey there Raw, from across the map! I'm still trying to get over there so you can RIP me, but TFF is making it difficult. Xarfei is in the way as well, so it looks like it may be awhile before you can do your usual "RIP the VO guy" thing.

Still, I have not given up on my traditional exit in any game with Raw. Send me an email and we will see if we can agree on a province to meet up. :wink:
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Raw
Commander
Commander

Re: Bjorn to Raw

Post by Raw » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:23 pm

Bjorn wrote::D Hey there Raw, from across the map! I'm still trying to get over there so you can RIP me, but TFF is making it difficult. Xarfei is in the way as well, so it looks like it may be awhile before you can do your usual "RIP the VO guy" thing.

Still, I have not given up on my traditional exit in any game with Raw. Send me an email and we will see if we can agree on a province to meet up. :wink:
Hey Bjorn....I miss you!!!

We should meet up somewhere on TFF's island? This way, we both have nothing really to fight for once we run them over. We can then call it a game and let UD, Funty and X battle it out.

-Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:08 pm

Raw wrote: We should meet up somewhere on TFF's island? This way, we both have nothing really to fight for once we run them over. We can then call it a game and let UD, Funty and X battle it out.

-Raw
Sounds like a plan. You march East through TK, the "Godfather" of WOK, while I marshall my knights (well, maybe I should muster in more than a few archers for this campaign) for a march through Allister and we'll meet for tea in TKs starting city. First one there puts the kettle on!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:20 pm

Watch were you step... Me and Massie are buried in thereabouts. I expect a proper burial when you remove those 2.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:37 pm

Bjorn wrote:TK, the "Godfather" of WOK

I hope thats a compliment Bjorn... dont make me come marching through Allister again... last time I did that, Donut disappeared from the map! 8)

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Rut-Row. Party crasher at the door!

Post by Bjorn » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:37 pm

This can't be good.

~ Order [11][4][3][38][37]
>> You seek to get a full report from a Spy in a Province.
>> #37 is a neighbor. You have a chance of 71% to succeed.
++ The Spy reaches Province #37 ! [+2% EFF]
>> You receive the following transmission :

#ID Name POP ARM LEVEL PIK ARC KNI CAT CREA MAG
===============================================
37 Waynor 0 42 1.044 0 3 0 2 - 0
===============================================

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Re: Rut-Row. Party crasher at the door!

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:14 am

Bjorn wrote:This can't be good.
Your the one that came back messin' around on our island again, I was gonna let you live and have a little more time with those difficult nuetrals but now I have had enough.

And Underdog seems to want a little action too so this is gonig to be interesting indeed.

:twisted:
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:19 am

Allister Fiend wrote:
And Underdog seems to want a little action too so this is gonig to be interesting indeed.

HEY, I am just looking for my shoeshine box. Donut took it from me earlier and all he would tell me on his death bed was "I lost it somewhere down there while fighting Allister and TK" so I have to go find it. You could make it alot easier on us all if you know where it is and return it to it's rightful owner ASAP.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:15 pm

Allister Fiend wrote: but now I have had enough.
Recall Star Trek II, "The wrath of Kahn". I picture Kirk (William Shatner) as he is kicking the Klingon captain (Christoper Lloyd) off the cliff.

"I ..... have had......enough.......of you!!!!!!

Let's see if your troopers have what it takes to kick me off of the cliff!

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:09 pm

GAME COMMENTARY:
Another turn and more fighting around the map. Spells, GCA's and attacks, this time we get to see it all.
[Well, the GM gets to see it all. We only get to see the action in our small corner of the world.]

Thin King, the giant of the south, gets hit by a small spell from Xarfei and loses another province to Underdogs small force operating behind enemy lines. After this TK throws some GCA's at UD and then sends a big army charging into UD's lands. In 70 he meets up with UD's main army and after a big fight UD suffers an utter defeat to the attacking forces.
[No details? I guess we call him "Underdog" for a reason.]

Xarfei continues to grow slowly but surely and this turn adds yet another neutral to his empire but otherwise he manages to stay out of trouble.
[Trouble will find him soon enough.]

In the east the hard struggle between Allister Fiend and Bjorn Toulouse continues. Allister's small cut off force deep within Bjorn's territories endures. They lash out unsuccesfully but succesfully fends off an attack from Bjorn. On another front Allister moves up another big army and once again manages to drive Bjorn off the main land.
[For good this time. No way am I getting back to the mainland any time soon. Odds are I am going to need some help to drive out that rogue band on my island. I should show you the combat rolls for that one. I lost 5 armies and killed none. My armies suck.]

In the west finally both Raw and Funtastick continue to remain still on the outside and Raw continues to insist that he "sucks". We will see if he's correct or just being modest.
[Raw insists that Funtastick sucks? Those soundd like fighting words!]

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:41 pm

Bjorn wrote:In 70 he meets up with UD's main army and after a big fight UD suffers an utter defeat to the attacking forces.
[No details? I guess we call him "Underdog" for a reason.]
I try to keep my commentaries as free of detail as possible in order to not give away someones position more than necessary. At the same time I do my best to make them at least somewhat entertaining so some details are still necessary.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:13 pm

Haha...I suck!
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:05 pm

Lord Fredo wrote:I try to keep my commentaries as free of detail as possible in order to not give away someones position more than necessary. At the same time I do my best to make them at least somewhat entertaining so some details are still necessary.
A policy I endorse. I was never very fond of GMs who give details on things that are not common knowledge. Especially when it comes to actions against neutrals.

You do a fine job.

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:47 pm

This is something I've been wondering about for Wookie. The only thing which can actually be seen from a map is successful attacks on provinces which were not then successfully attacked later in the turn. This would be very restricted, so it's fair to mention all successful attacks, but what about the ones which fail? What about missiles? I tend to mention both these things, but other GMs don't. Then there are things like "In 70 he meets up with UD's main army" in Fredo's commentary which I wouldn't put in but does make it less dry to read and maybe players should know how big a fight was. What level of detail should players "see"?

I seem to have rambled on without saying anything. Oh well. Opinions gratefully received on how much detail a report should have!

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Mon May 09, 2005 11:19 pm

What happened to this game? Will it ever continue? Can someone else (Donut?!) take over?

X.a.r.f.e.i.

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Tue May 10, 2005 7:55 pm

What happened was that I lost internet access for a couple of weeks and now that I have just gotten it back I am insanely busy at work pretty much working round the clock together with taking care of my home an family.
The game will start up again as soon as humanly possible.
I have not dropped a game yet and I do not plan on starting it.
Once again many apologies to all involved.

// GM Fredrik

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Tue May 10, 2005 9:18 pm

no problem, family and work are of course more important than WOK.

(well, except for me, Kor and TK who use WOK to avoid revision ;)

Xarfei

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Sun May 22, 2005 9:44 pm

And the group is once again up to speed and running.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Sun May 22, 2005 10:54 pm

Looks like Raw's armies were still asleep. :wink:

First attack - my one defender killed 19 of Raw's troops.

Sadly, they were woken up by this and proceeded to romp through my empire. :?