Champs

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

korexus

Champs

Post by korexus » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:09 am

Champs.

Erm, Pat?

I just noticed that you're using V3.25 of the WoK V manager. There's quite a few differences and a couple of bugs in your version. I just thought I should mention it...

:?

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:29 am

The most notable difference is upgrades, which almost everyone used this turn. :?

A re-run?

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:00 pm

OOPS :oops:

I will see what I can do to fix it tonight.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:08 pm

Hold back the fire Pat.

Im about to look through the WOK5 changes suggested a while ago and see what I can do to work on that WOK5 code again. A release of V3.30.5 seems possible soon.

You REALLY will need to upgrade to V3.30.4 at least Pat, but beware - this means a full restart as the structure of the .DAT file has changed with latest versions. It got a lot easier to run turns though. Mail or PM me if you need a download link to the manager.

(And yes Nick, I already worked through YOUR changes :D)

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:56 pm

I say we continue under the same engine. It isn't giving anyone a unfair advantage over another.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:46 pm

Full restart would be very annoying for all players... I personally don't think we should carry on using the old version. It's unbalanced and we know it's unbalanced.

The two options I can think of are;

1) Pat sets up a new group with the new manager and transfers the current data.
2) Pat sets up a new group and transfers the turn 1 data then re-runs turn 2.

I know re-runs are a pain (espeacially when, like me you did pretty well in the first run) but the second option probably is fairest. I doubt the version changes made much difference to turn 1, but I imagine a lot of upgrades got used on turn 2 so it will have an effect on how things went. Unfortunately, both options are quite a lot of work on Pat... :(

korexus.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:50 pm

gm_al wrote:(And yes Nick, I already worked through YOUR changes :D)

Please tell me your kidding Al. I have been asking you to update the WOK5 engine for ages, and you always ignore what I say. Now you have implemented changes from Nick?? What does he know about WOK5???

:evil:

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:39 pm

Im ignoring the whiners. :D

No seriously, I dont have your old mail about suggested changes anymore. Killed a few things when I got rid of that virus-attracting Outlook a while ago.

Please post suggestions again in the other thread. And if you manage to do it in a rather friendly way I even MIGHT listen. :lol:

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:05 pm

korexus wrote:Full restart would be very annoying for all players... I personally don't think we should carry on using the old version. It's unbalanced and we know it's unbalanced.

I know re-runs are a pain (espeacially when, like me you did pretty well in the first run) but the second option probably is fairest. I doubt the version changes made much difference to turn 1, but I imagine a lot of upgrades got used on turn 2 so it will have an effect on how things went. Unfortunately, both options are quite a lot of work on Pat... :(

korexus.
These are good ideas. I'd prefer option 2.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:09 pm

I hate reruns too, but the way I see it Pat almost has to rerun turn 2 as well if people were using upgraded units. From a personal perspective I'd prefer not to see it as I did fairly well on my combat with neutrals during turn 2, but I suppose it's only fair. D'oh!
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:22 pm

I support option 2 as well.

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:19 am

Option 2 will be used.

I just have to figure out some time to do the required editing. I have to sing in another wedding on Saturday but I should have time to get at least a good start on it. HOPEFULLY I can have everything ready to go and get turn 2 re-run before the end of the weekend. I will send out a mail to all the players explaining what happened and hopefully we can get back on track before too long.

I knew something would go wrong it just took longer than I ecpected to find it.
Underdog is here

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:22 am

I don't mind either way but just to save GM Pat a lot of extra work, can't we really live with it as it is and just continue?

No one knew until now anyways so it wasn't like anyone has that much of an advantage, it is only turn 2.
:roll:

Allister
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:36 am

Pat just do your best and get us runnnig as soon as you can.

Thanks,
Massielita
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:56 pm

OK I have edited everything and re-ran turn 2. I will send out the new reports and I would like all the players to look over their reports and make sure everything went correctly. I didn't find anything obvious yet but haven't finished looking them all over. I find it Ironic what the new results show but I will let you all see those results if I don't find anything in the rest of the reports I need to look over. Expect the reports before the end of the day my time, unless I find something.
Underdog is here

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:06 pm

Al I have a question for you. The manager actually loaded the data it just was in a different format so the numbers had to be edited. The only difference were in Def and LEV numbers were those the only changes you made to the way the manager stores the info? or was there something I missed? I didn't see anything in the reports I looked at so I am guessing those were the reason the new manager doesn't like the old data?
Underdog is here

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:49 pm

Ouch. My luck was a lot worse with the neutrals but that's nothing compared to what happened to Korexus. Hopefully this will be the end of this particular issue, though.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:15 pm

Dameon wrote:Ouch. My luck was a lot worse with the neutrals...

Its good to see that you VO boys are getting a fight from *someone*! 8)

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:14 pm

Dang... good work UD.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:37 pm

korexus wrote:Full restart would be very annoying for all players... I personally don't think we should carry on using the old version. It's unbalanced and we know it's unbalanced.

korexus.
Did I mention? My vote's for option 1. I'm posting this before PAt runs the turn, honest!!

*mutter, mutter. last time I try to be helpful if I'm doing ok! mutter, mutter*