Champs

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:10 pm

I can say without reservation that TK deserved the win, he played a great game. In all seriousness, my main goal was to make sure Egbert didn't win. He didn't (although I had very little to do with it), so that's all for the good. I freely admit I didn't play my best game there, and it was through luck that I survived as long as I did. TK won this one without breaking any NAPs or alliances, so maybe he's turning over a new leaf? :roll:

I still would rather have seen Allister or Massie win over TK (hey, old rivalries die hard) but I am honest enough to admit that TK played the best game and he deserved the win. Luck wasn't even a factor for him, he just overwhelmed the field. It's been a long time in coming and he certainly deserves it. Cheers!
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:33 pm

I can't believe my eyes!!

:shock:
Dameon wrote:I can say without reservation that TK deserved the win, he played a great game. Cheers!
Nice comments Dameon.

Allister
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:14 pm

Raw wrote:Actually he took out me as Egbert was on vacation and came back to not a whole lot.

Raw :)
So basically Eggie is still undefeated in a Wok 5 Champs game. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:35 am

Eg killed himself, I told him what would happen if he ran at TK from the start, but no one listens to me. I guess in such austere company of the Scholars, I am yet a n00b by comparison! :wink:

Of course, TK did still have a lucky break. Massie had an outrageous streak of luck back on the turn two re-run. Without that I'd have killed off TK in short order and it would have been a very different game!

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:55 am

korexus wrote:

Of course, TK did still have a lucky break. Massie had an outrageous streak of luck back on the turn two re-run. Without that I'd have killed off TK in short order and it would have been a very different game!

korexus.
OK you whiney cry baby, thats enough. You made that bed so you just lie in it and quit complaining. 8) :twisted:
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:14 am

There's no doubt a lot of factors that played into TKs victory but everything he could control, he did. What happened between you and Massie wasn't something TK could very well control. And listen, if TK had won the Champs 2-3 years back after breaking NAPs in them, I would have never said he earned it. But he played a fair, clean game this time, of that there's no question. Actually ever since he joined TFF he's gotten a lot better (IMO) at honoring his diplomatic committments. Maybe Allister was right to take him in after all, who'd have thunk it? :P
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:51 am

Elementary my Dear Watson....elementary......

:wink:
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:36 am

Hell Yeah, great win Thin King. We committed to make sure a Family member won. And we did a good job. I think the three of us together nearly assured the a victory. :P No offense to the rest, but we were on a roll last period. The NAP we had with Nesty was a nice benefit and gave us the chance to concentrate on VO/Massie. I think I may have lost out a on couple of iffy battles that possibly could have led to a 3-way FF finale, (which TK would have lost :wink: )
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:44 am

Really VO/Massie did play a good game. :oops:

It's just that we were better! :pure evil:
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:03 am

Duke wrote:Hell of a game there TK. Took out most of the players. I feel that I just need to ask you two things.

1. Who should get credit for bringing you back to these shores?

2. When the he** is The Streets next album released?

Thanks Duke.

1. Seeing as you ask, I guess you are looking for the credit?? :wink:

2. I dont know. The Streets second (?) album was a lot more downbeat than their first - lots of crying about girls and general wimpiness - so I dont like it.

3. Please change your avatar and signature. Please. :wink:

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:17 am

Thanks for your nice words Nick. I knew you had it in you. :wink:

Dameon wrote:In all seriousness, my main goal was to make sure Egbert didn't win.
Me too. 8) Thanks Nesty!

Of course you are right that other factors did help me. Here are some that I can think of...

-Nesty choosing to help me instead of Eg. If he had decided to take me out instead, I would probably have died first. Well, maybe not first, not with Korexus around, but second. :wink:

-General anti-Scholar play early on. I am still surprised that people were so willing to help TFF against the Scholars. I guess the old impression of "the Scholars being the major threat" has not died yet. Anyway, this gave us the time and space to get a strong hold on the game.

-Map layout. After taking out Eg, I think I had about 70% of the forests on the map. Under the old system this was a great help (just to deny others the wood).

-Raw doing Eg's orders for one crucial turn. :wink:

-When the Scholars died early I started to discuss the game with Korexus and Xarfei. Their input was of course valuable.

So the big question remains - who will be the lucky winner next year!? :P