GM Duke's Group 4 - The final countdown

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:19 am

After re-checking I see that I didnt send him a test TR but instead a live one from this group! Here is the ironic twist. It was his clanmates 8)

Could have been a horrific mistake later in the game but as I see it, getting a clanmates TR isnt a problem so I will carry on here without any re-run.

Sorry. I will be on my toes from now on.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:51 pm

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! I DEMAND VP'S FOR THIS MISTAKE... WHY WOULD I LET FUNTY SEE MY TR?!?!?! :P

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:56 pm

Yeah! We know you're usually ashamed of your TRs :twisted:

trewqh

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:39 am

Deadline is tomorrow morning 07.00 GMT-1

I currently have sets of orders from:

Dameon
Massie
Raw
Sophie Allister Fiend Baxter

If you're not on the list and has sent me orders then you are in trouble 8)

If you are to mail me orders then please use the GM addy or wokduke@yahoo.com

If you want to critizise me or sending me rubbish or insults then use: lordfredoinhisunderware@hotline.se

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:14 pm

ahahahahahaha.... but you spelled underwear wrong :wink:

Donut

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:21 pm

Dont blame me. It isnt my e-mail. :wink:

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:28 am

Turn 01 us out. Only one player missed the turn and you have until wednesday to protest against this if you feel that you have sent orders and somehow can present proof of this. I've checked and double checked in my end AND I've sent reminders.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:58 pm

Wow, I've never had luck this bad to start a game before. Things can only get worse from here, unfortunately.....oh well, if Lady Luck isn't on your side ya just can't win, sometimes.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:33 pm

Dameon wrote:Wow, I've never had luck this bad to start a game before. Things can only get worse from here, unfortunately.....oh well, if Lady Luck isn't on your side ya just can't win, sometimes.
How did you get unlucky?
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:49 pm

Dameon wrote:Wow, I've never had luck this bad to start a game before. Things can only get worse from here, unfortunately.....oh well, if Lady Luck isn't on your side ya just can't win, sometimes.
You mean it's even worse than my Group 4 - Guatemala where you complained a lot about your starting position and eventually won? :)

Dameon in March wrote:Well, I don't have much hope for this game.
trewqh

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:53 pm

Raw wrote: How did you get unlucky?
He signed up
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:48 pm

lol

At least you cant blame me for favouring clan friends :roll:

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:01 pm

Hey I did have a bad starting spot in Guatemala, but I never said I was unlucky beyond that. This game, it's more of VO got unlucky. I mean, do you really have to ask Raw? Donut was lucky enough to have a Fingers spell and be before Bjorn in OOP. There was really no way for Bjorn to expand at all this game, he got royally screwed worse than anything I've seen in a while. All four spy attempts this round against my provinces succeeded, and all three of my attempts against enemy provinces failed, and the success percentage was about the same on all of those. I am also very early in OOP both of the first rounds, when it would have helped to be later.

There's nothing Bjorn or I could do to influence any of those things that happened, it was just bad luck plain and simple. I can live with that though, that's about the only thing that causes me to lose early in a game. I actually have not had a really bad luck game in a while, so I suppose I was due. That's WOK, ces't la vie!
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:09 pm

must.....resist.....to......get.......involved.....

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:54 pm

What would you call it if Bjorn had been before I? I find it annoying that you claim the only way you lose "early" is because of bad luck... any player can live for forever with good luck. There's only 2 types of luck... it's either with you or against you; and you can't have it all the time.

Also, nothing forced Bjorn to try and take 24; unless a player in Africa pushed him away?

Donut

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:24 am

Donut, are you slow or something? Even if Bjorn came south to Africa, he could only take one single province because Tripoli is between both of us and the rest of Africa. Believe me, him coming south crossed our minds, but then he'd only have gotten a shot at one neutral, as opposed to the several he could have gotten if he broke through Italy. Unlike you, he only had a copule of options as to where to attack round one. If you hadn't had the Fingers spell, at least it would have been an even fight for Italy regardless of who was first in OOP. Not that I would have done any differentely than you; I would have played it the exact same way. I enjoy getting lucky as much as the next guy. 8)

Anyway, so you were lucky, and more power to you for it. We were unlucky on many fronts, and you are right, we can't have luck all the time. I was just making a statement that VO had bad luck this particular game....I am not sure that there is an argument here is there?

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:06 am

Dameon wrote:I am not sure that there is an argument here is there?
Oh, come on! Don't finish it before Al gets involved! :P

trewqh

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:48 am

There's no such thing as luck...you make your own luck...nothing happens by chance.

:shock:
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:06 pm

Well... considering Bjorn's position now I think that taking 1 neutral in Africa would have been quite a bit different. He would have given himself a chance to get a better spot in the OoP, and would have opened up several other options for him.

Sal...

Bouncy
Bouncy
Bouncy

Donut

Duke

Post by Duke » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:17 pm

Before things get too heated I would like to reply to Dameon that "No there isnt an argument here" Basically since luck wasnt a factor in turn 01. Belive me, I know. :roll: