GM Duke's Group 4 - The final countdown

WOK for Advanced Players

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:30 am

Come on Duke, be real. You can't say Donut wasn't lucky to have that 20 Fingers spell, and that he was before Bjorn in OOP. Guess what? If Bjorn had been before Donut he sure would have been lucky too. Oh, and that all four spy attempts against me succeeded while all of mine failed, when the success chance was approximately the same. If mine had succeeded while theirs failed, again, I would readily welcome the luck. And it's sure unlucky that I'm near the top of the OOP for two straight rounds. I'm not really complaining here though, just stating some facts. VO has had extremely bad luck, at least so far. The game is far from played out though, and it may yet change. I don't think there's any point in continuing this discussion any further.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:49 am

Since I know it all I am not commenting on specific things like spells etc. I can agree that the OOP was bad luck. You got me there.

About the other stuff all I can say is trust me. We can pick this up when either all the players involved in this situation are gone or when the group is closed and over.

I'll be like this guy:

:deal:

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:53 pm

C'mon Duke, even if theoretically the player who spied me out had the spy tribe that gives you 80% chance to hit, they were still 4/4 against me, which is over that percentage, and I was at 0/3 with a 50% shot each time. I don't see how you can argue against luck having an affect there. And even if either Bjorn or I had a GCA spell as well, we couldn't have used it to much effect if we were late in the OOP, so Donut having that spell is pretty lucky too. I know from the GM role you can see things that others cannot, and there may certainly have been mitigating circumstances, but the bottom line is the luck scales have been heavily weighted against VO so far. If that continues to be the case, we'll be bowing out soon enough, but if hopefully the luck balances out in the next couple rounds we should be able to make this interesting yet. I'm done with this topic at any rate, at the very least until after the next turn runs. :roll:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:16 pm

If i were you Nick i wouldn't play wok 5 any more...way too much luck involved!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:48 am

lol

1-0 to Saladin in wisecracks :D

Anyway about the luck. I am feeling that I am getting too involved here. I'll be silent until it is safe for me to speak again.

As conclusion. I am not saying you are wrong, I am not saying you are right either. 8)

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:52 am

Saladin wrote:If i were you Nick i wouldn't play wok 5 any more...way too much luck involved!
Sal, you took the words right off my fingertips. :twisted:

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:39 pm

Saladin wrote:If i were you Nick i wouldn't play wok 5 any more...way too much luck involved!

NOOOOOO! Don't put him off WOK5. We could do without the whining, moaning and pram-behaviour in WOK4! :)

~ Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:46 am

Hannibal wrote:NOOOOOO! Don't put him off WOK5. We could do without the whining, moaning and pram-behaviour in WOK4! :)

~ Han

Now that's not nice to say Han... :?
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:59 am

No i agree, not very nice at all. :?
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Mylantis
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Mylantis » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:59 pm

i could say something here.........about how the truth isn't always nice...... but i won't..... :lol:
Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all........The First Family

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:54 am

I currently have orders from:

Volicor
Grave Maker
Validon
Bjorn
Raw
Dameon
Allister Fiend

If you arent on this list your orders havent been recieved by me.

/GM Duke

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:56 pm

I'm one lucky SOB.

-Mature Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:38 pm

Now, I need to say that no matter what Raw ment by that he cannot be talking about turn 2 since I havent ran it yet.

One person has already mailed me asking how Raw could know that he is lucky before the turn is out so any others with those questions, please e-mail Raw and not me.

My guess is that he got a peice of something 5-10 minutes prior to posting that message but that is how my mind works. 8)

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:48 pm

Duke wrote:Now, I need to say that no matter what Raw ment by that he cannot be talking about turn 2 since I havent ran it yet.

One person has already mailed me asking how Raw could know that he is lucky before the turn is out so any others with those questions, please e-mail Raw and not me.

My guess is that he got a peice of something 5-10 minutes prior to posting that message but that is how my mind works. 8)
Humm....who's the paranoid one who emailed you? Someone must be scared :shock:

-Mature Raw

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:49 pm

Duke wrote:My guess is that he got a peice of something 5-10 minutes prior to posting that message but that is how my mind works. 8)
Ya, I guess his dog woke up and Raw took advantage of it. Supposedly, the dog likes to go right back to sleep but Raw was saying he got lucky and was able to sneak in a "doggy-style" event. :lol:
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:53 pm

Duke wrote:Now, I need to say that no matter what Raw ment by that he cannot be talking about turn 2 since I havent ran it yet.

Insider info rocks......thanks again Duke!

-Raw

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:43 pm

Hey now, dont make me create some sort of "accident" to your orders.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:47 pm

Trust me...the whole thing is an accident waiting to happen...

If blah blah blan
Then blan blan blan

Else kill kill kill
End If

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:03 pm

All this actually made me go and check your orders.

Not saying any comments on it however.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:05 am

lol... I'm sure his "Piece" involved his dog and Peanut Butter. :lol: :lol:

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.