Page 1 of 1
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:11 pm
my Ap are not increasing right now, and are stuck at 1885, if you say this is my limit, how come my resurrection would cost 1900... and if that is the case i think the AP cost of ressurection is too high to put it at the limit, so one cannot play for an entire day after one dies...
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:48 pm
Hmm, I rejigged AP so that high level players didn't have an obscene amount of them. I probably forgot to reduce resurrection costs accordingly. Any thoughts on how much (as a percentage) it should cost?
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:37 pm
55% basically if its over half of a day makes it costly enough to be be careful, but not so costly to kill a days worth of playtime
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:59 pm
I've been playing a game called Shaiya. (No, it's research, really! Also I found it by following a link from the WoK banners, so I'm supporting the community!) It's pretty good for the first 10 or so levels, but then the questing system gets a bit disorganised and you basically have to hope that the things you're trying to do aren't too hard...
Anyway, they have a different approach to characters dying, which I could adapt to the WoK RPG.
It would go something like this:
1) Scrap AP costs for movement. This would allow players to keep moving as much as they liked.
2) This would make AP pretty much just spell points. Allow them to be regenerated by resting, albeit slowly.
3) Also regenerate HP and AP on an hourly basis and/or in the city.
4) Possibly introduce some special attacks (Berserk, etc.) which use AP, to keep the fighters happy.
5) Resurrect does not have an AP cost, instead it knocks off 10% of your EXP. At level 1 this would mean you'd have to kill one monster to make up the loss, at level 29 this would drop you a level, at level 58 it would drop you 2 levels. Thus careless behaviour has a much more pronounced effect as you become more experienced. This could work with or without a gold cost. (Maybe with an automatic resurrect after a certain amount of time or the option to pay for resurrection now.)
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:22 am
i like #5 that seems like a good incentive to be careful... u lose a level!
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:23 pm
The only problem with taking the AP cost away from movement is that I lose the one restriction I have on how much you guys can play. You'd soon be racing through levels and I'd have to keep adding new baddies and twists to the game, just to keep you happy!
I do like the exp penalty for death idea though. I think I'll add that. - Probably when the city resurrects you, but not when a friend does, to encourage teamwork.
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:45 pm
chris, can you at least do something right now even if the formula isn't perfect, i've been dead like 4 days now and i can't possibly get resurrected, so maybe just lower the costs a bit so we can play...
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:38 pm
Ok, ok, been away for a while.
Value should now be within the range of your total AP.
I still say you should just stop dying...
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:47 pm
well it says i need 1042 AP i have 1894, and still says not enough.
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:56 pm
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:19 pm
AP costs now down to quarter of your total (roughly 1/10 of a day's AP) however you also take a 10% EXP penalty, which can result in your level dropping.
All these penalties apply when clicking the 'resurrect me' button, not when being resurrected by another player.