new item costs

Talk about the WoK Role Playing Game, currently in open beta.

Moderator: korexus

SmashFace

new item costs

Post by SmashFace » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:28 pm

with new item sales costs being much lower, and buy prices much lower (which i agree with ) maybe the resurrection costs should be modified as well?
God of WOK

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:08 pm

I agree. I PMd Chris about this last night.
Question everything.

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:40 pm

Item costs are looking more reasonable, although I should trim off the decimals really.

Of course, it's hard to know for sure as players currently have an overinflated bank balance from the previously found items. I guess I should restart at some point to test how it works from the beginning.

I'll look at resurrection costs at the same time. While they are probably too high at low levels, I'm still thinking of them as too cheap at higher levels. Maybe I need a different formula...

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:55 pm

i disagree with them being too low at higher levels, if i die one more time i will probably have to restart my charactor, even tho i can come back with 20-30 items when i go out, but if each only sells for 2-3k and resurrection is like 200000 i am pretty much SOL. anywho, my thoughts...
God of WOK

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:00 pm

I have stopped playing atm as I can't afford to die to many times more either. If I start a new char then I won't be able to afford to die once.
Question everything.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:37 pm

Ok, I've reduced the resurrect costs to 2/5 what they were, this makes the cost for a level 20 80,000 gold. I appreciate that this is still quite a lot, but this is death we're talking about folks! :-P

These changes now make the money from quests very strong. All the money you pay for a resurrect is added to the reward offer for the relavent monster.

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability