Virus problem

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Duke

Virus problem

Post by Duke » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:09 am

Hi all,

long time no see. I've been to hell and back during my absence and I am starting to get on top of things now. Still some ways to go however.

Anyway, I checked my @home.se e-mail account yesterday for the first time since long and to my surprice I have recieved and sent one heck of alot of e-mails. Stupid and gullable as I am I checked one of the attachments and my corporate virusshield went nuts on me. Five minutes later I get a call from the IT-department in Denmark asking me what kind of stunt I am trying to pull up here. (yes they say that they dont monitor us. Strange that they called me so soon)

Anyway, I belive that I have been unintentionally spreading infected e-mails to a bunch of you guys. I hope that you all have had enough security to protect yourselves from me. (oh so many jokes that you can create based on that last sentence).

I would like you all NOT to trust any e-mails coming from me until I announce that I am "clean". I cant even check my account without being shut down by my shield.

Sooo, please wait for me. I will be back some day.
First one here, last one to leave.

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:33 am

So you are the offender!
I got several infected email originating from a server in Sweden, so it must be you! Luckily I am well protected, so your mails were cleaned upon arrival. :)

Mullog
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:01 am

"Duke - armed and dangerous"

Dangerous to others it seems.... :P Good to see youre still alive, mate. Join us in any of the growing battlefields anytime.

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:16 am

I belive I have exorcised the dameons eeh, deamons (spelling is hard) from my webaccount.

Please dont make up any creative wierd subjectlines or I might send your mail directly to the trash.

/Duke
First one here, last one to leave.