2003 WOK Championship has ended!

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

trewqh

2003 WOK Championship has ended!

Post by trewqh » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:36 pm

After 27 turns of nearly non-stop warfare we have a winner of the Champs. (and it's still the beginning of Spring :) ) The title stays with the one whom we're used to call our Champ. The winner of 2003 WOK Championship is:

Egbert of the Scholars

The game was quite quick and brutal from the very beginning. And as we know it wasn't the Sholars against the others as some suggested it is going to be. The best proof is how Raw and Bryk opposed Egbert for nearly half of the game. Last turn Egbert took Brykovian out of the game and established a very big Score advance. Only then has Raw conceeded.

Good game everyone! Thanks for playing and for letting me GM. I certainly enjoyed it.

My personal acknowledgements go out to Raw who out of the 27 turns he survived hasn't issued attack orders only 4 times! He was also usually the first one to send in his orders :)

I'll let you all know when the 2003 Champs Chronicles will be completed.

Good night,
GM Mike

PS I'm not sure if any gets VPs that's why I'm not posting in the VP reporting thread, can anyone remind me?
Too bad we haven't clearly decided if this game should be rated because it started after January 1st

27 turns in 104 days equals less than 4 days per turn. Am I a good GM or what?
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:17 pm

Mucho Congrats Eggy. That was a fun 1 to watch. Props to Bryk and Raw... and all others who participated, even those who missed the first turn and paid dearly :P

Oh and Trewqh... Raw always gets his orders in a day before anyone else does.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:36 am

Wow, congrats again Eg. Trewqh, yes, VPs get awarded, but only to individual Kaohalla. There are no clan VPs awareded (since there's no 2-player-per-clan limit) and no individual HiScore ones (since the Champs gets an automatic re-invite to next years Champs). Eg should get 3 more VPs in individual Kaohalla though, for sure.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:02 am

Congrats again my old friend. When will you be too senile to win the big one? That's when I want to play. ;)

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:50 am

Congratulations Eggie! Another great fight, but even a 2-1 isn't strong enough to take the title from you. :D

Well Done to Bryk and Raw as well, two rips each in the champs is pretty good. :D
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:27 am

*claps* *applause*

Egbert, the only true Grandmaster of WOK !!

Of course I always predicted the outcome of the champs.... :P

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:31 pm

Well played Eg.

Maybe next year I can stop you.... :roll:

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:47 am

Hello all. Just got back from vacation, so I couldn't reply until now. Thanks to GM Mike for a perfectly run Champs game. A well-played game by all, even though a very strange one. I think the MVP of the game was Korexus, who courageously fought 2 enemies and eventually died in battle. Honorable mention to TK who single-handedly removed the bullseye from my back and placed it on his, with his "still-inexplicable-to-me" actions. Oh well. I thoroughly enjoyed the tactical fighting in the 2nd half of the game --- Raw and Bryk are quite formidable. I really did not expect to win this one --- that's the truth.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:37 pm

Congrats Egbert. You are the one and only. Well, unless you count me :wink:
First one here, last one to leave.