Daylight Savings Time

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Daylight Savings Time

Post by Allister Fiend » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:40 am

Just a kindly reminder to those whom it concerns. 8)

Set your clocks an hour ahead tonight since it it time for "Spring Ahead"

Allister
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:24 pm

Except for those of us in Indiana who don't use daylight savings time!!!!! :D

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:41 pm

No wonder. From what I've heard, those in Indiana haven't heard of clocks yet........For you guys, it's a matter of moving that sundial round a bit.........you'll get the hang of it.
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:40 am

You know I have YET to figure out the reasoning behind DST.
The people we have elected to go make laws keep trying to get us to go on DST but they can't seem to make up their minds which zone Indiana should be in. I personally prefer the way it is. I Still think the rest of the world is just to stubborn to realize that life is so much easier if you just leave your clocks alone and live with it. What is the big attraction to DST?
An extra hour of sunlight in the evenings during the summer? Heck the sun already stays out until past 8:00pm here I think that is plenty late. why would I want to sun to be shining at 9:00pm by then I am trying to get my kids to bed and all they say is "But daddy the sun is still shining, it can't be bedtime yet."
Along with the fact that I always HATED changing the clocks on the ship. that hour of lost sleep was a pain. but they always wanted to move them back during the workday so we had to work an extra hour. That's the US gov't for you.
When you are going back and forth to the Indian Ocean that is ALOT of hours to work with.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:26 pm

Underdog wrote:You know I have YET to figure out the reasoning behind DST.
The people we have elected to go make laws keep trying to get us to go on DST but they can't seem to make up their minds which zone Indiana should be in. I personally prefer the way it is. I Still think the rest of the world is just to stubborn to realize that life is so much easier if you just leave your clocks alone and live with it. What is the big attraction to DST?
An extra hour of sunlight in the evenings during the summer? Heck the sun already stays out until past 8:00pm here I think that is plenty late. why would I want to sun to be shining at 9:00pm by then I am trying to get my kids to bed and all they say is "But daddy the sun is still shining, it can't be bedtime yet."
Along with the fact that I always HATED changing the clocks on the ship. that hour of lost sleep was a pain. but they always wanted to move them back during the workday so we had to work an extra hour. That's the US gov't for you.
When you are going back and forth to the Indian Ocean that is ALOT of hours to work with.
AMEN BROTHER!
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:04 am

Underdog wrote: What is the big attraction to DST?
An extra hour of sunlight in the evenings during the summer?
Hey UD come over here and experience winter with between 0 and 4 hrs of sunlight a day and you might see things from a different angle. I am as please as pie getting all the sun time I can get while it lasts. And I'd sure rather have sun late at night when I'm out doing stuff than early in the morning when I'm trying to get some sleep. Oh I love those long summer nights.
- Mmm, summer ... *drewl*

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:28 am

Lord Fredo wrote:
Hey UD come over here and experience winter with between 0 and 4 hrs of sunlight a day and you might see things from a different angle. I am as please as pie getting all the sun time I can get while it lasts. And I'd sure rather have sun late at night when I'm out doing stuff than early in the morning when I'm trying to get some sleep. Oh I love those long summer nights.
- Mmm, summer ... *drewl*
Fredo. With those kind of hours in the winter I am pretty sure it translates to 20-24 hours in the summer. at that point if you can't get all the sun you want you have some serious problems with the 24 hour day.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:07 pm

Hmm ... :roll: ... No. No problems there. :D

Off course those are peak times in both directions so there are sure to be plenty of days in between where that extra hour is both apreciated and needed.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:11 pm

Yup, i love the extra hour of sun...so relaxing sitting outside at 10 pm enjoying the nice weather. :D

BTW UD if your kids don't listen and won't go to bed i've been told that a backhander to the face usually solves that problem. :roll:
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:10 pm

Saladin wrote:BTW UD if your kids don't listen and won't go to bed i've been told that a backhander to the face usually solves that problem. :roll:
You've been told of you've experienced ...? :hehehe:

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:40 pm

Smack!
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......