Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Return of GM Andy

Post by Funtastick » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:54 am

Greets All!

My brother came home today, Friday. He had something that allowed me to reformat my computer while in DOS. That worked and then I got the drivers for my ethernet card, so I'm happy to say, I'm back!

I will get things going again starting tomorrow hopefully, but no guarentees. I'll be e-mailing the players in my group 06 and finalizing things for group 04 then as well. If you have any questions, e-mail me, maybe I'll actually be able to respond now :)

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:34 am

My mothers computer was screwed up last weekend and that was all my sister and I could get hers to start in was DOS. You should have heard us trying to remember all those old commands, it was pretty comical.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:54 am

I had someone try to teach me the commands for it but it was pointless. I was sooo lost. You know you're old when you remember how to actually navigate through DOS. How many people know them? :P :egypt:

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:58 am

Donut wrote:You know you're old when you remember how to actually navigate through DOS. How many people know them.
{raises hand} :oops:

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:35 am

I tend to put my DOS-"survival kit" :roll: on a memory card and boot from there (as I dont have any old disk drive).

That can amaze a lot of people when they see it. :P

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:03 am

I remember some of the commands :D

I wouldn't have any problems navigating.

Or running fdisk for instance..... :P (Yes I do know about computer crashes :!: )

trewqh
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Re: Return of GM Andy

Post by Undertaker » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:07 pm

Funtastick wrote:Greets All!

My brother came home today, Friday. He had something that allowed me to reformat my computer while in DOS. That worked and then I got the drivers for my ethernet card, so I'm happy to say, I'm back!

I will get things going again starting tomorrow hopefully, but no guarentees. I'll be e-mailing the players in my group 06 and finalizing things for group 04 then as well. If you have any questions, e-mail me, maybe I'll actually be able to respond now :)

OK Funkystink, whats the verdict? Are these games going to start again or do we need to find another GM?
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:36 pm

This game already WOULD be going had people listened to what I said. I need the past turns turn reports, as well as your orders for the upcoming turn before I can get things moving agani. If my memory serves me I only received full info from AF and got a turn report from another player, not sure who though off hand.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:32 pm

Send in your orders toToby for Nestalia too, OK Funta?

Taker says he sent his orders to ya so double check.

Allister
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:05 am

Funtastick wrote: I need the past turns turn reports, as well as your orders for the upcoming turn before I can get things moving agani.
Didn't you use the Turn Data email database? If you did just ask Al for the file.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:19 am

Funty, why don't you try actually EMAILING people? I have recieved no email with this request, only seen it here on the boards. If you want people to respond, try contacting them.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:03 pm

If this game doesn't start again by the weekend I'd like to ask the GMC to find a different GM to finish it.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:06 pm

Well I spoke with Andy last night in IM. Don't expect either of his games to finish. He hasn't been sending his .dat files to the Turn Database. So unless a extremely committed GM wants to spend a whole day manually inputting all the game data, it ain't happening.

Two things,

1) thanks for keeping us informed Andy :roll:. I'll be sure to avoid your games in the future.

2) there needs to be rule that all GM's must use the Database.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:25 pm

Undertaker wrote: there needs to be rule that all GM's must use the Database.
I second that motion! Can the WSC discuss it?
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:32 pm

Al, one simple solution would be if the WOK 4-5 manager would automatically send the dat files to the TBH. Can this be done?
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:50 pm

Or another sub-program in the WOK 5 Manager that could handle both kinds of DAT files since you probably don't want to mess with WOK4 Manager.

trewqh
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:12 pm

Im not gonna mess with WOK4 or WOK5 for that - if you want to save a copy of your files then you have like a million ways to do it.

And believe me, even if we would force the GMs to use the TDH there still would be some that wouldnt do it or refuse to. And others would just forget it or send the wrong data.... :roll:

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:45 am

Perhaps GM Andy can call for votes to end the games. I know that the WOK4 game only had the three players left and two of them have contacted me (the VO members, of course) indicating that the game is over. I told them I need to hear from the GM or the GMC before I can record and end result for the game.

In the absence of the GM, the players may do this by all contacting the GMC with their result. There probably is not enough time to get this done before the end of this clan scoring period, but that would be nice since the games effectively ended in this clan scoring period.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:54 am

I would be willing to pick up the WoK 4 game. Technically I can't because I'm still running my first game, but I can guarentee it wouldn't be any worse! :wink: If the remaining 3 players want me to and the GMC don't mind then I'll do that. Unfortunately, I can't take on the other game due to a conflict of interest with my plan to get VPs in it! :P

GM Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:44 am

Bjorn wrote:Perhaps GM Andy can call for votes to end the games. I know that the WOK4 game only had the three players left and two of them have contacted me (the VO members, of course) indicating that the game is over. I told them I need to hear from the GM or the GMC before I can record and end result for the game.
Group 6 was nowhere near completion :( , theres no way anyone could be declared winner.