Monthly subscription now available !

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Monthly subscription now available !

Post by gm_al » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:51 pm

Im happy to announce I have added a PayPal monthly subscription option that allows GMs (or someone looking to help his favourite GM) to get his/her own kaomaris subdomain, ie.

gmpeter.kaomaris.com (or www.gmpeter.kaomaris.com, both work)

and including up to 100 MB of webspace, PHP, CGI etc. and also one personal MySQL database (so help us Rune :P ) No more popup hell, no more endless banners or lengthy loading times. All that is available for just $5 monthly. All money will be counted as donations and fully used to pay our server and domain costs. The subscription can be cancelled at any time and will otherwise renew on a monthly basis.

I know at least one GM that will pick up this offer, and I hope a few others might as well. Please check the donations page http://www.kaomaris.com/donations.htm for all details.

PS: I have now created the first subdomain and installed the user and FTP access for it. Look in here to see who will soon present his new GM link....

korexus

Re: Monthly subscription now available !

Post by korexus » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:37 pm

gm_al wrote: I have now created the first subdomain and installed the user and FTP access for it. Look in here to see who will soon present his new GM link....

That would be me. Although my previous site was fine in many ways (free, no popups/banners/adverts/anything) there were a couple of problems. Mainly that the space available was connected to my email inbox and that the university dislikes people using the webspace for "games".

So 100Mb of hassle free space seems like a good idea. I've shifted all my stuff across now and apart from one initial glitch the kaomaris server is easier to use than the Oxford University one was so I'm pretty happy!

The site is at http://www.gmchris.kaomaris.com Almost everything is sorted now, I should be able to open up my first game within a week.

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability